Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
So is he second ‘meeting’ room still configured as such, or are those booking this receiving essentially an interconnecting family room?
Configured with a table in it!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by residentx
Configured with a table in it!
I see! I wonder if there is much demand for that, now, and if a future booking for as such could see something else in the connecting room, ie. a twin deluxe!?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Stayed here again a few times. Another terrible experience this time.

No Honors benefits provided (no room upgrades despite loads showing on the app), Exec lounge access didn't work), miscommunication from staff on food service times in the restaurant and room service which meant no evening meal for me, refused to let Uber eats deliver to the hotel, staff shut down the bar early and said they'd run out of beer then served stuff up once a group walked in, that noisy group shouting and swearing in the lobby bar late evening (staff doing nothing), spoke to two managers who didn't do anything about any of this, emailed general managers and concierge (no reply, apology, or service recovery). They also told a stranded customer there were no rooms available when plenty were for sale online.

I really want to like this hotel but it's massively overrated, the service is shoddy and management disinterested.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:37 am

Completely different recent experience to the previous post.
Hilton Gold status recognised at check in and upgraded from standard to deluxe twin. Offered glass of Prosecco during check in as well.
Also had perk of added to exec lounge access as staff knew we were celebrating an anniversary.
So booked a basic room and effectively ended up with upgrade, plus exec lounge plus free drink plus free breakfast due to status.
Excellent stay. Fantastically efficient maid service and breakfast as good as ever.
Staff helpful and courteous.
I have stayed here many times and to me it feels that the hotel is as good as ever.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by DorsetFlyer
Completely different recent experience to the previous post.
Hilton Gold status recognised at check in and upgraded from standard to deluxe twin. Offered glass of Prosecco during check in as well.
Also had perk of added to exec lounge access as staff knew we were celebrating an anniversary.
So booked a basic room and effectively ended up with upgrade, plus exec lounge plus free drink plus free breakfast due to status.
Excellent stay. Fantastically efficient maid service and breakfast as good as ever.
Staff helpful and courteous.
I have stayed here many times and to me it feels that the hotel is as good as ever.
In my view, as a Diamond member and weekly guest of Hilton in London, this is the worst Hilton in town. They could not give a sh*t.

Sorry to be so blunt, the management are awful and liars. You couldn’t pay me to stay here.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Find this to be one of the best Hilton's in London. Always upgraded due to Diamond status (usually base to Junior Suite; this includes a complimentary mini bar), they have a very decent lounge in comparison to most UK Hilton's, breakfast I find is very good. Swimming Pool and Gym are decent and I don't have any trouble with sound or anything.

Only things that I haven't had is an in room amenity but as I usually get the Junior Suite with mini bar I don't think that is outrageous. As for the staff I would conceded that maybe they're not the most friendly, but I always find them efficient and professional. That said, I have never needed management.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Vgravity
In my view, as a Diamond member and weekly guest of Hilton in London, this is the worst Hilton in town. They could not give a sh*t.

Sorry to be so blunt, the management are awful and liars. You couldn’t pay me to stay here.
Very odd, I am the same as you - Diamond and regular visitor. At the moment they are fully booked (or £500+) on Thursdays so I am in the DT Tower Hill and can’t wait to get back.

Always upgraded, always welcomed amazingly well, always a good spread in the lounge/breakfast. Room has a generous shower, two sets of shower gel etc, amazingly good bed with great linen. I’ve spoken to GM but never needed him.

Last edited by residentx; Oct 4, 2021 at 2:38 am
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:21 am

Some mixed experiences above! I suspect it’s fully booked this weekend for the Marathon.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Some mixed experiences above! I suspect it’s fully booked this weekend for the Marathon.
Hi

Yup, sold out ( lots of hiltons sold out for tonight) but some still available

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Vgravity
Stayed here again a few times. Another terrible experience this time.

No Honors benefits provided (no room upgrades despite loads showing on the app), Exec lounge access didn't work), miscommunication from staff on food service times in the restaurant and room service which meant no evening meal for me, refused to let Uber eats deliver to the hotel, staff shut down the bar early and said they'd run out of beer then served stuff up once a group walked in, that noisy group shouting and swearing in the lobby bar late evening (staff doing nothing), spoke to two managers who didn't do anything about any of this, emailed general managers and concierge (no reply, apology, or service recovery). They also told a stranded customer there were no rooms available when plenty were for sale online.

I really want to like this hotel but it's massively overrated, the service is shoddy and management disinterested.
I just checked out today and I am undecided.

Don’t get me wrong, the staff we encountered were really good, however, we were a little early for check in yesterday, so we just dropped off our bags and returned later. No status benefits at all and saw others being offered Prosecco during check in, but nothing was given to us, although not a big issue.

I like the location and the decor of the hotel is pleasing to the eye.

I booked a not so cheap exec-room with lounge access. Lounge staff were great and the food and drink on offer was reasonable, which is more than can be said for the couple who thought it would be acceptable for everyone in the lounge to listen to their conversation with their pals on loud speaker.
Also, the woman who thought it was fine to sit in the lounge this morning wearing her dressing gown should have been dressed appropriately. I have seen lounge staff in Asia remove people for the same issue.
The jury is out as far as I am concerned, but I think the price point would need to be right before staying here again.
hugolover, wizla and S_W_S like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by passy777
I just checked out today and I am undecided.

Don’t get me wrong, the staff we encountered were really good, however, we were a little early for check in yesterday, so we just dropped off our bags and returned later. No status benefits at all and saw others being offered Prosecco during check in, but nothing was given to us, although not a big issue.

I like the location and the decor of the hotel is pleasing to the eye.

I booked a not so cheap exec-room with lounge access. Lounge staff were great and the food and drink on offer was reasonable, which is more than can be said for the couple who thought it would be acceptable for everyone in the lounge to listen to their conversation with their pals on loud speaker.
Also, the woman who thought it was fine to sit in the lounge this morning wearing her dressing gown should have been dressed appropriately. I have seen lounge staff in Asia remove people for the same issue.
The jury is out as far as I am concerned, but I think the price point would need to be right before staying here again.
I don’t think that’s an unusual experience.

I watched the Prosecco and it’s pretty inconsistent who gets offered it.
hugolover and passy777 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you say they refused Uber eats, was that for the person to come inside? Because if you go out to meet them, they can't stop you?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Well I’ve booked a stay here for next month to see for myself……. Obviously I will do the live reports.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
I’ll be here in 8 days time, quite looking forward to it. The only thing that’s dissapointing is that diamonds can’t have breakfast in Oxbo anymore. Will try to copy Wizla’s style of reporting 😂
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’ll be here in 8 days time, quite looking forward to it. The only thing that’s dissapointing is that diamonds can’t have breakfast in Oxbo anymore. Will try to copy Wizla’s style of reporting 😂
hi.

Of course I think from sn earlier post you can get items from oxbo whilst hsving breakfast in the lounge.
looking forward to a report in due course

Regards
tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.