Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 HH Diamond Suite Upgrade FAILURE Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond

Yet another fail - Conrad BKK. Booked a standard king room and got the "meh-upgrade" to an executive room. As a HHD that is pretty useless. The only nice thing was that we are on the top floor.

Hilton is working hard to get rid of me as a customer...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:44 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by agehall
Yet another fail - Conrad BKK. Booked a standard king room and got the "meh-upgrade" to an executive room. As a HHD that is pretty useless. The only nice thing was that we are on the top floor.

Hilton is working hard to get rid of me as a customer...
I've stayed around 10 times in the Conrad BKK and found this property to be the most rewarding in terms of multiple upgrades from bog standard rooms to the terrace suites etc.

The only time I didn't get an upgrade was just last week between Christmas and the New Year when all rooms had sold out. Can't blame the for not upgrading me in these circumstances!

On a different note: Millennium BKK was also fully booked at the end of last year but I had booked a suite anyway. On checking in they apologised for not upgrading me and offered me a free 1 hour thai massage instead, which I happily accepted.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Skimanant
I agree bbriscoe, it is too opaque. It would be nice to see on arrival diamonds are upgraded to best available room/ suite, rather than may/ could. Apparently diamonds are about 2.5% of total members.
This statistic is misleading. Although Diamonds are a small percentage of total members, they typically travel every week so the percentage of Diamonds that are in a hotel in a given week is a lot higher then 2.5%. I've been at Hilton business hotels where most of the guests have been Diamond or Gold.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by bldr1k
This statistic is misleading. Although Diamonds are a small percentage of total members, they typically travel every week so the percentage of Diamonds that are in a hotel in a given week is a lot higher then 2.5%. I've been at Hilton business hotels where most of the guests have been Diamond or Gold.
"Diamond or Gold" is one enormous difference with "Diamond".
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DUS
I've stayed around 10 times in the Conrad BKK and found this property to be the most rewarding in terms of multiple upgrades from bog standard rooms to the terrace suites etc.

The only time I didn't get an upgrade was just last week between Christmas and the New Year when all rooms had sold out. Can't blame the for not upgrading me in these circumstances!
5h before checkin they were selling all kinds of suites (for the full duration of my stay), so they should have had rooms available to upgrade me into but chose not to.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Soustduinen upgrade from King to King golf course view. No suites available day of arrival, they went from inventory a few days before. This was a 2 cat upgrade and I was quite happy with it, good hotel and Staff.
Hilton London Hyde Park no upgrade. Booked/ got king deluxe with view, suite 1 cat upgrade. This went from inventory day before arrival. Mixed stay.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:45 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by agehall
I've gotten one suite upgrade in about 100 stays as Diamond.
If that's the case then I'd say: jump ship!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
5 night stay at Hilton Vienna over Christmas. Suites available until 2 days prior to check in. Not only was I not upgraded to a suite, they downgraded us from a king bed standard room to a twin bed exec room, while pretending that pushing 2 beds together was the same as a king.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DUS
If that's the case then I'd say: jump ship!
Jump to where? I'm top level at Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott and the experience is the same at all of them. The Hotels don't care about loyalty right now - their occupancy rates are very high and they are trying to squeeze every penny from every traveler. The fact that I stayed 100 nights a year at Hilton from 2008-2010 when their hotels were empty doesn't matter much.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Jump to where? I'm top level at Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott and the experience is the same at all of them. The Hotels don't care about loyalty right now - their occupancy rates are very high and they are trying to squeeze every penny from every traveler. The fact that I stayed 100 nights a year at Hilton from 2008-2010 when their hotels were empty doesn't matter much.
Exactly what happend to me in the last four years.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately that is the most important element of the current state of not just hotel stays, but also air travel (and its even worse there because now it is pretty much a genuine oligarchy domestically). The economy will eventually cycle south and then the ball will be back in the court of those of us who travel. In the meantime, its sadly more of a "coping" strategy, figure out what works best for you and what you prefer and try to reward those properties that treat you better with business. What is not helpful are the rants about taking your ball and moving it elsewhere because the grass is not greener, its just a different type of grass.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by PHLisa
5 night stay at Hilton Vienna over Christmas. Suites available until 2 days prior to check in. Not only was I not upgraded to a suite, they downgraded us from a king bed standard room to a twin bed exec room, while pretending that pushing 2 beds together was the same as a king.
In many European hotels twin beds pushed together is the only way you will get a king sized bed. Not unusual at all.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove. Queen to Queen deluxe. Asked about suite which was available and receptionist checked but answer was no. I'm not gold, so probably not entitled to it. Stay was good overall as always.

Last edited by Skimanant; Jan 13, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Hilton doesn't offer suites as a benefit anyway! Don't know why people feel entitled to it.

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove. Queen to Queen deluxe. Asked about suite which was available and receptionist checked but answer was no. I'm not gold, so probably not entitled to it. Stay was good overall as always.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Hilton doesn't offer suites as a benefit anyway! Don't know why people feel entitled to it.
Suites are list as one of the types of space of available upgrade in the terms and conditions for WA, Conrad, Hilton, and DoubleTree for Diamonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.