Hilton Honors Promotions Updates

Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:17 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Geez, I've looked through the T&C of HHonors and can't find where I'm entitled to have promotions for every stay.

THanks to the HHonors rep for the information update.
Look again its easy to find. Its under the how do we not loose business to SPG, Hyatt, Marriott and IHG programs that are having promotions during the month of February.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i've been targeted in the past... every time i place a "do not disturb" sign on my door and have a flight at 1 PM, housekeeping usually targets me for the 9 AM knock on the door promotion. apparently, there are very few qualifying criteria for that one... they let virtually anybody in that promo bucket.

i'm actually willing to reseve judgment until i see what sort of offers these are and whether i'm "targeted" or how easy it is to get myself invited to a promo i wasn't originally included in. and i do appreciate hilton's willingness to respond to some of our concerns in this forum.

but i agree with many others that the gap with no promo is an open invitation to book elsewhere. i have twelve nights coming up in the next two weeks and it makes no sense to keep my hilton bookings.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UK Stages
i've been targeted in the past... every time i place a "do not disturb" sign on my door and have a flight at 1 PM, housekeeping usually targets me for the 9 AM knock on the door promotion. apparently, there are very few qualifying criteria for that one... they let virtually anybody in that promo bucket.

i'm actually willing to reseve judgment until i see what sort of offers these are and whether i'm "targeted" or how easy it is to get myself invited to a promo i wasn't originally included in. and i do appreciate hilton's willingness to respond to some of our concerns in this forum.

but i agree with many others that the gap with no promo is an open invitation to book elsewhere. i have twelve nights coming up in the next two weeks and it makes no sense to keep my hilton bookings.
Perfect. I am targeted when the Do Not Disturb sign is on the door. This becomes the designated spot for the Housekeeping staff to park their cart and loudly discuss their weekend or shout back at each for supplies. Part of time housekeeping will knock anyway or call "in case I left the sign on my accident.'

Ten years a diamond and never a targeted offer
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I'm a Diamond member and a HHonors member for 21 years. I have NEVER received any emails from Hilton except reservation confirmations. So this means that I will have NO PROMOTIONS in the future. I guess that my reletionship with Hilton is coming to an end!!!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
A few years ago I had a duplicate account... no idea why. It was never used however I would constantly receive emails from Hilton for everything.

For. this. account.

Eventually said account was closed.

The account I use has never received any correspondence save reservation booking/cancellations.

Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:20 am

I'll reserve judgement on the targeted offers until I see them although if they are anything like IHGs which are based on 'Your stay history' it will be interesting to say the least.

Echoing other peoples thoughts I have a question for Erin:-

'Is business that good at Hilton in February you don't need to incentivise or encourage people to stay?'
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MP 1K, Marriott Platinum
Hilton HHonors Promotions Updates

I'm tempted to switch to Marriott.. Current Diamond member. At least 4 stays (probably 6) in February, gold with Marriott, collected a ton of Marriott points that through the recent Ritz Carlton credit card sign-up offer.... And been "targeted" with a megabonus.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Come on guys...my targeted offers look really tempting!

Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I don't know what's more annoying, having no targeted promos, or under the section "just for you" having credit card offers that I cannot apply for as I don't live in the USA! If only......
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Having never received even a single notification of a promo in email, I'm guessing this means no targeting promos for me.

Having to rely on FT, blogs, or the website to find out about the promotions was annoying, but at least it worked.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Erin, can you at least tell us how long the twice-yearly promotions will last, even if you can't tell us what they are?

I've got a lot of nights booked for February and May, and I know I'm missing any February promotion. But if the new one starts March 1 and lasts for two months, I'll miss May, also. But if it's longer I might be ok.

Please help, need to be able to adjust my future reservations.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 am

Hopefully the forthcoming offers will be more "targeted" than my current ones:

-Bed and breakfast - No thanks; already get free breakfast as Diamond.
-Family fun - No kids here.
-Chicago Chillcation - Already have several trips to Chicago this winter.
-2x points rate - Umm, no.
-Hilton AMEX card - Already have.
-"Go Out Package" (LGBT focus) - Wrong demographic.
-Military rate - Civilian.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Got to echo many of the posts - I am Diamond, never get anything in email besides res confirms, and going to be a targeted post....lots of other rooms out there. I also usually have to search FT Hilton page and sign up for the what ever current promo is. IHG has done a much better job letting me know about promo's and ways to earn points. They have gotten some Hilton business so far this year.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
When a "Loyalty Program" picks ‘winners’ or those targeted for its special offers, they create "losers." I really don't like to be a "loser" and am dumbfounded why a "Loyalty Program" would risk creating a current of animosity and divisiveness when they have gone to such lengths to build their program. HHonors Rep, I would think if you review most postings on the subject, the feedback is negative yet the marketing geniuses continue to target. I wonder if they have calculated that while these targeted offers bring in new business do they measure the lost business such as mine having switched the majority of my nights to Marriott.

Hilton Targeted promos that I "lost": "Get a jumpstart on your 2016 elite status" and the "Multi-Brand Stay Challenge" Promotion. The multi-brand stay challenge was great for my HHonors Silver co-worker when we traveled extensively together as was targeted for this and I was not. During our Hilton stays he earned 100,000 bonus points that I did not.

While I have re-qualified for HHonors Diamond, I made the switch and am now Marriott Platinum. Currently, I have 2 promotions offers that run at the same time. The "type" of offer is targeted but a phone call to Marriott Rewards Customer Service and they graciously amend the offer to the one you feel benefits your travel plans. No hassle, not excluded, I win!

My current promos: Marriott Rewards Promotion Central
YOU’RE REGISTERED New rewards await your next stay.
1) MegaBonus® Earn up to 25,000 points
2) Marriott Rewards® Welcome Back - Earn up to 2 free nights when you stay at any of 3,800+ participating Marriott properties worldwide.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:46 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Erin, can you at least tell us how long the twice-yearly promotions will last, even if you can't tell us what they are?

I've got a lot of nights booked for February and May, and I know I'm missing any February promotion. But if the new one starts March 1 and lasts for two months, I'll miss May, also. But if it's longer I might be ok.

Please help, need to be able to adjust my future reservations.
Hi Eujeanie,

The next promotion begins March 1, 2015 and will run through May 31, 2015.

This is all the info I have at this time. As I receive more updates, I will share them here!

Cheers,
Erin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.