Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
I have some stays coming up between xmas and new year. Does anyone have the email address for the hotel front desk? I've done some online shopping in the US and I'm going to ask them to deliver to the hotel to save on overseas shipping (I'm from Australia).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Still a good hotel. Even when it was a Wyndham or Rennasance before a Hilton and I received no breakfast, I stayed there a lot just due to the location if they were cheaper than the SF Hilton and they are good with upgrades.

Just irritating they are being cheap with the breakfast benefits now (but that is a complaint I have with Hilton in general, I think all diamonds should get a full breakfast like with the competition if there is no lounge) and the continental buffet is better than a lot of US Hilton breakfasts I've had.

Hope you are lucky with your stay and get a server who tells you to help yourself to whatever on the buffet
Enjoyed my stay overall, was hit or miss on buffet. Location was very convenient. Wifi went out for an entire day.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:34 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Detailed Stay Report - January 2016

Completed 2 separate 1-night stays at the Parc 55 on January 5 and 7 as a diamond, sandwiched around a 1-night stay at the Hilton Union Square (getting started early on elite qualification via stays ).

At the Parc 55 I was acknowledged both check-ins as a diamond, and the 2 bottles of water were in the room. For each stay the OLCI a day in advance showed the original room on the 6th or so floor, so I did not complete the check-in. On the day of arrival an upgraded room was visible in OLCI, in both cases 29th floor room. On one occasion I was able to use OLCI to change the room to the 31st floor, while on the other the 29th was the highest available. I asked about suites or corner rooms at the front desk and was told none available. Picture of the view attached.

I didn't have a problem with road noise in either of the rooms. There were ear plugs in both of the bathrooms and it was certainly not silent, but not enough to bother me. It was somewhat drowned out by the sound of the rain on the window, which was heavy at times during my stay. With the window vents open the road noise is pretty bad though, so I closed them.

The breakfast voucher reads, "As a Diamond guest, enjoy Continental Breakfast, located in Cable 55. Upgrade to full Buffet for addl $10." There was a small sign next to the scrambled eggs indicating to ask server about omelets. The buffet was better than my stay in June, consisting of scrambled eggs, potatoes, bread pudding, bacon, and sausage, along with salmon and some Asian items. On the cold side there are pastries, cereal, bread, and fruit. On both mornings the items were replenished regularly. The "grab and go" area was separate, outside the actual buffet area.

I was charged the upcharge for full buffet both mornings. The additional $10 does not include tax or tip, so the actual amount charged was $10.88 and with a 15-20% tip it is roughly $13 each morning. I still consider the breakfast at the Parc 55 to be inferior to the spread at the Urban Tavern at the Hilton Union Square, and the Hilton $9.99 upcharge includes tax and tip.

Internet access was via a code (not requiring sign-in) and speeds varied. On night 1 around 7:00 PM -- a Monday -- speedtest was indicating 3.5 down and 12 up, whereas on Wednesday at 11:00 PM, it was down to 1.2 down and 0.5 up and dropping out quite frequently, as in the SSID disappearing.

Overall a good stay. I prefer the location of Parc 55 over the Hilton, since it's right across the street from the Powell BART. The Hilton has a better breakfast that's a few bucks cheaper. Nothing compelling for me to choose one versus the other.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:46 pm

Is Gold breakfast only option Grab and go with fruit, bun and juice? No continental buffet and no up charge to full buffet, i.e. full buffet is $30++?

Hiltons in SF are really racing to the bottom in terms of elite benefits, I will go for Starwood even without status I get free wifi and late Sunday check-out at Westin. Better to head our to one of the many great and cheaper breakfast options.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by view
Is Gold breakfast only option Grab and go with fruit, bun and juice? No continental buffet and no up charge to full buffet, i.e. full buffet is $30++?

Hiltons in SF are really racing to the bottom in terms of elite benefits, I will go for Starwood even without status I get free wifi and late Sunday check-out at Westin. Better to head our to one of the many great and cheaper breakfast options.
I've considered that (SPG Gold, HH Diamond) but Starwood's prices have never been anywhere near as low as Hilton's, and I'm spending my own money.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by kpbadger
Completed 2 separate 1-night stays at the Parc 55 on January 5 and 7 as a diamond, sandwiched around a 1-night stay at the Hilton Union Square (getting started early on elite qualification via stays ).

