Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Old May 12, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I emailed Bankside to ask what would be open next week, and it sounds highly unlikely that the lounge will be open, but I don't think that is a final decision.

They also said that the replacement offering was still being decided, but if this review from last year is anything to go by I guess it will be a bento box and drinks in the bar.

The good news however, is that the bar, restaurant, pool and gym will all be open (the latter two to be booked in 45 minute sessions once you arrive at the hotel).
Old May 13, 2021, 3:58 am

Would be good to hear what the replacement offering will look like, and not just for this property! Last year I found it varied widely between LON properties. Some offered a better alternative in lieu of their club lounge, others offered nothing.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Staying at the Hilton Bankside for two nights at the moment whilst in London on business. Hopefully not jinxing myself, but one night in, really enjoying my stay. Great location, and handy for work (just over the river by Holborn Viaduct - so a nice easy walk over the bridge). Was lucky enough to get a Diamond Upgrade to a Junior Suite (from a Standard King).

Can confirm that the lounge is still closed - drinks voucher / bento box still in play.

Breakfast is still self serve, with small plates of pastries etc all ready prepared. Hot food is served for you - you can either head up to ask for what you want, or one of the staff will head up for you.

Rooms have mini-bars again, with daily housekeeping if you want. Gym / Swimming pool still requires booking if you want to take advantage.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:28 am

Maybe it's just me, but I found the service here to be very hit and miss, there didn't seem to be a set standard!

This was my first visit to this hotel (and first visit to any Hilton since attaining Diamond last December).

I stayed for 5 nights last week and got a 1 category upgrade to deluxe (which I have basically received at all Hiltons when I was gold), all categories were wide open when I looked 2 minutes before checking in, but when I enquired I was simply told "we're busy" in a rather brash tone.
Check in wasn't great, the person who checked me in couldn't have been more disinterested if they had tried, gave me very little info about what was what these days, but did send me on my way with drinks vouchers.
A supervisor was on the front desk the next morning who very kindly gave me a welcome letter and explained how everything was working right now, though she did ask me to sign the check in form (seems the person the previous night didn't even bother to mark down that I'd done that!). She arranged for housekeeping on the days that I wanted it, and said she had arranged for the mini bar to be restocked too.

All going ok until my minibar wasn't stocked up on the last day, but when I enquired at the front desk it was quickly arranged, and she came to find me in the bar to say it had been done, but said it had to be requested everyday (contrary to what I was told earlier in the week).

The weekends are where it would be good to see the lounge re-opened (flexible furlough should allow this!), as the bar on Friday night was exceptionally busy and restricted to residents only. Breakfast on Saturday morning felt uncomfortably busy, it would have been nice to have the haven of calm of the lounge in those instances.

A final inconsistency was come Friday people were being given a glass of Prosecco when checking in, there was no effort to match this earlier in the week (given the mini bars a Piccolo of Prosecco could have been provided).

I should stress the bar and restaurant staff provided excellent service throughout, I can't fault them and said as much on my survey.

A late checkout of 14:00 was given without hesitation when requested the previous day. I was checked out by a manager and they provided me with their card and insisted I email before going back and they will ensure I'm looked after, likewise I got similar after completing the survey.

I'm hoping this was a one off, and I will try to return in the future when there is some more normality.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:32 am

Yikes. If they're not even giving you an exec room, that may make me rethink staying.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Yikes. If they're not even giving you an exec room, that may make me rethink staying.
That was my expectation at the very least, but it wasn't to be - a little disappointing for my first ever stay as Diamond.
If it helps vouchers were still given out in lieu of the lounge, 2 drinks (wine, Cava, select spirits and soft drinks) and a bento box available in the bar between 17:00 and 21:00.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
That was my expectation at the very least, but it wasn't to be - a little disappointing for my first ever stay as Diamond.
If it helps vouchers were still given out in lieu of the lounge, 2 drinks (wine, Cava, select spirits and soft drinks) and a bento box available in the bar between 17:00 and 21:00.
Thanks for the update. The bar looks like it has some nice craft cocktails. Did you partake and are they good?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:53 am

