Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
$25 F&B credit must be used separately from other credits

Sigh. Just stayed one night. Got $18+$18 as Diamond breakfast benefit. Fine. Paid the stupid $25 destination fee and got a credit for it. Also fine. However, they neglected to tell us that we had to spend the credits separately. I charge $65 on breakfast and they wouldn't give me the full credit -- we got $36. Checkout clerk suggested we go buy candy and water to spend the $25.

Have I just always had multiple F&B charges so never noticed this, or is new, or was the guy just wrong? He wouldn't budge and we had to catch a plane.

*UPDATE: Emailed the hotel and they very quickly said we were right and gave us the full $25 credit as a refund.
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by abaheti; Sep 18, 2023 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by abaheti
Sigh. Just stayed one night. Got $18+$18 as Diamond breakfast benefit. Fine. Paid the stupid $25 destination fee and got a credit for it. Also fine. However, they neglected to tell us that we had to spend the credits separately. I charge $65 on breakfast and they wouldn't give me the full credit -- we got $36. Checkout clerk suggested we go buy candy and water to spend the $25.

Have I just always had multiple F&B charges so never noticed this, or is new, or was the guy just wrong? He wouldn't budge and we had to catch a plane.
This "can't be combined" policy sunds just as disingenuous as charging a "destination fee" in the first place.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
This "can't be combined" policy sunds just as disingenuous as charging a "destination fee" in the first place.
It would be weird, I mean I guess I could just sit at the bar or restaurant and close out my tab and open a now one...? On the plus side I emailed the hotel this morning and they very quickly said we were right and gave us the full $25 credit as a refund. Impressive response time and proper outcome.
My name is N..., I’m one of the leaders here at Hilton SF union Square. I apologize for the miscommunication during checkout, your impression of our destination fee credit was correct. With that being said, I have issued an immediate refund of $25.00 back to your Visa. Attached is your most updated folio.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.