Wiki Posts
Search

On line check in, yeah right.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

On line check in, yeah right.

Hi Terry,
It’s time to check in for your stay on Jun 21, 2015* at the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor. As an elite Hilton HHonors™ member, choose a room now and we’ll upgrade you upon arrival to the best of our ability.**

Just swing by the front desk to grab your key when you arrive. You’ll be stretched out on that comfy bed before you know it
Except the HHonors app crashes, due to a technical error, so I went to the website. That steps me through it, lets me select a room (suite as an upgrade) and THEN crashes.

o worries, phone the hotel, and speak to an Eastern European lady, who can't understand the issue, but puts me through to reception, except it rings, no reply. I eventually get transferred back to the young lady, who promptly hangs up on me.

An email to HHonors just gets this response.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your issue. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, I was unable to determine from your message how I may be of assistance. Please respond with further details regarding your request.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

Thanks a lot team, you've all been a great help in letting me check in as per your emailed request.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:26 pm

I had a similar issue this morning trying to do OLCI for DT Aberdeen for tomorrow night. It let me select a room and then the app crashed, although when I went to try and do it on desktop it said I was checked in. First time I've had an issue with it though tbh.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I was able to check in to Hilton Paddington earlier today without any problems.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
No problems here, done OLCI for a j suite upgrade at Canary wharf yesterday .....keys were waiting when I checked into hotel via exc Lounge.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:19 am
Original Poster

WE'RE SORRY

We experienced a technical difficulty. Please try again later or check-in upon arrival at the hotel.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
They offer upgrades on the OLCI? I never seem to see those. Rather, my room is usually pre-selected as the exact opposite of my requests. I prefer high floor king, but will often be pre selected into two queens first floor. Obviously I change it, but have never seen these upgrades you speak of. In fact, I generally do better by not doing OLCI.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
They offer upgrades on the OLCI? I never seem to see those. Rather, my room is usually pre-selected as the exact opposite of my requests. I prefer high floor king, but will often be pre selected into two queens first floor. Obviously I change it, but have never seen these upgrades you speak of. In fact, I generally do better by not doing OLCI.
I have seen upgrades at OLCI for sure. They are usually labeled as such and I have not had any issues getting the room category I selected through OLCI.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
I have seen upgrades at OLCI for sure. They are usually labeled as such and I have not had any issues getting the room category I selected through OLCI.
Are you talking about paid/NOR-1 or elite upgrades?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Are you talking about paid/NOR-1 or elite upgrades?
Elite comp upgrades
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I see the "Request Upgrade" button every time I check-in on my phone.

Every time I tap it, it says "Upgrades available starting at $9/night. Act now!"
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Elite comp upgrades
Wow. I cannot say that I have ever seen OLCI go right out and state "you have the option to pick X upgraded room type". That's interesting.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Still didn't work, and the suite I was upgraded to (room 135) was there form me when I checked in at the desk at 22.00 last night.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold
I'm so relieved to know it wasn't my phone! I kept trying/failing at OLCI with my last stay at the Waldorf Towers in NY.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I used to see upgraded rooms that were noted as such when checking into Hiltons in the US but not for quite some time. And my recent experience is also that the pre-selected room seems to ignore my preferences (high floor, away from elevator).

I had reserved a standard king at the Hilton Milan but when I did OLCI a few days ago I was offered executive kings. Fortunately I was able to choose a much better room than the 2nd floor room right across from the elevator that they preassigned.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:06 am

Just played with OLCI for a reservation at the DT Buckhead (Atlanta) that just opened up. Floor map shows most rooms on floors 2-5 labeled as "executive". Interesting, because the property does not have a lounge from what I can tell and does not list executive rooms as a type on its website. I seem to have a choice of that or a "deluxe" room which seems to be a basic one plus a microwave and fridge? But apparently the property has corner rooms, suites, etc. which are not evident on this floorplan. I think I will hold off and take my chances with the FD agent, but based on what I've read about this property I am certainly not expecting much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.