Community
Wiki Posts
Search

non military friendly

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
NDDomer86, thanks for the clarification. That went right over my head. Can I take my post down?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:32 am

Well that got weird quick.

That said, if the hhonors brand reps here on FT were a little more proactive in scanning threads aside from their dedicated one, this might have actually gotten some traction in the way the OP desired, so his efforts wouldn't have been completely misguided.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:59 am

Perhaps it would be best to accept the rate that they *will* offer (there seems to be rooms available) and then appeal the price later?

Agreed that this situation seems strange, and definitely a strange way for a military (commander? Sargent? Someone in charge of other soldiers?) to book a month-long stay until October.

I'm not military, so maybe this is normal?

Dr. PITUK
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Perhaps it would be best to accept the rate that they *will* offer (there seems to be rooms available) and then appeal the price later?
When traveling for the military or federal government that is usually a very bad idea.

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Agreed that this situation seems strange, and definitely a strange way for a military (commander? Sargent? Someone in charge of other soldiers?) to book a month-long stay until October.

I'm not military, so maybe this is normal?
It's not uncommon at all. Government and military travelers often have a good deal of latitude in terms of making their own lodging arrangements so long as they stay under per diem.

For the OP, here's a Hilton site that can help you find HH hotels at government rates:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/portals/govt/index.html
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Another important fact to remember is that Government rates are not always the cheapest.

Quite often you can snag an 'Easy Cancellation' or if you are 100% confirmed going a Prepaid rate for less than any gov/corporate/promotional rate depending on a number of factors.

Always be open minded that non-gov rates might be lower cost or better suit your needs.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:41 am

Thanks - I learn new things every day on FT!

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.