Thanks for the update. The bar looks like it has some nice craft cocktails. Did you partake and are they good?
Cocktails weren't available with the vouchers, so most nights I just had Cava, however on Friday I splashed out and had an Aperol Spritz, that was very good.
I believe a friend partook in one of the other cocktails earlier in the week and declared it very good too.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Does anyone have an email address for anyone senior here?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Cocktails weren't available with the vouchers, so most nights I just had Cava, however on Friday I splashed out and had an Aperol Spritz, that was very good.
I believe a friend partook in one of the other cocktails earlier in the week and declared it very good too.
Yeah, I know vouchers never cover the good stuff haha.... but if they make a "perfect" G&T, as they claim, for 9 quid, I'd be impressed. Sounds like a worthwhile bar. For that area, it needs to be at a high level. Cheers!
Old May 26, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
I wouldn't focus too much on getting an exec room as a make-or-break issue. There's not much between the rooms here - they are all very well kitted out.
The main difference I find between them is the extent of the complimentary minibar - but that seems to be irrelevant at present.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Back here again for another two nights. Nice upgrade from a King to a One Bedroom Suite on the 7th floor.

Hotel is definitely getting busier compared to the last few weeks - noticeable at breakfast, along with getting the lifts in the morning.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Staying here for 3 nights next week. Looks like the lounge is still closed?

I managed to get a deluxe room for around £120 a night which seemed very low for here. Looking forward to it!
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Staying here for 3 nights next week. Looks like the lounge is still closed?

I managed to get a deluxe room for around £120 a night which seemed very low for here. Looking forward to it!
Yep, lounge still closed but they will give you a bento box in the bar and 2x drinks vouchers ( per person) to use in the bar .
I had a friend stay a couple of days back , he also claimes they didn’t charge him for a few extra drinks too but maybe he got lucky?….. make sure you take swimwear, pool here is nice!

Oh and make sure you try the honey nut granola at breakfast…… best granola ave ever tasted!

Last edited by wizla; Jun 19, 2021 at 5:13 am Reason: Additional information added.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Yep, lounge still closed but they will give you a bento box in the bar and 2x drinks vouchers ( per person) to use in the bar .
I had a friend stay a couple of days back , he also claims they didn’t charge him for a few extra drinks too but maybe he got lucky?….. make sure you take swimwear, pool here is nice!

Oh and make sure you try the honey nut granola at breakfast…… best granola ave ever tasted!
Just stayed here again with my 2 year old son this time - so a bit different to my normal business trip! Worth mentioning that if you do take your swimming stuff, you will need to book a 45min pool slot (something the Hotel has been running through Covid). On busy days these slots can disappear quickly as the whole point is to limit capacity. All of the toilets/ changing facilities on the leisure floor (Basement Level 2) are closed. This hasn't been a problem when I've stayed on my own for work, but was fun with a two year old who usually gives you max 2 mins warning that he needs the toilet. No way we're getting dry enough to get in a lift, wait for the lift, take the lift up to our floor run along the corridor and into our room before he needs to go! Don't worry - he didn't go in the pool but it clearly hasn't been thought through by management.

Anyway other points to note - only an upgrade to Deluxe from King this time (there seems to be no pattern at this hotel - I was upgraded all the way to a One-Bed Suite when Gold once, and have had varying luck as Diamond). Still love the quality of this hotel, whichever room I get. Also, spoke to one of the managers about the Exec Lounge who said they had already done the staff hiring/training and rotas for an anticipated reopening of the Lounge yesterday - i.e. in line with England's planned re-opening but had since decided to go back on this and move any new staff to the restaurant/bar for the time being. Vouchers provided for me and my son but the issue is most of the stuff in the Bento box I wouldn't pick if choosing in the lounge so really only the drinks are relevant to me and it's not quite the same experience. Breakfast was great as always.
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.