Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Park City - The Yarrow {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Park City - The Yarrow {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Park City - The Yarrow {US-UT}

Coming soon for yet another choice for skiers coming to Park City, UT. The Yarrow is a hotel that has been around for decades in Park City. It is now being renovated to become a DoubleTree. It gives Hilton 4 hotels in the Park City area - The Waldorf, Sunrise (Hilton Vacation), Hampton Inn, and the DoubleTree. It is renovating now, so it isn't open for reservations right now. Keep checking. It's a good location, right on the bus line, corner of Kearns and Park Avenues IN Park City, not out in the county like the rest of them. You'll be able to get anywhere in town quickly using the PC Transit system and keep your car parked.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Has anyone stayed here since the renovations and re-branding?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
This hotel is just a simple Doubeltree but service is very bad. They have no idea about Elite status and I got the worst room as Diamond member, room 235. Looking every day to construction, see my link foto's.
I did a checkin with the Hilton App and there was no upgrade, just a downgrade to room 235. Frontoffice was not interested, only in their smartphones where they were looking at during checkin.
Rooms are just rennovated, but dont expect Hhonors service. Breakfast is included for Gold and Diamond, but again no service.
If you want a holiday with service at this nice area (Park City) I would stay somewhere else.
Management waived my room rate after complaining.
Fitnessroom was nice, new and big.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Aug 3, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
Has anyone stayed here since the renovations and re-branding?

Yes, does anyone have any recent stay reports since the renovations and the re-branding. Have a trip planned for this property in Dec and was wondering what I should expect being a diamond member.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I was there in late August. For the price, it was preferable to SLC Airport DT just because I was able to stay in Park City vs at the Airport. The front desk girl was very nice, even a little flirty. I was upgraded to a room with a kitchenette which opened out to the pool area. The room was nice enough although the AC wasn't ice cold so I left to door open for a couple hours to chill the room at night.

The breakfast was good although the restaurant was empty and they didn't start serving until 7, which would have made me late to an SLC meeting the first day, so I was only able to eat BF 1 morning out of two. Service was average.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Hi folks- I'm a frequent user of the SWA RR forum but now that I'm on the cusp of Diamond I'm trolling the Hilton forum. Didn't really try for it but now I feel compelled to go for it. Anyway-

I stayed at the Yarrow for work back in late January and it was mid-transition to Hilton. The block of rooms we were in were literally the first wave of renovation with construction all around us while we where there. We were the first guests in the "new" rooms. I've stayed there each year the last 3 years previously so I know what rooms were like before.

Prior to this it was an incredibly dated tired hotel surviving on probably the gravy train of Sundance to not sweat upgrades. Now the updated rooms we had post reno felt... Ikea-ish with a moderate attempt to get modern. New tile and fixtures, etc. A LOT better than it was but certainly not a higher end experience. With the shuffle of snow gear and people in/out the rooms probably can't be super high end. No change in the food service with the attached "restaurant" that is public facing. Better but nothing screams out stay there unless it's convenient.

I was looking forward to it changing to Hilton so I could rack up points for my annual work trip there but the rates skyrocketed about 50%. Guess that modernization money has to come from somewhere. This coming January I'm staying at a rental up the street and getting a 2 bedroom condo for half what the Yarrow/DT wants. Booked it like a regular hotel not some Air BnB thing. Sad thing is if the rates change I'd go back due to Yarrow/DT location.

Sorry Yarrow, I was a repeat customer and you drove me to find something else.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I have several colleagues staying here right now and they all moved out mid-week and didn't even complete their stay.

The hotel lobby is nice. Everything gives it a posh and luxury feel in the lobby.

However, the outside is very outdated and the property is in need of maintenance. The wood is rotting and paint is peeling on the exterior. The hotel rooms are very dated. One colleague had a broken toilet and another had a bug in her bed (not sure if it was bed bugs).

Based on what others have said, I will be avoiding this place for now.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Mini Trip Report-

Stayed 2/28-3/4
Room 141
Status-Gold
Axon award- 4 nights- 160,000pts

The recent renovation is apparent; but you can tell it is an old property.

Pros:
Clean. Comfortable. As a ski hotel its great-bus right out the front door and runs every 20 min. Grocery store next door. Abundant parking-free. 5 min drive to main street. ski valet keeps the rooms from getting damp.

Con:
I would not pay a premium compared to other properties. I redeemed points and free is hard to beat. I would put it on par with some of the older Holiday Inn's I have stayed in- you know-the ones with a pool at the center of the property. Due to age of property the bathrooms are tiny. Breakfast was typical buffet- did the job but again id take my $16 each elsewhere (free because I'm gold).

Take away:
Its a well used hotel. I would return at sub $200 rates. I would consider it good value for points given the increase needed for the WA. Would probably consider the Hampton next time as it looks brand new and is not too far out of town.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any recent non winter TR?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
any update? On tripadvisor, still sounds like a hole......
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:16 am

Man I've gotta say this place is a ....hole.
Bathroom is TINY, and the wall next to the shower was rotting from microbial growth and had a hole. I kid you not.
Hallways dark and dingy.
The breakfast buffet spread is so limited, it's an embarrassment.
On the plus side, the lobby area with the fireplace is nice, and there's almost always standard award available.
Free shuttle to the mountain base is also nice, although you may need to wait up to 30min esp when getting picked up at the end of the day.
There's also the free public bus, but for me it's farther than I like to walk to from the hotel in ski boots.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I called and they said they are offering a free full breakfast, but what about the resort fee?
Interestingly enough, if you book points and money at 45K there is no resort fee. Drop it down to 44K and it becomes $26. Are they waiving on full points or is it a glitch?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I called and they said they are offering a free full breakfast, but what about the resort fee?
Interestingly enough, if you book points and money at 45K there is no resort fee. Drop it down to 44K and it becomes $26. Are they waiving on full points or is it a glitch?

Hi,

I think resort fees are waived on full point stays but as soon as you use points and cash a resort fee is applied to the cash element and think it is policy at all Hilton's charging resort fees.

Regards

Tbs
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think resort fees are waived on full point stays but as soon as you use points and cash a resort fee is applied to the cash element and think it is policy at all Hilton's charging resort fees.

Regards

Tbs
Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2021, 10:50 pm

Programs: All of em...
Anyone stayed here recently? Is it really a crap hole or just not as nice as you’d expect for what they charge? It has an outdoor heated pool and hot tub that look nice, breakfast included (Diamond), and is super close to the resort, downtown and bus stop…

Cash rates were $800/nt in January for a weekend so I gladly redeemed points for a standard room rate (60k/nt). Heck the Park City HOSTEL was $300/nt! This is a resort property so any hotel charges for meals, etc. count for Aspire $250 resort credit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.