Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:37 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mirror74
Suggestion: HH could offer Diamonds expedited 2016 requalification, re-run of last years “Status Jumpstart”, where all future stays (not nights) through the end of 2014, in addition to other 2014 stays, would count towards 2016 status. But this time open to all Diamonds. This would give me enough incentive to make extra stays at Hiltons (and not go to the competition with better promotions), as I will hit re-qualification any-day now...
Hi there,

Thanks for this suggestion! I will share with my team during our next call.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Any plans with a partnership with AA??

Hi Erin,

There is a recent thread that American EP's are now getting diamond status with Hilton as a benefit.

Can you tell me if Hilton is working with American to return the favor and give Hilton diamonds status on American like with the UA/Marriott partnership?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Hi Erin,

There is a recent thread that American EP's are now getting diamond status with Hilton as a benefit.

Can you tell me if Hilton is working with American to return the favor and give Hilton diamonds status on American like with the UA/Marriott partnership?
Hi jamesteroh,

I am going to look into this and let you know what I find out!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
That would likely persuade me, a soon-to-lapse-Diamond, to start staying at Hiltons again.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
That would likely persuade me, a soon-to-lapse-Diamond, to start staying at Hiltons again.
And if it would happen, it would persuade me to consider using American on flights to ORD, LGA and MIA.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
And the beat goes on........

Originally Posted by sapguy
Just checked the Hilton website, and looks like the opening has been pushed out to October 2014
Update re: HI near Moscone Center

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in November 2014."
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
And the beat goes on........

Duplicate

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; Sep 29, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Hi Erin,

Virgin Australia Platinum gives the option of opting into HH Diamond. There is nothing reciprocal about it though.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Depending on when it's held and what city, I would also be interested.

Something Delta did in ATL for some FTer's was allowed them to be "gate agents for a day" I unfortunately wasn't there, but some of the members posted about a lot of knowledge they learned from it and helped them appreciate the things GA's had to deal with such as the importance of a flight pushing back on time. I think it would be great if Hilton did something like that, allowed some diamonds to shadow a front desk agent or maybe the person that handles room assignments. Would give us some good first hand knowledge of how upgrades are handled and some of the difficulties front desk agents and other staff have to deal with.
This is a good idea. I have worked in hotels both on the staff side, as well as, working for an events/conference/boutique FIT company and yes, customers who have no knowledge of the internal mechanisms, might be surprised with some of the requests that guests make.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Update re: HI near Moscone Center

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in November 2014."
Does anyone have any idea what the holdup is? (Though given that it's a higher category than the two FS Hiltons in SF, I don't see myself staying there much.)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Hi Erin,

Hi jamesteroh,

Thanks for your patience!

Just received confirmation that HHonors members will not receive AA status through this offer.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi jamesteroh,

Thanks for your patience!

Just received confirmation that HHonors members will not receive AA status through this offer.

Thanks,
Erin
Yikes, another dilution of HH Diamond staus
The UA/Marriott thing only matches to Gold, not top-tier status!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yikes, another dilution of HH Diamond staus
The UA/Marriott thing only matches to Gold, not top-tier status!
And Marriott top tier gets silver with UA. If Hilton is giving top tier to AA's top tier, Hilton diamonds should at least get gold on AA or at least some benefit like priority boarding and a free checked bag.

At least this is targeted and not available to all AA EP's.

I think Delta/SPG has the fairest partnership. The top tiers get benefits with the other partner but no status. A Plat at SPG gets a free bag and priority boarding on Delta and they are eligible for upgrades but only after all Delta elites have cleared. As a Delta Diamond I get no status at SPG but the 4 pm guaranteed checkout is great (something Hilton doesn't give me even though I had over 2 months of BIB nights last year with them) and I am eligible for upgrades but only after all their elites have cleared.

I don't think it's fair Hilton diamonds get the same priority for upgrades that an AA EP gets when we get no benefits on AA
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

I don't think it's fair Hilton diamonds get the same priority for upgrades that an AA EP gets when we get no benefits on AA
Agreed. It is absolutely insane that the HH program has nothing in it to prevent an AA EP with newly minted Diamond status and 0 nights and no spending from getting an upgrade over a multi-year Diamond with 500 lifetime nights and $100,000 in spending. How can that make any business sense whatsoever for Hilton?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Great news. I just received an email from Safeway grocery store, if I connect my Safeway rewards card with HHonors and spend $2.98 (excluding alcohol) I will receive Lifetime Diamond status...what do you guys think should I go for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.