Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
Well, it looks like Hilton's found an even more secure method than captcha... they've removed all login links from their site entirely. Let us all congratulate them on fixing the problem!!

http://screencast.com/t/21xnINrQTZ
http://screencast.com/t/6aOpi9Ec6hZ

Update: If you run into this problem, try clearing your cookies. That fixed it for me.
Thanks! Clearing the cookies fixed it for me.^
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
Same problem on my desktop. Can also open an incognito window.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Does this mean I have to delete all of my saved user names and passwords from showing up on Firefox? That's such a pain. I have over three years worth of data on my browser.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
You don't have to delete all cookies, I just cleared my Hilton-related ones... at least in Firefox. Not sure if Chrome, IE, Safari, etc. have an equivalent option.

Firefox - Goto Tools > Options > Privacy, and select "remove individual cookies." On the next window, just search for hilton.com and delete everything that comes up. http://screencast.com/t/7BVEz1Zl

I guess I'm "glad" I wasn't the only one with this problem.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Amazing how we continually have to do Hiltons work.

After 10 days of phone calls (from Thailand) , unable to use my account, 258,000 points stolen etc etc etc , they had the audacity to send me an email that made it sound like they are the ones who discovered the hacking and the theft .

And for my trouble they were generously giving me 15,000 points ( practically worthless)

The whole company sucks. Marriott here I come!!!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
You don't have to delete all cookies, I just cleared my Hilton-related ones... at least in Firefox. Not sure if Chrome, IE, Safari, etc. have an equivalent option.

Firefox - Goto Tools > Options > Privacy, and select "remove individual cookies." On the next window, just search for hilton.com and delete everything that comes up. http://screencast.com/t/7BVEz1Zl

Thanks for the advice. It worked. I even deleted the cookies from Perez Hilton!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:18 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
... I even deleted the cookies from Perez Hilton!
But you kept the ones from Paris Hilton, right?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:38 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by davie355
Same problem on my desktop. Can also open an incognito window.

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this to us! My team is working to resolve this now, and I will post any updates I'm provided here.

Thanks again,
Erin
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
The CAPTCHA is making this impossible to track on AwardWallet Anyway around this?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by markcwj
The CAPTCHA is making this impossible to track on AwardWallet Anyway around this?
Firefox: install the browser add-in from AwardWallet. (Or log in to hilton.com first, I think the cookie existing is enough.)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam

I started getting tilted words instead of numbers on Friday; net result is three IHG properties this week.

There is only so much I will suffer through.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by underpressure
I started getting tilted words instead of numbers on Friday; net result is three IHG properties this week.

There is only so much I will suffer through.
Using Windows 7, I only get one number. Using iOS, I get one clear and one very unclear tilted word
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:42 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Using Windows 7, I only get one number. Using iOS, I get one clear and one very unclear tilted word
Good for you!
Did you make reservations for five nights of hotels this week? I did, at IHG.
I don't really give a rat's butt that I can delete cookies and shake my head to the right four times and that works with you.
I manage my retirement account on three different platforms without this stupid capcha crap and Hilton will DRIVE ME AWAY if this continues.
I should add that I was one of the people who's accounts was compromised, it was by a HILTON EMPLOYEE and captcha would have done NOTHING to stop that.

I do not get ANY captcha crap on my iPhone; guess what, as a customer, I choose to make MY RESERVATIONS on my laptop. That is MY choice and I am the CUSTOMER and I PAY THE BILLS!

I just get sick and tired of these folks saying "what's the big deal?" The big deal is it is a PITA and I will NOT TOLERATE it for more than a few more days.

This has to be FIXED and it has to be FIXED NOW!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by underpressure
Good for you!
Did you make reservations for five nights of hotels this week? I did, at IHG.
Did you send a copy of the reservations to Hilton Corporate by snailmail?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I'm now seeing a two word captcha on my Windows 8.1 desktop. One of the words is generally so distorted that I can't read it (I guess that this is the idea!). But, it means that I have to cycle through several different word combinations until I can see one that I can actually decipher. I agree with others; this is a real pain.

Why doesn't Hilton simply tighten up strong password requirements and get rid of the PIN login option which is much less secure?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.