Arrow Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Posts older than 2020 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad London St James

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:11 pm
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:38 pm

We are planning on staying at the Conrad in May using points. We will be visiting all the main tourist spots and the location seems convenient. After reading some of the reviews I am wondering if it is the best choice. One of us has Diamond status if that makes any difference. All of the hotels are available except the Biltmore Mayfair. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited by jsmith3049; Jan 10, 2020 at 6:39 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by jsmith3049
We are planning on staying at the Conrad in May using points. We will be visiting all the main tourist spots and the location seems convenient. After reading some of the reviews I am wondering if it is the best choice. One of us has Diamond status if that makes any difference. All of the hotels are available except the Biltmore Mayfair. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
The Conrad is a great location, and there really isn't anything wrong with it.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Absolutely, I'm still a fan of the Conrad. Great choice.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I will be staying there on a solo trip for 5 days in mid-February (13th-18th). I will give you an updated review!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Just returned from a 3 night stay ..first time at this hotel many times other HH properties in London. Was a bit apprehensive given some of the he reviews. Was on points so didn't expect much. Room was small on the top floor..was it an upgrade? but nicely appointed and large bath with separate shower and tub. Turn down service and some nice candies at night. A bit surprised there was no managers note or welcome basket that we usually receive as diamond but not a showstopper.

Loved the location. Across from the tube, bus number 24 a block away on Victoria runs 24 hours past parliament Westminster Abbey Trafalgar square and into the heart of theatreland. A couple of tube stops from museums in South Kensington. Walked to Buckingham palace and Queens Gallery and up through st James park to shopping on jermyn and regent.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating from the moment we entered the hotel and had our bags in our hands immediately. It was a good first impression. We have walked into many hotels where there was no one at the door and ir no greeting. Breakfast in the restaurant was good with a nice selection including service.they do need to invest in a toaster that customers can use instead of having to bring toast to the table. Lounge was nice and I liked the individual serving of appetizers in three tiered tea trays to each table to help control movement and queues in the space.

Much preferred the location and service to the Hilton on park lane for instance.

And don't forget to ask for the English bulldog Conrad stuffed animals. They are adorable.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. I will report back after my stay in May.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
Wow! I didn't know I could ask for a bulldog despite a few stays there. Will definitely do next time, although I am worried it might attack one of the other Conrad bears on my windowsill ...
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Asked at the front desk, they were not in the room. not sure why, but asked at checkout and it was early morning, and they had them behind the desk.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Just returned from a 3 night stay ..first time at this hotel many times other HH properties in London. Was a bit apprehensive given some of the he reviews. Was on points so didn't expect much. Room was small on the top floor..was it an upgrade? but nicely appointed and large bath with separate shower and tub. Turn down service and some nice candies at night. A bit surprised there was no managers note or welcome basket that we usually receive as diamond but not a showstopper.

Loved the location. Across from the tube, bus number 24 a block away on Victoria runs 24 hours past parliament Westminster Abbey Trafalgar square and into the heart of theatreland. A couple of tube stops from museums in South Kensington. Walked to Buckingham palace and Queens Gallery and up through st James park to shopping on jermyn and regent.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating from the moment we entered the hotel and had our bags in our hands immediately. It was a good first impression. We have walked into many hotels where there was no one at the door and ir no greeting. Breakfast in the restaurant was good with a nice selection including service.they do need to invest in a toaster that customers can use instead of having to bring toast to the table. Lounge was nice and I liked the individual serving of appetizers in three tiered tea trays to each table to help control movement and queues in the space.

Much preferred the location and service to the Hilton on park lane for instance.

And don't forget to ask for the English bulldog Conrad stuffed animals. They are adorable.
Many thanks for this post. Makes me excited for my Feb stay.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
Are diamonds still allowed to have breakfast in the room (+10 service charge)? Any recent experiences?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:43 am

I saw that a few here disagree that the Conrad is the best Hilton in London, and that it's "only" very good in a good location.

What Hilton do you think is better, or how would you rank the top 3? Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:11 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rrgg
I saw that a few here disagree that the Conrad is the best Hilton in London, and that it's "only" very good in a good location.

What Hilton do you think is better, or how would you rank the top 3? Thanks.
I actually liked the Waldorf better, although we haven't been there for a while, so maybe that has changed.

Cheers.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by brp
I actually liked the Waldorf better, although we haven't been there for a while, so maybe that has changed.

Cheers.
Yes, me too......I much prefer the Waldorf, I love the buzzy atmosphere of the lobby but for me it has a great gym and spa .
I just feel the Waldorf has more to offer than the Conrad ...... the Conrad is very nice and modern and the Executive lounge is good too but to me thats kinda where the story ends.
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes, me too......I much prefer the Waldorf, I love the buzzy atmosphere of the lobby but for me it has a great gym and spa .
I just feel the Waldorf has more to offer than the Conrad ...... the Conrad is very nice and modern and the Executive lounge is good too but to me thats kinda where the story ends.
It's a weird one for me, I kinda have to go with the Waldorf too, just because I have a sentimental attachment to it...(I was staying here when I met my much better half and we spent our first NYE together there too.)
It also has an undeniable charm and character to it.
The Conrad is a very nice hotel though...Having a Tube station across the street is a huge bonus for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.