Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Free breakfast if the booking is made using rocketmiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium

If I make a booking using Rocketmiles, do I still get free breakfast as Hilton Gold?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Presumably not.

I'm sure somebody will come along who has made a booking such as this, and can confirm for certain, but if you book via Rocketmiles then the reservation is not directly thru Hilton's own systems, and they will therefore not know who you are or your status.

It would then remain for you to carry your card and try and have the details added at check-in, which may or may not bear fruit.

Good luck !
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Breakfast should be based on status, no matter how booked! (e.g. award stays, free brekkie)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Haven't used Rocketmiles, but with other third party bookings (UA, group, etc) I've always gotten breakfast when I give them my Hilton number on check in
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Breakfast should be based on status, no matter how booked! (e.g. award stays, free brekkie)
That's not what the HHonors TnCs say. A travel agent or third party booking does not qualify, though YMMV at persuading them to extend the benefits anyway.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks everyone.

I did the booking using rocket miles to get 5000 American Airlines miles.

So the best case is 5000 AA miles for the booking, worst case, I will virtually end up buying 5000 miles for say 40$, which isn't a bad deal either.

I will post my experience after the stay.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rickers
Presumably not.

I'm sure somebody will come along who has made a booking such as this, and can confirm for certain, but if you book via Rocketmiles then the reservation is not directly thru Hilton's own systems, and they will therefore not know who you are or your status.

It would then remain for you to carry your card and try and have the details added at check-in, which may or may not bear fruit.

Good luck !
It's not about "somebody". The general practice, at least in Europe, is that hotels ALWAYS extend all benefits even if the booking is made via third party. Of course you need to show your elite card at check-in or contact the hotel in advance otherwise they won't be aware of your status.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You obviously won't get the HH points, but you should get the breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.