Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion cut off date?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Promotion cut off date?

I am thinking of booking a night on 31 Oct, Check Out 1 Nov.

What promotion am I eligible for?

The terms confuse ,e

The offer (“Triple Your Trip”) is valid for eligible stays completed between August 1 and October 31, 2014 ("Promotion Period") at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton Portfolio (click here for hotels who have chosen to not participate). Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/Triple prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For the Triple Your Trip promotion, the Bonus Points you earn per night are calculated based on the average nightly folio of your total stay (average nightly folio is calculated by taking the total net folio of your stay divided by the total number of nights of the stay). Triple Your Trip Double Points are awarded for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in your stay. Triple Your Trip Triple Points are awarded for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in your stay. For a detailed explanation of how points are issued for Triple Your Trip, please see Frequently Asked Questions. “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. “Triple Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to double the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined
There is a conflict there. But would a "night" be completed within the promotion period if I check in on 31 October - technically the "night" is completed at midnight?

TIA
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
If you check-in on October 31 your stay will be completed on November 1 when you check out.

Also from the FAQ's for the promotion:
If I check-in before August 1, 2014 or check-out after October 31, 2014, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered HHonors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
If you check-in on October 31 your stay will be completed on November 1 when you check out.

Also from the FAQ's for the promotion:
So in that case would I be eligible for the new promo (i.e. the "choose your reward" promo?)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flieduk
So in that case would I be eligible for the new promo (i.e. the "choose your reward" promo?)
Yes, presuming the new promo starts on November 1.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, LT Marriott Plat
Shouldnt they announce the new promo soon?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
They probably still need to decide which promotion "won" the vote.

While I voted, the results screen showed one promotion leading before the vote, and on the "thank you for voting" screen, the other promotion was leading. :-/
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:59 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by destg
Shouldnt they announce the new promo soon?
Originally Posted by Frequie
They probably still need to decide which promotion "won" the vote.

While I voted, the results screen showed one promotion leading before the vote, and on the "thank you for voting" screen, the other promotion was leading. :-/
Hi there,

All details can be found here! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thanks for letting us knw!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.