At the Parc 55 I was acknowledged both check-ins as a diamond, and the 2 bottles of water were in the room. For each stay the OLCI a day in advance showed the original room on the 6th or so floor, so I did not complete the check-in. On the day of arrival an upgraded room was visible in OLCI, in both cases 29th floor room. On one occasion I was able to use OLCI to change the room to the 31st floor, while on the other the 29th was the highest available. I asked about suites or corner rooms at the front desk and was told none available. Picture of the view attached.

I didn't have a problem with road noise in either of the rooms. There were ear plugs in both of the bathrooms and it was certainly not silent, but not enough to bother me. It was somewhat drowned out by the sound of the rain on the window, which was heavy at times during my stay. With the window vents open the road noise is pretty bad though, so I closed them.

The breakfast voucher reads, "As a Diamond guest, enjoy Continental Breakfast, located in Cable 55. Upgrade to full Buffet for addl $10." There was a small sign next to the scrambled eggs indicating to ask server about omelets. The buffet was better than my stay in June, consisting of scrambled eggs, potatoes, bread pudding, bacon, and sausage, along with salmon and some Asian items. On the cold side there are pastries, cereal, bread, and fruit. On both mornings the items were replenished regularly. The "grab and go" area was separate, outside the actual buffet area.

I was charged the upcharge for full buffet both mornings. The additional $10 does not include tax or tip, so the actual amount charged was $10.88 and with a 15-20% tip it is roughly $13 each morning. I still consider the breakfast at the Parc 55 to be inferior to the spread at the Urban Tavern at the Hilton Union Square, and the Hilton $9.99 upcharge includes tax and tip.

Internet access was via a code (not requiring sign-in) and speeds varied. On night 1 around 7:00 PM -- a Monday -- speedtest was indicating 3.5 down and 12 up, whereas on Wednesday at 11:00 PM, it was down to 1.2 down and 0.5 up and dropping out quite frequently, as in the SSID disappearing.

Overall a good stay. I prefer the location of Parc 55 over the Hilton, since it's right across the street from the Powell BART. The Hilton has a better breakfast that's a few bucks cheaper. Nothing compelling for me to choose one versus the other.
Very helpful post. I have an upcoming stay at the Hilton Union Square, and it seems to be quite hit or miss there. I am curious what I will receive as a Diamond.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:51 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by view
Is Gold breakfast only option Grab and go with fruit, bun and juice? No continental buffet and no up charge to full buffet, i.e. full buffet is $30++...
I don't know what the gold upgrade options are now at Parc 55. There were no signs up like at the Hilton and my voucher said "Diamond" on it.

When I stayed at Parc 55 my one (and only) time as a gold back in May or June of last year, the voucher was treated as $10 off the price of the buffet. So I ended up paying something like $23 for the full breakfast as a gold. Since the Hilton Union Square still let golds upgrade to the full buffet for $10 back then, I did 8 or 9 stays at the Hilton (with some Marriott mixed in) and had not been back to the Parc 55 until trying it again just now.

To "view" regarding the race to the bottom for Hiltons in SF - yep, couldn't agree more. I stay a lot in downtown SF and was *this* close to focusing on Marriott this year when the hot breakfast option was removed for golds at Hilton Union Square. I've stayed at the Marquis, JW, and Marriott Union Square within the last 3 months, all of which have lounges serving a basic hot breakfast for their elites as well as other typical lounge goodies. I ultimately made it to HH diamond and decided to stick it out with Hilton for now.

To Miami305, I posted some details in the thread for the Hilton Union Square including the details of their new breakfast policy and the higher floor upgrade I ended up getting. Good luck with your stay!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Just completed a two-day weekend stay.

1) No room service. Wow.

2) $10 upcharge for Diamonds for the hot portion of the breakfast buffet (as mentioned upthread)

3) Parc 55 means: Park? $55.

