Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Arrow Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Currently under construction, the new Hilton Schiphol is taking shape in these YouTube videos of 45 seconds and 5 rather long minutes.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Can't come soon enough! ^
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:44 pm
cjd

Arrow New Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}

The new Hilton at Schiphol Airport is now on the Hilton website and taking bookings from 2nd November 2015. Looks very impressive with atrium style interior design. Should be a nice addition and great improvement on the existing hotel, which I assume will be getting demolished. The existing Hilton has no rooms available from 1st October 2015, so I assume the staff are being transferred over to the new hotel in preparation for it's opening in November.
See: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/net...PHI/index.html
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Stayed here for 1 night, I've been here some 12 times.
Its counting the days for the new hotel, but service is still great.
The new GM is doing well.
The Executive Lounge is still offering nice spirits, this is a +1 because most Hilton's in Netherlands and Belgium are only offering wine at the lounges.
The new Hilton Schiphol is delayed and will open november 2015.

Old and new Hotel:
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}

Thanks for the update on the delay.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat. Amb., AF/KL Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite
It will open on December 17th for sure. I will be staying a few days after the opening date and will report their Diamond treatment and benefits for sure !

The hotel looks stunning !
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:44 pm
cjd

According to the website, the opening date has been pushed back about a month. Now accepting reservations from December 17 2015. Looking forward to seeing first reviews for this new replcacement hotel.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:57 am

I was booked to stay Dec 29th-Jan 1st, but with less than stellar reviews and delayed new opening I switched to the Sheraton. Now they have opening set for the 17th and I am thinking of switching back. My husband wants to stay with the Sheraton because it is directly connected and 5 minutes from the train, but I read the new hotel is also directly connected to the airport. Is that correct? How far is it from the train station? I am Gold with Hilton and prefer their properties. Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Beth Gadway
I was booked to stay Dec 29th-Jan 1st, but with less than stellar reviews and delayed new opening I switched to the Sheraton. Now they have opening set for the 17th and I am thinking of switching back. My husband wants to stay with the Sheraton because it is directly connected and 5 minutes from the train, but I read the new hotel is also directly connected to the airport. Is that correct? How far is it from the train station? I am Gold with Hilton and prefer their properties. Thanks
5 more minutes walk to Hilton.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ-w...ature=youtu.be

Interesting video about the new hotel!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by thomas199023

Looks great, excited to stay there in a couple months!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat

Thanks for sharing that, interesting too get a sneak peak into the new hotel, looks nice (one can see some similarities to the LHR T4 Hilton and others as well).

Will look forward to giving it a try in the future. ^
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery

Thanks for sharing, fascinating insights into the new Hilton AMS. ^
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Thanks, real nice video. I liked the point where Samantha says she'll be able to step aside from the desk to welcome guests. I've only had this happen to me once before, if I can remember (Doubletree Chelsea, NYC). The new hostesses' dresses look great! Also the open kitchens will be nice, and they will be aiming to serve other guests besides air travelers.

Last edited by Sisosig; Jan 6, 2016 at 1:23 pm Reason: Removed misinterpretation
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:11 pm

Anybody stayed yet? What are the lounge offerings in the evening? Enough for a light supper?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.