Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

So much for the rage of the FT Hilton community...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

I saw lots of ranting about Hilton devaluations the last few years.

It's not showing up in their profit statements.

Or their customer satisfaction, apparently.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...faction-report

FlyerTalk is a very different place from the customer base of Hilton, it would seem.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I saw lots of ranting about Hilton devaluations the last few years.

It's not showing up in their profit statements.

Or their customer satisfaction, apparently.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...faction-report

FlyerTalk is a very different place from the customer base of Hilton, it would seem.
FT members are a very small percentage of any loyalty program even if more vocal. The chains have always watched the bottom line and that's what counts the most.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The JD Power survey is a joke. It's pay-to-play and it focuses on metrics that don't matter. See Gary Leff's critique. JD Power May Be Smart About Lots of Things But Hotel Loyalty Aint One
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:15 pm

I hate to link to Gary Leff, but he's spot on here. This customer satisfaction report is prima facie absurd. The graph is an amateur hack job by somebody who has no credible background in statistics or measurement. Note the fine print:

"Rankings are based on numerical scores, and not necessarily on statistical significance."

To rank based on statistical significance would be absolute nonsense. Whoever hired the team that produced this junk report needs to realize they've been had by data science charlatans.

JD Power May Be Smart About Lots of Things, But Hotel Loyalty Ain’t One

Edit: Kacee beat me to it!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
The JD Power survey is a joke. It's pay-to-play and it focuses on metrics that don't matter.[/URL]
+1

Whenever I see a JD Power survey about anything I automatically go into mental ignore mode.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Survey results much closer to being upside down than right side up. It's a subject we know something about and does nothing to enhance the Power brand. I cannot believe they publish the metrics, it's embarrassing.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Not so much. There are quite a few that are satisfied with Hilton and say so as well as probably many more that don't want to get into the negative rants.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I'll give such surveys more credibility when they start asking for my opinion.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I'll give such surveys more credibility when they start asking for my opinion.
Yeah, and the next time you have a blood test you're going to tell them to take it all, right?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: Several
I don't think I've ever ranted about Hilton, or any other travel brand on FT for that matter. Some days are good, some are bad in travel. It's a fact that all of these loyalty programs will devalue sooner or later. The only real question is "when".

While the HH program may have been devalued to a great extent, I still find value in places along with some great deals here and there. At this point though, I'm finished with going out of my way to maintain or achieve status with both hotel and airline loyalty programs unless it is incidental to my travel needs. Some people will find more value in it though than others which I cannot discredit because all of our travel patterns are different.

I travel on my own dime, and I don't see a huge benefit in paying $100/night more for a specific brand when I'm receiving similar products. I've overall been happy with the HH program and properties (given that I have more leeway in where I choose to stay), but if there is a comparable Marriott or Hyatt property for far less expense, I don't see why I should stick with Hilton.

I do hate that the old AXON award went away, but I've also used the new points & cash awards several times which I feel has netted me a greater benefit in terms of flexibility even though I pay a cash portion. Plus, 5th night free has been added which is a positive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.