Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Now in lounge , it’s gain very quiet, perhaps 7 people in here, feels kinda flat but food looks nice....

CANAPÉS - beef skewers and peppercorn sauce, fish tempura, potato dauphinois.......fair cheeseboard, crackers, smoked salmon and crudités.

BEER - perroni

SPIRITS- gin, vodka, jack Daniels, j Walker red label

WINE - red , white and prosseco.

Will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Now in lounge , it’s gain very quiet, perhaps 7 people in here, feels kinda flat but food looks nice....

CANAPÉS - beef skewers and peppercorn sauce, fish tempura, potato dauphinois.......fair cheeseboard, crackers, smoked salmon and crudités.

BEER - perroni

SPIRITS- gin, vodka, jack Daniels, j Walker red label

WINE - red , white and prosseco.

Will report back!
Food still seems to be of high standard, glad to hear it. What brand of gin do they have now?
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Looking forward to a picture of your granola tomorrow wizla! Not sure I can compete at the Ageas but hoping you’ll take up the challenge? Enjoy.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Food still seems to be of high standard, glad to hear it. What brand of gin do they have now?
I think it was Gordon’S or beefeater.......one of the two.

An okay evening, a few more folk arrived but it was still quiet, went to tibits restaurant around the corner ( highly recommended! ) ......now back and about to retire, on returning nobody in bar or lobby except staff.
In the morning gym then swim before breakfast and yes Botb I’m very looking forward to some granola with yogurt and almond milk........of course will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
... I’m very looking forward to some granola with yogurt and almond milk........of course will report back!
The apple/pear/prune compote fruit they have in the cooler is an epic pairing with their granola and yogurt ... go on, you deserve it!
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
The apple/pear/prune compote fruit they have in the cooler is an epic pairing with their granola and yogurt ... go on, you deserve it!
I will try it on your recommendation!......sounds great.

Slept well bed very comfy, this morning gym then the epic Bankside breakfast, did pop to lounge to get a take away coffee , cardboard cups available, lounge quiet......will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:08 pm

Gym deserted, poolside deserted too, gotta mention the fluffy towels here .....nice.

BREAKFAST - apologies for no pictures, I needed to charge my phone for the journey to Kent then home.......... shown to a window seat in a mainly deserted restaurant, just two other diners.
Starting with some grapefruit segments and then onto the epic granola, I was going to go with DCF recommendation but couldn’t resist the strawberry yogurt and almond milk concoction......absolutely delicious!.
I also had an omelette from the egg chef, this was cooked to perfection and great too.
Finishing with a cappuccino in the Executive lounge, again we were the only ones present and made jokes with the staff.
We checked out at 11am, no queues , swiftly done and concierge hails us a cab ( left car at tower bridge car park ) .

CONCLUSION- a perfect stay, no issues at all, service was impeccable , they even sent up two extra robes when they noticed ours got wet in the spa on the floor.
It’s very clear that London is extremely quiet at the moment due to the corona virus threat, it’s quite surreal....... I’ve never seen a hotel so quiet, yes it was blissful in one way but I found myself missing the buzz of a London Hilton.
I forgot to mention the potato Dalhousie I reported on in the lounge last night turned out to be bread and butter pudding, yep I ate beef skewers with bread and butter pudding in a peppercorn sauce, ha, I still ate it.
Shame there is no sauna by the pool but still a perfect stay and will happily return and recommend.

ROOM NO - 415

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree majestic Harrogate ( 9 / 4 / 20 )
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I just completed a 7 night stay. I checked out as wizla was checking in - departed hotel at 10am.
Everyone I interacted with on staff at the hotel was amazing. Very very good service.

I had room 458, it didn't have a tub or a sofa, but a large walk in shower and a good chair and ottoman, desk, etc. Everything spotless.

Enjoyed breakfasts, including the granola, in OXBO. Had time for a few teas and one nighttime visit to the EL. Also did a few Gin drinks on my first night in the bar.

Would absolutely go back again, and recommend this place as a unique, boutique-esqe Hilton.
NoY and wizla like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 4:20 am

Excellent stay - New covid measures

Booked a Junior Suite on points, got pre upgraded to a King Deluxe Suite on morning of arrival.

First time back since Covid-19 and there are a few changes which I shall list below:

Automatic antibacterial dispensers throughout hotel, including entrance, restaurants and lifts. Sticker on doors to indicate they’ve been thoroughly cleaned, at least I think that’s what they’re for.

Temperature check upon checking in. Glass of Prosecco provided as welcome amenity.

All visitors, including non staying guests, must register at reception to assist with the track and trace system.

Swimming pool is open 7am - 7pm and is limited to two in-house guests at a time for sessions of 45 minutes. Slots need to be booked at the reception.

OXBO restaurant is open only for breakfast, between 6.30am - 11am. Good variety of breakfast buffet options as usual, chef also makes fantastic omelettes.

Executive Lounge is temporarily closed. However, Distillery Bar is open from 11am - 11pm, serving both lunch and dinner. Diamond guests and those with executive rooms get a voucher per room per night to be redeemed at the bar. Two vouchers if the room is booked for two. Each voucher can be redeemed against 2 drinks including house spirits. Canapé boxes are also provided. Vouchers are renewed each day. The bar is also participating in the government ‘Eat out Help out’ scheme on Mondays to Wednesdays. It’s 50% off (up to £10 per person) on all foods and non alcoholic drink.

Extended stay for an additional night. Booked entry level room on HHonours rate but staff were most accommodating and allowed me to remain in Exec Suite.

Bankside is now my favourite Hilton in London. It’s clean, got diamond recognition, good amenities, good food, and helpful staff. What more could you ask for?

