Search

HH Gold VIP card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
HH Gold VIP card

I haven't been staying at Hilton properties for years, my q might be odd:

I just found an old "HH Gold VIP" card of mine. It is from year 2005 and it has exp date 2099. I don't know why the exp date is 2099, but I remember I got the card long ago as a cooperative gift being a high status elite in another program (don't remember which).

The question is if I could utilize the "old" card to get Gold bennies? The card has still the same membership number as my current account even if I have used my account veeery rarely and thus I am lowly no-level status. I am thinking of whether simply showing the card at check-in would work despite having no real status.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Log in to Hhonors and the status will be revealed. For that a pin or password of course is needed.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TTL
Log in to Hhonors and the status will be revealed. For that a pin or password of course is needed.
My status is plain BLUE. Somehow I have been able to keep it live (I don't know if they close accounts if not used). I even have some 4k points on it.

My question was only about if the y/2099-valid card is any use (I am not expecting that, but who knows).

I wonder if anyone else with similar experience? Sounds like a lifetime card I am not betting on it
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by FFlash
My status is plain BLUE. Somehow I have been able to keep it live (I don't know if they close accounts if not used). I even have some 4k points on it.

My question was only about if the y/2099-valid card is any use (I am not expecting that, but who knows).

I wonder if anyone else with similar experience? Sounds like a lifetime card I am not betting on it
This happened to many others at the time. It is not a lifetime status card but just an error by the fulfillment company that printed the cards. No one ever reported that their status was actually extended because of the error date on the card. See these threads(among others):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-120yrs.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...2k-glitch.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ship-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.