Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I Transfer An Award Reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to make an award reservation for a ski week and I found availability, but it's nonrefundable. I'm probably going to be able to go, but if for some reason I can't, I have buddies who would all take it. I know I can use my points to book an award for another person, but how about transferring an award reservation that I've already booked but that is not cancellable? Can I just change the name and have my brother in law or one of his friends check in and give their credit card, etc.?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, you cant transfer the reservation. You should make the reservation in the name of your buddy.

If the reservation is in your name but you can't make it, you should call the hotel in advance and ask them to add a second name to the reservation (name of your buddy); you may add that Mr X will check-in separately/before you. Then your buddy should be able to check-in (and obviously you have been delayed/will not make it if your buddy is asked at check-in). Most likely your buddy will receive HH D benefits (although some hotels will not provide HH benefits before the HH member show up at the hotel)

Your buddy will be asked to provide a credit card at check-in.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a bit of a hassle. It's much more likely that I'll be using the room than having to get someone to do it, so it would make more sense to put it in my name. But I think it's too much trouble. There's a starwood that does not require nocancel that I'll use, I just would have preferred to use Hilton points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.