4) Not a great selection of TV channels

5) Water bottles not replenished

Just a meh experience. HGI treats me better. Won't be back.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
With a choice of Parc 55 or Marriott Marquis, which would you choose if room quality (including upgrade chances) were the criteria (not breakfast or location and assume rates are similar)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:28 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Both my recent upgrades at the Parc came as a diamond and were to higher floors. My one stay at the Marquis last year (as a MR gold) had an upgrade to a corner room which was a bit larger. To me neither had a particularly memorable room quality (good or bad). Marquis has a (crowded) lounge with a very basic breakfast while Parc a more comprehensive breakfast albeit with the $10 upcharge, but you stated you don't care about breakfast. My favorite property thus far has been the JW up the hill a few blocks because of its lounge, but tied for second place I don't have a strong preference for the Parc, Union Square Hilton, or Marquis.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by beachfan
With a choice of Parc 55 or Marriott Marquis, which would you choose if room quality (including upgrade chances) were the criteria (not breakfast or location and assume rates are similar)
My (limited) experience is that as a Platinum at the Marriott Marquis I've done much better on upgrades than as a Diamond at the Parc 55.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Never been to SF. Union Sq, Financial District, and Park 55 are all 50k points, so no difference in cost.

Would anyone recommend one over another for a first timer?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Never been to SF. Union Sq, Financial District, and Park 55 are all 50k points, so no difference in cost.

Would anyone recommend one over another for a first timer?
Park 55. If you are a first time visitor you'll probably be relying on Muni/Bart a lot and Financial district isn't as convenient as Union Sq/Park 55. Even though Union Square is only a couple blocks away the Parc 55 is a safer area, union square Hilton can get sketchy after dark if you go the wrong way. Parc 55 is also across the street from the Westfield mall and next to Market Street.

Parc 55 has nicer rooms IMO and if you go up the escalator at the Powell Muni/Bart station you literally cross the street and you are there. A lot more generous with upgrades as well.

I'm in SF tomorrow night to Sunday at the Union Square Hilton and just received the welcome email. They are getting really stingy with benefits. In the benefits it said I was eligible to a space available upgrade to a premium room (no mention of suite). Breakfast used to be two vouchers good for either the Starbucks (I think it's another coffee shop now) or contential breakfast at Urban with a $10 upgrade option to the full buffet (which a lot of servers would waive). The email states it's either cont. breakfast at Urban OR a $10 a day food credit.

I've gotten Jr. Suite upgrades at Parc with no problem if they are available and always been upgraded to at least a nicer room. Breakfast is good and they almost always tell you to help yourself to the full buffet and if they don't the continental still has a lot of options.

Unfortunately Parc 55 is a lot more than Union Square or I'd be staying there this weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Park 55. If you are a first time visitor you'll probably be relying on Muni/Bart a lot and Financial district isn't as convenient as Union Sq/Park 55. Even though Union Square is only a couple blocks away the Parc 55 is a safer area, union square Hilton can get sketchy after dark if you go the wrong way. Parc 55 is also across the street from the Westfield mall and next to Market Street.

Parc 55 has nicer rooms IMO and if you go up the escalator at the Powell Muni/Bart station you literally cross the street and you are there. A lot more generous with upgrades as well.

I'm in SF tomorrow night to Sunday at the Union Square Hilton and just received the welcome email. They are getting really stingy with benefits. In the benefits it said I was eligible to a space available upgrade to a premium room (no mention of suite). Breakfast used to be two vouchers good for either the Starbucks (I think it's another coffee shop now) or contential breakfast at Urban with a $10 upgrade option to the full buffet (which a lot of servers would waive). The email states it's either cont. breakfast at Urban OR a $10 a day food credit.

I've gotten Jr. Suite upgrades at Parc with no problem if they are available and always been upgraded to at least a nicer room. Breakfast is good and they almost always tell you to help yourself to the full buffet and if they don't the continental still has a lot of options.

Unfortunately Parc 55 is a lot more than Union Square or I'd be staying there this weekend.
Thanks for that. I'll go ahead and book that one. Can always change if something else crops up. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.