Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel {GBR}

Another Doubletree in London ^
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yes!!!.....great news.

Last edited by wizla; Sep 15, 2015 at 2:57 am Reason: Link found
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:55 am

Oh yeah I see it now on Hilton's site.......it's the old ramada hotel on the docks.......it's obviously changing to doubletree next year

Last edited by wizla; Sep 15, 2015 at 3:00 am Reason: Addition
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Another Doubletree in London ^
Perfect location for the the Excel Centre, as well as London City Airport. Great place for London too, as it gives people the chance to get away from the fast pace of central London.

Will be watching with interest on how things progress from it being a Ramada to a DoubleTree.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A little bit more of a walk than the Aloft, but not too far.

Have stayed at the Ramada and it was perfectly fine. If it keeps rates in line with current levels, especially when Excel doesn't have an event on, then it could be a very affordable HH option.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:19 am

I've not stayed at the ramada but I know the area really well, it's great walking around the old dock there........london City airport is next door , nice Indian restaurant nearby......only negative is I know a few years back they had trouble with cars being broken into in the car park.....I think they have improved security since.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:30 pm

Is it this hotel? http://www.ramadadocklands.co.uk

If so I stayed here back in May as I had some Wyndham points that we're going to expire.

Decent enough hotel and reasonable sized rooms for London. They were showing a bit of wear and tear although I'm guessing a full refurb before changing to a DT will sort that.

The restaurant on site was really good one night and then very poor the following night - we only decided to eat in it again as it had been so good the first night and were very disappointed.

Breakfast was very good though.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make. It's a decent enough property though and a welcome addition to the Hilton stable.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
Is it this hotel? http://www.ramadadocklands.co.uk

If so I stayed here back in May as I had some Wyndham points that we're going to expire.

Decent enough hotel and reasonable sized rooms for London. They were showing a bit of wear and tear although I'm guessing a full refurb before changing to a DT will sort that.

The restaurant on site was really good one night and then very poor the following night - we only decided to eat in it again as it had been so good the first night and were very disappointed.

Breakfast was very good though.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make. It's a decent enough property though and a welcome addition to the Hilton stable.
Yep.....that's the one, I checked the address and it matched the one on Hilton's website to be sure.........should be a winner!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Yep.....that's the one, I checked the address and it matched the one on Hilton's website to be sure.........should be a winner!
Yeah there is a fair amount of suites in the hotel IIRC so a decent chance of an upgrade. As I was using points and Wyndham doesn't really have an elite tier as such I was offered a cash upgrade to one at something like £45 a night which was fairly reasonable. We didn't bother though as we had plans for most of the weekend and the standard room was more than sufficient.

I'm sure it was just standard and suite with Ramada although that may change when it changed to DT.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Premier Inn Hotel is attached to Ramada hotel which could help control room rates as generally Hilton's charge more than Ramada

Nearest hotel to Excel though, has to be the IBIS right across the other side of Excel buildings, on the side I tend to prefer staying
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Premier Inn Hotel is attached to Ramada hotel which could help control room rates as generally Hilton's charge more than Ramada

Nearest hotel to Excel though, has to be the IBIS right across the other side of Excel buildings, on the side I tend to prefer staying
Hmmm. The novotel is slightly closer , It used to be my hotel of choice when I was in the area until the sauna caught fire........after that I decided to concentrate my stays on Hilton to reach gold......this was back in 2010.
I really like the area, will be good for mattress runs @ Hilton Canary Wharf , docklands riverside and here.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by scubaccr

I think the Aloft is even closer, but it depends on which side of the Excel you want to get to.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:43 pm

I had a walk around the docks today and popped in for a look,maybe its a bit early but no changes whatsoever yet.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:02 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Does the hotel have an executive lounge now that its a DT by Hilton? Doesn’t mention it on their website it seems but saw a Tripdavisor review saying it does...mm? Anyone know? Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:06 pm

I stayed at this hotel on Sunday night (February 21). Staff were pleasant enough, and a decent onsite restaurant to be had, but despite my Diamond Level status, I received absolutely no recognition or benefits in any way, shape or form. OK, this shouldn't be taken as a given right, but every other hotel I've stayed at in the Hilton portfolio, has always acknowledged this as a minimum, and very often I receive many other benefits.

The hotel is located around a five minute walk from the Prince Regent DLR station. Signs still say Ramada Hotel, but please read "DoubleTree" for this.

Would I stay here again? If I'm in the area, yes, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. If you in need of a hotel located close to London City Airport, this one is very good.

Someone on the forum asked if this hotel had an Executive Lounge. The answer is definitely no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.