Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The website gives 0203 667 5600

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The website gives 0203 667 5600

Regards

TBS
Thank you, I only use the app, so I'll have to remember this in future.

thanks
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Thank you, I only use the app, so I'll have to remember this in future.

thanks
The details are in the app as well. You can click on the telephone icon under the hotel name on an existing booking, or you can find a hotel number on a property page if you do a search for a new booking.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Does anyone have a direct telephone number and/or email for this hotel?

TIA for any help!
I also have the email of the guest relations manager who I have spoken to a fair few times. Not sure I should share on a public forum though so will send a private message.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:06 am

[email protected]
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Something must have happened, as this is not the normal experience.
Yep, they closed the bar earlier and refused to serve residents drinks. The duty manager was super rude to guests. Considering the hype on this place, thought it was much worse than other Hiltons in London. Anyway, since then the GM has been in touch and sorted everything, so I will give it another go.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for clarifying that. And I suspect we all recognise that what makes a good hotel is the ability to rapidly and generously fix mistakes. I'm not as much a fan boy of this place as some in this forum, it's a bit out of the way to justify some of their room rates and they are a bit stingy on how they place corporate discounts in respect of inflexible rates. But still it is to my mind one of Hilton's top 5 hotels in London, and quite often top dog.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks for clarifying that. And I suspect we all recognise that what makes a good hotel is the ability to rapidly and generously fix mistakes. I'm not as much a fan boy of this place as some in this forum, it's a bit out of the way to justify some of their room rates and they are a bit stingy on how they place corporate discounts in respect of inflexible rates. But still it is to my mind one of Hilton's top 5 hotels in London, and quite often top dog.
Totally agree on that point CWS, and to be clear the management have gone above and beyond to put this right, to their massive credit.

In terms of location, there's actually some very good bars and restaurants nearby.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
For a tourist orientated quick 3 night trip over the Christmas period, would this property at GBP324 be a better play than the Doubletree Tower Bridge at GBP289?

Bearing in mind its a first time trip to London for OH, so we would likely be spending a lot of time outside the hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
For a tourist orientated quick 3 night trip over the Christmas period, would this property at GBP324 be a better play than the Doubletree Tower Bridge at GBP289?

Bearing in mind its a first time trip to London for OH, so we would likely be spending a lot of time outside the hotel.
There's a Hilton Tower Bridge and a DT Tower of London, I assume you mean the latter.

I would say that is a fair differential. That DT is fine, and is well located for central London generally, being a very short stroll from Tower Hill tube, but it's not as good as Bankside as a hotel in terms of facilities, room size and staffing ratio. But still that's quite a high rate, I hope you can find a lower figure somehow or other. The DT is by the City of London and this can be read two ways: the financial side of the City will be dead over Christmas, it may be very quiet and unChristmas like. There again the little streets of the City are wonderful to explore with many old buildings tucked away. Bankside may actually be a bit more lively, with the South Bank of the Thames not so far away. If you are going to be out of your room a lot then I'd be tempted to look a bit more central. Maybe the Waldorf? It's probably more Chistrmassy.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
For a tourist orientated quick 3 night trip over the Christmas period, would this property at GBP324 be a better play than the Doubletree Tower Bridge of London at GBP289?

You are indeed correct, it is the DT Tower of London.

We're partial to a good rooftop bar, which is why its on my radar.

In terms of rates they're GBP96/night & GBP108/night respectively - that seems more than fair for London? (I was quoting total over 3 nights).

I have stayed in the Tower Bridge Hilton with a previous OH and whilst I did like that property (and its proximity to Hays Galleria, I do love the Horniman Pub there!), perhaps might be best to do a new one this time around.

I'll be doing my best to sneak off to Arsenal v Wolves one of those nights, so being north of the Thames may help matters there .
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

Thanks for that clarification. I also thought initially the gbp 300 rates were per night but 96/108 is very good imho
In addition to the waldorf , perhaps consider the Trafalgar curio collection by trafalgar square.

the biltmore lxr might be nice but might be a bit more expensive and if you are going to be out and about most of the time ut might not be worth the extra cost for the biltmore.

Regards
Tbs
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:27 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The Canopy London City will be open by then, may be worth a look too, as it'll be a new hotel?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:41 am

You are indeed correct, it is the DT Tower of London.

We're partial to a good rooftop bar, which is why its on my radar.

In terms of rates they're GBP96/night & GBP108/night respectively - that seems more than fair for London? (I was quoting total over 3 nights).

I have stayed in the Tower Bridge Hilton with a previous OH and whilst I did like that property (and its proximity to Hays Galleria, I do love the Horniman Pub there!), perhaps might be best to do a new one this time around.

I'll be doing my best to sneak off to Arsenal v Wolves one of those nights, so being north of the Thames may help matters there .
If you have any Emirates miles keep an eye out for corporate hospitality tickets for the match.
pazza2000 and ChurnieEls like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
If you have any Emirates miles keep an eye out for corporate hospitality tickets for the match.
Was previously good value via Skywards however the pricing for this has now rocketed, up to 400% increase in just a few years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.