Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This wiki captures the main points of the Q3 offer from Hilton as posted by HHonorsRepresentative. The main focus of the thread posts has shifted to discuss the high number of opt out hotels for this promotion. Nothing stopping you from adding other useful information or discussion points to this wiki or to the thread! @:-)

Hilton Q3 Promotion: Triple Your Trip

Offer Details:

Earn Triple Points Friday through Sunday

Earn Double Points Monday through Thursday

Stays must be completed between August 1, 2014 and October 31, 2014 at participating hotels and resorts

Register using this link (Many of you may have already registered! If you received a confirmation email, then the promotion code has already dropped on your account and re-registration would not be necessary)

A full list of non-participating hotels and resorts can be found here

A FAQ for this promotion can be found here

Notes from HHonorsRepresentative about the high number of opt out hotels:

As many of you have already noted, more hotels and resorts have chosen to opt-out of this particular promotion compared to previous offers. We understand that having options when you book stays with us is very important and we do our best to encourage hotels and resorts to participate in our promotions. While we hope our promotions work for most hotels, sometimes individual hotels do not have a need for a little extra help filling their rooms. Many hotels are individually owned and operated so we let them make that decision based on their demand. Additionally, many hotels and resorts see spikes in occupancy this time of year, which explains why some hotels have opted-out.

Please do update this wiki with any other useful info or to correct any mistakes.
Print Wikipost

New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Post New HH Promo 'Triple your Trip' AUG1-OCT31

Fun times await folks...!

I just read on LoyaltyLobby that Hilton brings back 'Triple your Trip'.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/07/09/h...-31-2014-q2q3/

Basically double points during the week and triple points during the weekend.

Paired with Diamond Bonus this will be a points bonanza again. ^

Cheers!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:15 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Not bad!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
thanks I just signed up!!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Not bad, especially compared to other chain promotions this summer...
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mirror74
Not bad, especially compared to other chain promotions this summer...
Well this is more of a fall promotion isn't it?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Solid!! Keeping my fingers crossed the non-participating list doesn't sting.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Thanks for posting! Another promotion for which I did not receive any type of email from Hilton
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:21 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Love it! All of my stays later this summer are wrapped around weekends...

Can someone remind me again what happens if I check in to a hotel on July 30th, and check out August 5th? Will I get the promotion for the entire stay? Or does checking in before August 1st make me ineligible?

(Seems as if the only difference between the current promo and the new one is the 3X weekend points...Logic would say that I'd get the 3X points for the weekend because the weekend runs August 1-4, after the promo has started).
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:23 am

Terms and conditions say this starts August 1. FAQ's say it starts July 9. Obviously, August 1 is correct given that the double points or miles promo runs through July 31. Someone might want to fix the FAQ's, however.

Good promo.

MSB MillionMiler: Your question is answered in the FAQs. You get credit for the nights starting August 1.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Not bad at all... Also the link had a link for two Waldorf promotions (I was only aware of one).
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:42 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Wow you all are QUICK! I love it. I'm getting more details now and will confirm more shortly. Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I have a reservation for Labor Day weekend at the DT Key West and have been debating whether to use $ or points. If they are participating this will make it an easy decision.

Also have two weekend nights in October at Grand Wailea who seems to participate in these promos - that should work out really well with this + the WA promotions. Unfortunately I missed signing up for the 10K promo and I just had a WA stay two weeks ago.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by zachary
Terms and conditions say this starts August 1. FAQ's say it starts July 9. Obviously, August 1 is correct given that the double points or miles promo runs through July 31. Someone might want to fix the FAQ's, however.

Good promo.

MSB MillionMiler: Your question is answered in the FAQs. You get credit for the nights starting August 1.
The T&C accessed through the Loyalty Lobby link goes to a prior promotion. Notice that all the dates are 2013.....
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by donnak
Thanks for posting! Another promotion for which I did not receive any type of email from Hilton
I imagine this went to the bloggers first. I haven't seen anything and it looks like the HHonors site doesn't even have it up yet. I tend to get most of the emails so I assume we'll see something in the next week or so.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:58 am

Thanks! Signed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.