Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:44 am

How does the exec lounge offering compare to the Conrad St. J’s?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pazza2000
How does the exec lounge offering compare to the Conrad St. J’s?
hi.

Personally. now that it has reopened it is .much better than conrad ie

Bankside had fruit , crisps and fruit juices in the afternoon as well as coffee and soft drinks.
the conrad had soft drinks and tea and coffee. Pre packed pack of 3 small biscuits appeared during my 2nd stay in mid july

In the evening
A number of salads and hot and cold buffet items as well as usually 2 types of desert cakes served in cubes.

Compared to conrad's 3 small canapes, a small meat plate and a small cheese plate
conrad might have a slightly better alcohol selection but the prosecco in both hotels was good.

Not sure if the conrad has improved since lockdown lifted on 19th july but iirc recent posts suggests no change since my stay.

I still felt hungry after the conrad snacks ( you could get more crisps but there are only so much you can eat) so glad a Tesco sandwich or sushi later ie had soup and dessert from the blue boar pub.
I felt full after Bankside.

Regards

Tbs
oxfordjames, pazza2000 and wizla like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 5, 2021 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi.

Bankside had fruit , crisps and fruit juices in the afternoon as well as coffee and soft drinks.
the conrad had soft drinks and tea and coffee. Pre packed pack of 3 small biscuits appeared during my 2nd stay in mid july

In the evening
A number of salads and hot and cold buffet items as well as usually 2 types of desert cakes served in cubes.

Compared to conrad's 3 small canapes, a small meat plate and a small cheese plate
conrad might have a slightly better alcohol selection but the prosecco in both hotels was good.

Not sure if the conrad has improved since lockdown lifted on 19th july but iirc recent posts suggests no change since my stay.

I still felt hungry after the conrad snacks ( you could get more crisps but there are only so much you can eat) so glad a Tesco sandwich or sushi later ie had soup and dessert from the blue boar pub.

Regards

Tbs
Great comparison, will give Bankside a visit next time
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.

Yep the Bankside is a very good hilton. Only drawback imho is the location being slightly further away from a tube station and being south of the river depending on your travel needs.

Regards

Tbs
TTL and wizla like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:29 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
OT: Miss London very much after 12 years of monthly work travel! Although (as my agency moved) Amsterdam is not much worse but still under restrictions, so video conferences it will be and indefinitely. Nice to read these reviews!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Hi.

Yep the Bankside is a very good hilton. Only drawback imho is the location being slightly further away from a tube station and being south of the river depending on your travel needs.

Regards

Tbs
Definitely considering this location for a few days upon our next visit to London. Thanks for providing such good insights to the quality of offerings they provide, both in rooms and the "soft product". My wife and I like to walk, so having a tube station somewhat further away is not a concern (unless if its raining of course ). And personally I prefer the south side for basic wandering in neighborhoods and local restaurants etc.
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
hi.

In the evening

Regards

Tbs
Thanks for posting the pics of the inside of Bankside. Very nice coverage. In March 2019, Conrad had a great spread of afternoon tea items everyday. I still remember all the desserts. It's sad they have cut down so much compared to this property. The EL here looks really nice too!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any good BMG for here?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Any good BMG for here?
What do you mean?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
What do you mean?
Yeah I was thinking that?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:46 pm

What do you mean?
Be My Guest Certificate. It’s given for service recovery at hotels for a free night. Some hotels see them and go above and beyond to impress the client to make up for whatever happened before.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRG* whoops
Old Aug 8, 2021, 12:43 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by residentx
Be My Guest Certificate. It’s given for service recovery at hotels for a free night. Some hotels see them and go above and beyond to impress the client to make up for whatever happened before.
Oh ok…..yup, gotcha.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Does anyone have a direct telephone number and/or email for this hotel?

TIA for any help!
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

The website gives 0203 667 5600

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.