Last edited by Leonvomp; Aug 12, 2020 at 6:47 am
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Somebody posted a pic on Twitter of the Bento box as he called it which was given as a replacement for lounge.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 15, 2020, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Leonvomp
OXBO restaurant is open only for breakfast, between 6.30am - 11am. Good variety of breakfast buffet options as usual, chef also makes fantastic omelettes.
Curious for more details on how the breakfast buffet operated at the moment?

Bankside is now my favourite Hilton in London. It’s clean, got diamond recognition, good amenities, good food, and helpful staff. What more could you ask for?
I've been lucky to stay at Bankside once before (pre COVID-19) and was very impressed. I have a provisional booking for September and seeing your post has confirmed that I made the right pick for my first trip back down. Prices are very good at the moment too and glad to see they are on top of their game.

Executive Lounge is temporarily closed. However, Distillery Bar is open from 11am - 11pm, serving both lunch and dinner. Diamond guests and those with executive rooms get a voucher per room per night to be redeemed at the bar.
I haven't used the executive lounge in the evening at this Hilton (I gather it's quite nice) but on balance at the moment I would be happy with the voucher.
Do wonder if they have a criteria on opening the lounge or is it not considered "COVID SECURE"?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by chrish2
Curious for more details on how the breakfast buffet operated at the moment?
As you enter the OXBO you line up (distance stickers on the floor), there are antibacterial dispensers just before you are seated.

The buffet itself was the usual continental style. Almost everything was individually portioned and wrapped, e.g the smoked salmon, fruit bowls, cold cuts etc, all portioned onto individual plates and sealed in food wrap. Pastries were also portioned into separate bowls. There were various types of milk, all were individual bottles, no big open jugs of anything. Juices were contained in closed dispensers. Don’t recall seeing food tongs or any form of shared buffet utensils for anything. You take as many prepared portions of whatever you want straight to your table, so no poking, touching or contaminating anyone else’s food. This worked really well and meant no long lines formed.

All hot items, such as bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms are all behind the chefs counter. The eggs are made to order. No self serving of the hot items. The chef will put whatever you want on to a plate for you.

...Prices are very good at the moment too and glad to see they are on top of their game.
Yes, I’ve seen as low as £99 so far.

...Do wonder if they have a criteria on opening the lounge or is it not considered "COVID SECURE"?
Unfortunately, I didn’t enquire about this. Lounges seem to be closed across the board (somebody correct me if I’m wrong). Could be to cut costs. I’d imagine they could reopen it if they follow the same format they have in the restaurant.

Last edited by Leonvomp; Aug 16, 2020 at 4:13 am
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I stayed here last week as well! My first London hotel stay since Covid. Paid £99 for the Basic room and upgraded to exec room. They apologized that a suite wasn’t available because several floors are closed. Complementary In-room minibar as usual, generous variety of non-alcoholic drinks and some chips. Great shower.

The really sweet thing was the pool. Only 2 ppl allowed at once and (as above) a slot had to be reserved. I reserved 10am and was the only guest in the pool or gym for 45 minutes! Amazing experience.

The best part about the breakfast was the hot items. The food is fresh and the chef makes eggs to order and plates everything up. The breakfast at this hotel is normally one of the best and the huge range of pastries, bread, yoghurts, cheese, etc is replaced by a smaller pre-portioned range. However it would be hard to find fault in the social distancing and Covid protection in the restaurant.

I asked about the bento box and was told it was £15. Three choices including vegetarian pasta and duck noodles.

Obviously the EL is closed and afternoon tea and evening cocktails not available. But I felt that given the substantial price discount on a regular rate here it was a good deal overall.

The occupancy felt VERY low so not holding my breath that the superb diamond package at Bankside will return soon. This is a great hotel under normal conditions for diamonds.

I’ve got 2 more stays coming up and will post updates.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
I stayed here last week as well! My first London hotel stay since Covid. Paid £99 for the Basic room and upgraded to exec room. They apologized that a suite wasn’t available because several floors are closed. Complementary In-room minibar as usual, generous variety of non-alcoholic drinks and some chips. Great shower.

The really sweet thing was the pool. Only 2 ppl allowed at once and (as above) a slot had to be reserved. I reserved 10am and was the only guest in the pool or gym for 45 minutes! Amazing experience.

The best part about the breakfast was the hot items. The food is fresh and the chef makes eggs to order and plates everything up. The breakfast at this hotel is normally one of the best and the huge range of pastries, bread, yoghurts, cheese, etc is replaced by a smaller pre-portioned range. However it would be hard to find fault in the social distancing and Covid protection in the restaurant.

I asked about the bento box and was told it was £15. Three choices including vegetarian pasta and duck noodles.

Obviously the EL is closed and afternoon tea and evening cocktails not available. But I felt that given the substantial price discount on a regular rate here it was a good deal overall.

The occupancy felt VERY low so not holding my breath that the superb diamond package at Bankside will return soon. This is a great hotel under normal conditions for diamonds.

I’ve got 2 more stays coming up and will post updates.
Can relate, I stayed just before lockdown and my friend and I had the pool all to ourselves as occupancy’ was very low too ........ probably the most relaxing time I’ve ever spent there.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Was able to snag a best rate claim here for September, ~880 GBP all in for 9 nights. Hoping I'm able to visit UK by then. Also have a 4 night stay in June at ~420 GBP, not super confident that'll end up happening but I'm trying to be optimistic. Never stayed here before, normally a Marriott guy, but it looks solid. Thanks to all that have posted feedback here which put the property on my radar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.