Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
The following is important information for the promotion which was chosen for the fourth quarter of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program:
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

You beat us to the punch! Apologies for the delay, but we did still want to share details around the official end-of-year promotion.

More than 270,000 HHonors members voted and the community chose to earn Double Points beginning on their second stay within the promotion period. Additional details listed below.

Double Up Promotion:
In addition, Save the Children is the winning charitable organization and will receive a $200,000 donation from Hilton HHonors. Oxfam and Mercy Corps will each receive $50,000 donations.

Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and sharing feedback throughout this experience! I know many of you have shared questions on the promotion, and I want to assure you that I have collected these and am working to get answers to you ASAP!

As always, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.

Thanks!
Erin
A Reward Stay will count as the first stay to qualify for the Double Up promotion. Subsequent stays can also be a Reward Stay, and Double Points can be earned on eligible incidental folio charges (based on the property).
Print Wikipost

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
But we won't know what hotels are participating until Oct. 29?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Nor will we know exactly which promo they're going to go with until later.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH D
Edit: several people have mentioned that before and after their vote the 'live vote results' changed from "Double points" in the lead to "1000 miles" getting the most votes, even after a vote for Double Points. No official response by Hilton.

If the resultslink in the next post by TL is correct, the voting results are:

Double points: 294948
1000 miles: 257841

Save the Children: 69011
Oxfam: 18928
Mercy Corps: 13942

Last edited by Sisosig; Oct 22, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
https://hiltonhhonors.com/908_Vote/C...owresults=True

I suppose double points won?

And "save the children!".
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Hi Eujeanie,

Both stays count! This means your second stay with us during the period, not the second night of your first stay.
Erin, nothing personal (you seem like a nice person).

I have to echo in the strongest possible terms the sentiments of some of the earlier posts here - this offer is utter crap!

If I only have a single multi-week stay with Hilton during the promotion period does this mean the entire stay will not qualify for the promotion (whatever it is)? If this is the case you guys are doing a brilliant job of discouraging some of your potential high-spend customers.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

I have to echo in the strongest possible terms the sentiments of some of the earlier posts here - this offer is utter crap!

If I only have a single multi-week stay with Hilton during the promotion period does this mean the entire stay will not qualify for the promotion (whatever it is)? If this is the case you guys are doing a brilliant job of discouraging some of your potential high-spend customers.
I had a two week stay in Sorrento recently that did not count either due to opt-out. HH has long given up on loyalty, I suggest you follow suit.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:34 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi there,

I'm double checking with my team now. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:46 pm

I note that this "starting with your second stay" is a Marriott thing that I've encountered a number of times before, but it's not something that Hilton has previously done as far as I can remember.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:50 pm

Nothing matters until we see the opt-out list.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by zachary
I note that this "starting with your second stay" is a Marriott thing that I've encountered a number of times before, but it's not something that Hilton has previously done as far as I can remember.
This is something Marriott has done this year. Also if double points ended up winning, it is still signficantly better than the last Megabonus; which started on the second stay and was capped at 25,000 bonus points over a several month period. That is pretty weak in my opinion.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:19 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi Phil the Flyer,

I’ll be able to provide you with more information on your question when we announce the winning promotion next week!

Thanks again for your patience as I collect more info.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:28 am

Erin, will the full and complete opt-out list be announced at the same time so we can all decide on reservations?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Any updates on this? C'mon, we have rooms to book and trips to take...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Just got the email:

EARN DOUBLE POINTS STARTING ON YOUR SECOND STAY

We asked Hilton HHonors™ members to choose our year-end promotion, and the results are in. From November 1, 2014, through January 31, 2015, you can earn Double Points at participating hotels. Simply sign up for the Double Points promotion today. There’s no limit to the amount of Points you can earn.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
And here's the all-important non-participating hotels list: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.