Wiki Posts
Search

Request an Upgrade Button on App

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Request an Upgrade Button on App

Does anyone know how the "request an upgrade" button works on the app?

I had an upcoming reservation and clicked it a couple weeks in advance, nothing. Tried every couple days and leading up to the day before, nothing.

Has anyone had this feature actually work?

Do you think it's something for the heck of it you should click every day just in case (like it's based on availability and chance) or is it something that if you're denied once then that's it?

Curious if anyone had it rejected and had it work at a future date.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by StangGT909
Does anyone know how the "request an upgrade" button works on the app?

I had an upcoming reservation and clicked it a couple weeks in advance, nothing. Tried every couple days and leading up to the day before, nothing.

Has anyone had this feature actually work?

Do you think it's something for the heck of it you should click every day just in case (like it's based on availability and chance) or is it something that if you're denied once then that's it?

Curious if anyone had it rejected and had it work at a future date.
I've tried using it numerous times. Nothing ever happens.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I've never had it say anything other than "upgrades are not available at this time" or somesuch. I'd like to hear from a property manager or front desk/IT staffer (or the HH Rep from this board! how that inventory is loaded into the app, or if it just sends a request to the front desk, or what. It seems useless so far.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Right... there are dozens or hundreds of posts on this forum asking about how upgrades are given to golds/diamonds. It would really interesting to see if anyone has ever gotten the upgrade via button....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: HH D
Do you mean the new iPhone App > My Stays > Upcoming > Request Upgrade?
Works fine with me, upgrades are identical to the NOR-1 upgrades on the website and in the confirmation e-mail. Same rooms, same prices. I never use this button though.. I let the hotel decide and get great upgrades about 80% of my stays.

Or are you using another app?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Do you mean the new iPhone App > My Stays > Upcoming > Request Upgrade?
Works fine with me, upgrades are identical to the NOR-1 upgrades on the website and in the confirmation e-mail. Same rooms, same prices. I never use this button though.. I let the hotel decide and get great upgrades about 80% of my stays.

Or are you using another app?
Yes, that's the app.

I just tried it again. Randomly chose three reservations at three different properties and received the same error message each time.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
Yes, that's the app.

I just tried it again. Randomly chose three reservations at three different properties and received the same error message each time.
Exactly. It never works for me. I just rely on luck at the front desk, which I admit usually happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.