Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
New Virgin Bonus 9/1 thru 11/30

Just received a link to sign up
1st stay 1k bonus
2nd 2k
3rd 3k
4th 4k
5th 5k

Looks like to get the maximum you have to stay away from Hampton and Homewood; I would send a link but I'm challenged in that department - I'm sure a moderator will post one.

my next 5 stays are
Homewood
ES
HGI
DT
Hampton - so if I'm reading this right I would only get 11k bonus not 15k? I would have to change my 5th stay to a non Hampton/Homewood to get max 15k. Still not bad I think these convert to Honors 3:2 - min 10k.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

New Virgin Bonus 9/1 thru 11/30

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/processlanding/processlanding/?lp=fcstaymore

This was the link I received.

BJfly
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The "new" one-mile-per-dollar earning vs. 500 fixed miles made this a non-starter.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The "new" one-mile-per-dollar earning vs. 500 fixed miles made this a non-starter.
VS does promos pretty regularly that don't make this as much of a non-starter as you think (though worse than the days where VS was 1K VS per stay PLUS these bonuses, and 1 VS -> 2 HH), given that you can flip between points and cash and points and points, the promos are usually stackable with any regular HH promos, and 1 VS-> 1.5 HH. You can end up with a nice little pile of HH for fairly low return in hotel nights and spend (my HH stays are pretty often under $100 a night, so points and points are going to net me 500 extra HH instead of 1K VS that converts to 1.5K HH).

Between them and BA, there's often a decent double dip promo on (and Avios are very fungible into shorthaul tickets on AA/US)...
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I agree; if you have 5 $100 stays you would earn 15,500 Virgin miles which could become 23k Honors points; I think we would only earn 12,500 points on the option of points/points. You just have to remember to change back once the 5 stays are complete.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:26 pm

What happens if...?

The program terms state "...Allow up to six weeks after qualification, and after promotion has ended, for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles to be credited to your account."

So if I complete my 5 stays by the end of September, does it mean that I will have to wait until mid-January 2015 before I can switch my earning preferences, if I am to be sure of getting my bonus Virgin points?

If so, that would be pretty bad since it would mean that I would be missing out on earning extra Hilton points (by switching back to points + points) for all my future stays from October 2014 onwards.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TinDrum
The program terms state "...Allow up to six weeks after qualification, and after promotion has ended, for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles to be credited to your account."

So if I complete my 5 stays by the end of September, does it mean that I will have to wait until mid-January 2015 before I can switch my earning preferences, if I am to be sure of getting my bonus Virgin points?

If so, that would be pretty bad since it would mean that I would be missing out on earning extra Hilton points (by switching back to points + points) for all my future stays from October 2014 onwards.
You can switch your preference after check out on the last stay. (or wait a couple of days if you can) HHonors stays usually credit after 2/3 days and you will see on your HHonors statement that the miles have been sent to Virgin Atlantic...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
The creaky, old, glitchy Hilton website would not let me re-set my preferences to points and mile for this Virgin Atlantic promo. So, for those of you who want to take full advantage of this promo, be sure to check the "preference" tab on the website. Then go to "change earning style," and if you get the error message, you will need to call HHonors and have them set it for you. For good measure, the rep made a notation in my file of the telecon and sent me a Email confirmation of the the changes.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
The T&C state "qualified stay," but Hhonors promos pretty regularly work with reward stays. Anyone have insight as to whether these bonus miles will post for reward stays?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
The T&C state "qualified stay," but Hhonors promos pretty regularly work with reward stays. Anyone have insight as to whether these bonus miles will post for reward stays?
Not for me. My two paid stays worked fine, but the award booking between them did not post any bonus points as expected.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by TinDrum
The bonus miles seem to be posting fairly quickly, I've done four of the five nights and the 1000 bonus miles for the first night (for a stay last Tuesday) posted at VS at the weekend.

No sign of the second, third or fourth set of bonus miles yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.