Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Thanks for all advice RE impresario rates. Re-booked and saving a little in comparison to the ‘frontline thanks’ rate (which used to be ‘public service’ rate) + $100 credit. And double points. (Get free breakfast and an upgrade as Diamond). Also have a booking at Hilton Bankside- phoned yesterday and the lounge is still closed and no idea when it will reopen (of course, all is blamed on Covid and the lockdown) - cancelling now even though booked it at an excellent rate of Ł104 per night.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ozon78
Thanks for all advice RE impresario rates. Re-booked and saving a little in comparison to the ‘frontline thanks’ rate (which used to be ‘public service’ rate) + $100 credit. And double points. (Get free breakfast and an upgrade as Diamond). Also have a booking at Hilton Bankside- phoned yesterday and the lounge is still closed and no idea when it will reopen (of course, all is blamed on Covid and the lockdown) - cancelling now even though booked it at an excellent rate of Ł104 per night.

Hi,

I understand from the Bankside thread that a bento box is provided together with some drinks vouchers in lieu of the louge)- which is better than nothing.and Ł104 is a excellent rate- I'm paying Ł150 pn for mid july. I think I will keep Bankside ( I will have spend 2x 4 nights at the Conrad in a 2 week period ) as the pool at Bankside looks nice ( have not stayed there before(

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I understand from the Bankside thread that a bento box is provided together with some drinks vouchers in lieu of the louge)- which is better than nothing.and Ł104 is a excellent rate- I'm paying Ł150 pn for mid july. I think I will keep Bankside ( I will have spend 2x 4 nights at the Conrad in a 2 week period ) as the pool at Bankside looks nice ( have not stayed there before(

Regards

TBS
re Bankside: yes, this is what they confirmed on the phone - drinks vouchers and a bento box; the pool is open (when I phoned) - by registration in 40 (or 45) min slots.
We are sticking to Conrad though (7 - 11 July so it seems there will be a few flyer talkers there at the same time).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by strayersong
As you are staying 4 nights I'd strongly recommend you to book via Impresario. They are currently offering third night free with the usual $100 benefits. I managed to book 3 nights for Ł390 only (King Superior) - actually I think our stays overlap, mine is 11th - 14th July
Do you have a link or contact to book this 3-4-2 rate?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Do you have a link or contact to book this 3-4-2 rate?
Any Impresario agent can book it.

I would just Google it.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any Impresario agent can book it.

I would just Google it.
Yes, just wondered if there was one whom could ‘offer’ more than the other but appreciate that’s not how that process works.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bcarmicle
How does the Conrad St James compare to the Landmark London? I have a stay booked at the Landmark but am considering swapping it to the Conrad. Only HHonors Gold (through Amex) though...
I've only stayed at each of these once, although I have been working at the Landmark recently. Here's my two cents, but more frequent travellers to each may be able to provide better info. The stylings of the two are very different - Conrad is fresh and modern while the landmark is tastefully traditional. You will pay more (usually) for the Landmark for an equivalent room category, although a base-level room the landmark is 100sg ft bigger than the Conrad... It's certainly worth looking at what one of the luxury travel agents can provide in terms of extra benefits for each as that might swing the comparison. Service is excellent at both in my limited experience. Both have a decent fitness centre but only the Landmark ahs a (very nice) pool. I personally think the Conrad is better value for money. I also would generally prefer to be in St James than Marylebone but there's not much in that as they are both 2 mins from tube stations. But if you are a tourist then St James is easily walkable to all the major Westminster attractions whilst Marylebone is a bit of a trek.

On the other hand, the Landmark has this to tempt you:

The 'Winter Garden' at the Landmark

The Rear Foyer at the Landmark
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes, just wondered if there was one whom could ‘offer’ more than the other but appreciate that’s not how that process works.
Not that I know of. Having said that the one I used was pretty average. If anyone knows different let us know.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
I think this is my new favourite Hilton in the UK...

Checked in yesterday for a 1 night stay on a Ł150 rate. Pre-upgraded to a junior suite, asked at check-in if I could pay for a full suite and they gave me a Deluxe 1 bedroom at no extra charge

Room is very very nice, probably the best bathroom I've seen in a UK hotel and a very good size.

Lounge had 3 types of white wine, prosecco, a rosé, 2 types of red, spirits (Jack Daniel for the whisky) and these were all served. Meant to be 5:30-7:30 but the waiter kept going til 8 and was very very generous in terms of top ups. Nice canapé selection included a lentil salad, roast beef on yorkshire pudding and a leek and cheese tart, along with charcuterie and cheese. Again, the server was happy to give as much as we wanted.

Breakfast this morning was the option of room service or at the Blue Boar. Diamonds can order as much as they want off the a la carte, which is obviously very generous. Eggs benedict very nice and they also have avocado which I always enjoy and not many places have. Other options include a full english, smoked salmon, pancakes etc.

Every member of staff is very friendly, not OTT and not necessarily the most '5 star' in terms of formality but then again I prefer that.

The only criticism if I had to find one is that they don't have the Conrad toy, but I think that sums up how good a stay it was.

At Ł150 it's an absolute bargain. Obviously this is a weird time with such low occupancy and cheap rates, but if you can get here midweek at under Ł200 I'd be booking it over any other property.

A phenomenal stay, and now due to the lounge ahead of the Waldorf in Edinburgh for me.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
All the recent positive reports have been great to see. Can't wait to return, hopefully later this summer. Cheers to everyone.
pazza2000 and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:54 pm

The only criticism if I had to find one is that they don't have the Conrad toy, but I think that sums up how good a stay it was.

Is it wrong that to me this is a big deal? 😂
Who doesn’t want an English bulldog stuff animal?? Hopefully this is corrected by the end of the year.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hobotravel

Is it wrong that to me this is a big deal? 😂
Who doesn’t want an English bulldog stuff animal?? Hopefully this is corrected by the end of the year.
I seem to recall that they ran out before, unless they have not had them for a long time.

I am sure that my current litter of them could always be boosted by another. 😂

Last edited by GentleGiant; Jun 25, 2021 at 11:04 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
All the recent positive reports have been great to see. Can't wait to return, hopefully later this summer. Cheers to everyone.
Yes great to see, they are clearly doing something right.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:29 am

Will post stay report Sunday/Monday

We were extremely lucky to receive one of the last dogs last year though not the bulldog !
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:58 pm

Does anyone have the most recent diamond welcome letter they can upload? Just trying to get the various hours of breakfast and the lounge (for presentations). Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.