Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
The following is important information for the promotion which was chosen for the fourth quarter of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program:
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

You beat us to the punch! Apologies for the delay, but we did still want to share details around the official end-of-year promotion.

More than 270,000 HHonors members voted and the community chose to earn Double Points beginning on their second stay within the promotion period. Additional details listed below.

Double Up Promotion:
In addition, Save the Children is the winning charitable organization and will receive a $200,000 donation from Hilton HHonors. Oxfam and Mercy Corps will each receive $50,000 donations.

Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and sharing feedback throughout this experience! I know many of you have shared questions on the promotion, and I want to assure you that I have collected these and am working to get answers to you ASAP!

As always, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.

Thanks!
Erin
A Reward Stay will count as the first stay to qualify for the Double Up promotion. Subsequent stays can also be a Reward Stay, and Double Points can be earned on eligible incidental folio charges (based on the property).
Print Wikipost

Vote for the Honors end-of-year promotion!

Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:59 pm

I would vote for the one that didn't let hotels opt out of the promotion.

Unfortunately, that's not one of the choices.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
It's a novel approach for generating a buzz about the the promotion, but the two options are a big YAWN. It's not a matter of which one is better, rather, which one is less weak.

Now if the Q3FN offer from a few years ago were in the mix, then you would have piqued my interest!!!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
This is no place for democracy.

a) Giving the vote to the hotels, on whether they participate, is bad news. In the current promotion, a third of the hotels voted with their feet.

b) Just as many of the FTers from this board have voted with their feet, after NOT being asked their opinion about the program devaluations of 2014.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Still awaiting the email to cast my vote.

Otherwise, is there somewhere on the HH website for me to log in to vote?

Edit: Never mind. I found it.

Last edited by RCTP; Sep 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RCTP
Still awaiting the email to cast my vote.

Otherwise, is there somewhere on the HH website for me to log in to vote?
Yes, it was in the first post.

. . .
[*]Vote at HHonors.com/Vote starting on September 29, 2014

. . .
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Well, in the spirit of voting, here's another poll I hope the ad wizards at Hilton will consider when reviewing their plans for future promos:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll146928x0342b1B7-6

Last edited by sjpmurph01; Sep 29, 2014 at 11:41 pm Reason: Refreshed the poll with different options. You're still free to enter your own 'other' response.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
My guesstimate is that I'd earn around 17K from the 1000 point promo and around 55K from double points. I voted for double points. The third option is that I earn nothing at all if my preferred hotels don't participate.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
As ALWAYS, I have NOT received any email. You have to resolve this problem soon!!!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: Meh
My vote is to stay elsewhere. Give them a vote on crap promo's - that will fool them....
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Need
Yeah but the 1k/night promotion may draw more hotels to participate next quarter... LOL. What good is double points if none of your hotels are participating?

yep, thats what I was thinking!!
PS>>normally I stay mon -thursday so the 1000 pts does little for me

Last edited by nlkm9; Sep 30, 2014 at 6:55 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
The two options for Q4 are not as good as the promos for the first three quarters. But if we choose it then we cannot complain about it.

You are evil geniuses!
Considering how poor the participation was last quarter maybe they toned it town to increase participation. I'd rather have a mediocre promotion that I can actually participate in than a great one that I can't use.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My vote is for one that doesn't allow properties to opt out

I am glad to see the Delta MQM promo is back for most of Q4
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will the 1K and or Double Points count as base or bonus points?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
I vote for IHG Into The Nights. See 'ya in '15, Hhonors!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:50 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by TomMM
Will the 1K and or Double Points count as base or bonus points?
Hi there,

Thanks for your question! Both options - Double HHonors Points and 1,000 Bonus Points - will count as bonus points.

Cheers,
Erin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.