Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Hmm, just (successfully) changed my password a couple minutes ago. Not expecting points but not a big deal.

I am surprised that a company of Hilton's size needs to be told this, but they should really start testing new features to ensure that the functionality is actually there and working BEFORE they have the brand rep announce them to the public.
Yes, I just changed my password as well a few minutes ago since I had read about this last night and took a free moment to take care of that. The new password seems to work fine, I guess its just the 1,000 points I won't get unless I do it again?

I also got an email indicating my password has changed

Dear HHonors Customer,

This message is sent to you to confirm that you have successfully updated your Hilton HHonors Password listed on your account profile.

Best regards,

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hhonors.com

™ indicates a trademark of Hilton Worldwide.

©2015 Hilton Worldwide
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Just curious: did you log out & then log in again using the new password to make sure?
Yes.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
+ 1

Originally Posted by Oldogface
Your changes have been saved.

Your password was not changed
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi everyone - Just a quick update: this change has not taken effect yet due to a technical issue on our end, so please hold on changing your password for right now. We apologize for the confusion; we posted this update yesterday because we wanted you all to be the first to know about this change and the Bonus Points! Please stay tuned here as I will post updates as soon as I have them. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks for letting us know. Please update when we can make the changes.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:39 am

Hi everyone - Just a quick update: this change has not taken effect yet due to a technical issue on our end, so please hold on changing your password for right now. We apologize for the confusion; we posted this update yesterday because we wanted you all to be the first to know about this change and the Bonus Points! Please stay tuned here as I will post updates as soon as I have them. Thanks for your understanding.
Erin, the interface needs a lot of work. Case in point:
I tried setting a username & password, but my chosen username was already taken. I decided not to bother with a username, and so entered a new password only, leaving the username field blank. The system then confirmed that my changes had been saved.

Except they hadn't. I logged out & tried several times to log back in with my new PW, only to be told it wasn't recognized.

After logging in w/my PIN, I selected a new (different) username, as well as a password. This did work, as confirmed via logout/login.
It's fine if you want to force people to choose a username. What's not fine is a user interface that doesn't communicate that with an error message, and instead falsely reports that other changes have been saved. This really needs to be fixed.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
So we need to change it again - strewth!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:16 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Just to reiterate, we encourage you to hold on changing your password until we have more information to share. As we are experiencing technical issues, you will not receive Bonus Points by changing your password at this time and you will still be required to change your password at a later date, when we have updates to share.

Again, apologies for this confusion and thanks for your feedback as we work through this new change – I am sharing your experiences with my team in real time!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hi all,

Just to reiterate, we encourage you to hold on changing your password until we have more information to share. As we are experiencing technical issues, you will not receive Bonus Points by changing your password at this time and you will still be required to change your password at a later date, when we have updates to share.

Again, apologies for this confusion and thanks for your feedback as we work through this new change – I am sharing your experiences with my team in real time!

Cheers,
Erin
guess I lost out on 1k bonus points, at least I have a password now instead of pin. this sad diamond also did not get 100k or any 2x3x this month.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by particlemn
guess I lost out on 1k bonus points
Or do the points get you instead? Nobody knows...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:50 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Hi all,

Cheers,
Erin

Might want to update the OP to let everyone know that!!

I didn't see this post until after I'd created a new username/password so I suppose I'll be missing out on the points, too.

*sigh*
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:42 am

As we are experiencing technical issues, you will not receive Bonus Points by changing your password at this time and you will still be required to change your password at a later date, when we have updates to share.
Erin, I know you're just the messenger, but that is a completely pathetic response. Let's think it through:
  • Even if Hilton's system is having problems now, you know when people set up (or changed) their passwords & could easily go back later & credit the bonus.
  • If, because of Hilton's own fumbling ineptitude, people who promptly set up/changed their PWs starting today as urged by Hilton do not get the bonus, what lesson are you teaching us all? Answer: basically, to ignore any similar future requests from Hilton. Do you really want to undermine whatever credibility/goodwill you have with customers who are, by definition, not only paying attention to your directives but actively trying to follow them?

The utter folly involved is mind-boggling.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL

I didn't see this post until after I'd created a new username/password so I suppose I'll be missing out on the points, too.

*sigh*
Same here.

So very frustrating.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL

*sigh*
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Same here.

So very frustrating.
Ditto, and I would add disappointing to go along with your frustration.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hi all,

Cheers,
Erin
So what about the hundreds who have already done this and been promised 1,000 points by hilton?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
When is 2/19 not 2/19? When it is Hilton ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.