Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Account Hacked" thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I just tried that & got excited when it looked like it accepted the deletion on the mobile app. But then when I go back and log into the regular website, the card is still listed in my account ...
I believe it takes a few hours to update.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
The CAPTCHA thing only makes sense if it was brute force, no? for working email/password combos captured elsewhere that would appear (even) less effective.

"In that case, you're stupid enough when it comes to internet safety that those points deserve to be spent."

Stupidity, fortunately, does not make a wrong a right, and it remains a criminal act to assume someone else's property without their consent, and certainly from within a protected (even if weakly so) area.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by myapologies
Hi, everyone.

I made an account on this forum to make you all aware of a blackhat forum where the selling of your cracked Hilton HHonors accounts are bought and sold.

I am a member of said forum, but I think that it is wrong that they are doing this to you all.

The website is http://leakforums.org or http://leak.sx. They're both the same website. Now, you'll have to create an account on the forum and then visit this forum thread http://leakforums.org/thread-367084. You can't see it without first making an account.

The thread looks like this

The name of this seller is Imperfectluck.

Maybe presentation of some of this stuff to Hilton will make them a bit more motivated to fix things.
Thanks for the warning. I will report this site to law enforcement.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Instagram
Thanks for the warning. I will report this site to law enforcement.
Do you really think they don't already know abouth this site and many others? (or are u just tryung to be sarcastic)
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just checked into a Hampton Inn and logged onto the internet. It just occurred to me that one of the things we are supposed to do is provide our HHonors number and PIN. Given the open and unsecured nature of the free WiFi, I wonder if this isn't another vulnerability for Hilton guests?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, DL 1M, HH Diamond, PC Amb Plat, Hyatt Plat, * Wood Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I have tried repeatedly - and unsuccessfully - to remove my credit card from my HH account. Has anyone been able to take this step?

My pin & PW have been changed but I'd like to remove my card number, too, given how lax Hilton has been with their website security.
I called the Diamond desk this weekend. The first CSR was unable to delete this. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was able to delete it.

I also asked if they could disable access to my account via my PIN. Currently this is not supported by the Hilton system.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
I've stayed at several properties where I express my displeasure directly to management when my receipt/folio is left in the hallway (outside the door) the morning of my check-out -- seriously, if your night clerk is too lazy to slide it under the door, why bother...

Everything is on that receipt - personal information and HHonors number. And, with the "iron-clad" PIN only requirement to access the online account, I'm surprised this hasn't happened in the past with more frequency.

Wasn't there a story a while back about a guy that would use the previous occupant's information to lengthen the stay and live in the room for a few days?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
[QUOTE=DirtyDan;23822951]I've stayed at several properties where I express my displeasure directly to management when my receipt/folio is left in the hallway (outside the door) the morning of my check-out -- seriously, if your night clerk is too lazy to slide it under the door, why bother...

Everything is on that receipt - personal information and HHonors number. And, with the "iron-clad" PIN only requirement to access the online account, I'm surprised this hasn't happened in the past with more frequency.
QUOTE]

Some of the properties I stay at have quit providing paper copies over night al together (not under the door not hanging). I inquired to one where I know the front desk manager and he told me it was a policy change for the exact concerns you list above.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:05 am

> Given the open and unsecured nature of the free WiFi, I wonder if this isn't another vulnerability for Hilton guests?

Perhaps. I don't recall if that login page is secured by https ... and if so; which cipher suite is used. Anyone?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
> Given the open and unsecured nature of the free WiFi, I wonder if this isn't another vulnerability for Hilton guests?

Perhaps. I don't recall if that login page is secured by https ... and if so; which cipher suite is used. Anyone?
Most of the Hilton's now have you enter your HH# and room# inorder to claim the free Wifi. That has made me nervous.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:02 am

Different Log ins Causing Problems with Retaining cancellations

In mid October I was trying to cancel some reservations at online for a Hampton Inn Hotel in Austin. I was finally successful in canceling them but then weeks later I was charged as a "NO SHOW" for FIVE different rooms.

There are about 3 different ways to log into my account and it depends on which computer I am on and what password combo it has "remembered". The web site was acting strange it the reason I am so positive I cancelled them is because I had to go to two different computers to do it. At first I got the "you are not authorized to make this ...." or do this" so I went to my desktop and got it done. Now they say they will not refund my money as I was a no show. This was for 5 rooms for an anniversary party that we didn't just "forget" we were canceling. I spend a half a day unwinding the weekend due to some conflicts we had with our kids schedule.

The Hampton Inn Austin lady in charge of No Shows could not have been ruder about it. The Hilton Customer Service people I assume are in India and could also care less and keep telling me "it is up to the Hotel". Why would problems with the Hilton Worldwide Website be up to the hotel?

We are 20 year Honors members and have never, ever had a no show. Also of note is we had some other rooms at a neighboring Hilton that WERE cancelled.

A search of our Emails from Hilton shows they are very haphazard - sometimes we got confirmation and sometimes we didn't but there is also an issue of us deleting emails regularly when we believe they are not needed. An addition reason I was not concerned enough to call at the time was that after I logged out I logged back in to be sure that the site showed my next upcoming stay was not in Austin but a month later in Los Angeles. I fully admit to being capable of forgetting to cancel a reservation for ONE room - but not for 5 when the weekend was an out of town adventure for our anniversary with friends and family. I am certain this is a problem of the web site but cannot get anyone to help me. Any advice is appreciated.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:06 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by bobbora
Any advice is appreciated.
Send a private message to HHonorsRepresentative, who is the official representative of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program on FlyerTalk.

I have taken the liberty to have already done that for you...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by bobbora
In mid October I was trying to cancel some reservations at online for a Hampton Inn Hotel in Austin. I was finally successful in canceling them but then weeks later I was charged as a "NO SHOW" for FIVE different rooms.
I had some website-related issues in 2013 with a cancellation and had a similar experience (finding out later I was charged anyways as a no show)
It was a HGI and I got the same runaround until I filed a complaint via the Diamond desk about how this was a website problem and thus a Hilton problem and not a hotel issue.
I was refunded the amounts shortly thereafter.

Last edited by JohnMacWW; Dec 10, 2014 at 1:49 pm
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
I don't know if this applied to your situation bobbora but Hilton and a few other hotel sites are famous for having issues with cancellations and reservations that are only half completed on one computer and then completed on another. It has something to do with the session the use in their websites and quite frankly...poor programming. It has bitten a few other folks in the past as well.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My Hilton Honors being hacked?

I have not been login into my account for sometimes. Today I tried to login and it fails. I tried to reset my password also fail.

I emailed the CS and they asked me to confirmed my mailing address and phone number before they can reset my password.

I did not think much.

Once i managed to login, I notice I only have 134 points. I should have 50,134.. Also the second email is strange gmail account which I override it with my gmail account.

I was told that there is shopping on September 2014 for 50,000 points. I did not remember I do any redeemption and this is not listed under ALL Activities.

I also notice that I have not received any email from HHonors since sometimes and my milesBuster complain about problem login into my HHonors.

The CS also said "You will begin to receive all future mailings at your new email address within 3 weeks. " Seems to me the reason I did not recieve any email from HHonors because the email has been changed.

Seems like my account has been hacked and i missed 50,000 points. Anything can be done to recover this 50,000 points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.