Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Still seems to be down for me too. Can others access?
just checked not working
but you can still submit it on twitter
got mine approved thru Twitter
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Do you mean by this that you were able to get Hilton match the price BEFORE you actually booked and paid for the room? I haven't heard of this happening before--can you explain further? Did you just call them up and have them look up the rates for themselves on both sites?
Yes you can now do that, its their new price match guarantee as there is no Best Rate Guarantee department anymore. All associates have been briefed and follow a script now
There is one problem with this, I found that most of the reservations staff and other associates don't know how to look up the third party website or process the claim correctly. Numerous times I had to hang up and start again or they have transferred me through to the hotel to process.

But I have had success of 3 occasions upon phoning in a non-refundable rate, which mostly took over 2 hours each time.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991

just checked not working
but you can still submit it on twitter
got mine approved thru Twitter
Form is back online. The rate I was matching too has disappeared in the interim. I have screenshots but not expecting success. Frustrating.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:39 pm

can anyone remind me why amoma.com is not an approved site?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:04 am

best price guarantee

Hilton Honors Best price guarantee seems to be a scam. I made a reservation today and when I called to let them know I found a lower rate on Priceline, and they went through the (very lengthy) process of verifying it, each time the call would get disconnected. When that happens 3 or 4 times, you know it's not a guarantee they stand behind. Who else has experienced this? I'm not accustomed to this type of treatment by the other hotel brands. They seem to honor their guaranteed rates.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Welcome to FT

There's a way to submit a claim online:
https://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/.../overview.html
There's also lots of small print and rules associated with the best price guarantee.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes it's a scam.

I wouldn't terribly mind that so much - I play the game and accept the wins with the losses - but it does grate how much they promote their BRG without having any intention of complying with it.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:25 am

Hilton Price Match Guarantee

I call the diamond desk to ask about getting the rate that Hotel Tonight was displaying for the downtown Hampton Inn near the civic center in San Francisco. The rate on Hilton website was $410 a night for for 3 nights. The rate on Hotel Tonight was $267. Both of these rate did not require prepayment. I was told that was not a sight they would match. Seems to me that they can pick and choose who they want to match but are very Loud and Proud to tell us about the program. In the end I should have received the Hampton in for $200.25 night according to the additional 25% off the listed competing site.
I did over 60 nights last year at Hilton and another 55 at other properties. Anyone else have the same issues. I think it is wrong and misleading!

Last edited by FLALSU; Mar 8, 2019 at 9:06 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:46 am

Wrong forum. This is for Fairmont.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The way it's advertised is crap but the way the guarantee is spelled out on the website is rather explicit.

Originally Posted by FLALSU
I call the diamond desk to ask about getting the rate that Hotel Tonight was displaying for the downtown Hampton Inn near the civic center in San Francisco. The rate on Hilton website was $410 a night for for 3 nights. The rate on Hotel Tonight was $267. Both of these rate did not require prepayment. I was told that was not a sight they would match. Seems to me that they can pick and choose who they want to match but are very Loud and Proud to tell us about the program. In the end I should have received the Hampton in for $200.25 night according to the additional 25% off the listed competing site.
I did over 60 nights last year at Hilton and another 55 at other properties. Anyone else have the same issues. I think it is wrong and misleading!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Moving this over to the Hilton forum...

Jasper2009
Fairmont FPC forum moderator
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm a huge user of Hotel Tonight. In fairness to Hilton, that site is deeply discounted at times. Of course, I can see why they wouldn't price match Hotel Tonight .
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yeah, Hotel Tonight is a different kind of vendor. Their inventory is highly variable, and your access to their prices is limited. They're kind of a fire-sale retailer. The Hilton PMG is meant for "regular" retailers of hotel nights that people make "normal" reservations with.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:57 pm

Hotel Tonight requires membership to book. That is grounds for denial of price guarantee claims. See the third clause below:

A "lower qualified price" must fulfill each of the following:
  • A lower price you find on a booking channel that is NOT one of the official Hilton booking channels.**
  • Must be for the same accommodations and terms as your current booking through one of the official Hilton booking channels.**
  • Price must be without restriction, meaning that it is viewable and bookable by anyone.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
Hotel Tonight requires membership to book. That is grounds for denial of price guarantee claims. See the third clause below:

A "lower qualified price" must fulfill each of the following:
  • A lower price you find on a booking channel that is NOT one of the official Hilton booking channels.**
  • Must be for the same accommodations and terms as your current booking through one of the official Hilton booking channels.**
  • Price must be without restriction, meaning that it is viewable and bookable by anyone.
Can you clarify what you mean by membership? I just took a dummy booking all the way through providing a credit card with no log in or "membership" required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.