Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had no idea that Diamonds pay resort fees now!
Also, would be interested in views on parking fees. The HGI Monterey started a $10 per night parking charge 1/1/14. I asked if fee was waived for Diamonds. They said no.

Don't why, just seems odd. I know HI are different hotel class, but at some properties they set aside Diamond preferred parking spots at no fee.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Ha, the delay in getting this started is probably because the employee saw this thread with all the complaining and thought, what the #$%@ am I getting myself into?? and quit. For once this is actually a demonstration of Hilton trying change things for the better. Can't we appreciate an actual enhancement and the effort that will go into this instead of ambushing our new "friend" with complaints??
If they can't handle a forum like this, then they have no business serving as a company rep.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
As promised elsewhere

Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Just wondering if anyone has sent a PM or FlyerTalk referenced email as instructed and found success. Simple yes would suffice. Thanks.
Yes, but must elaborate. I had two issues(see the very confusing exchange on CS issues), the first of which was SJU-now resolved with a Conrad Tokyo free night, about a grand depending on exchange rates. Issue II was HNL, now resolved with HGV discount of about $500.
Whether any of the latter was the result of my PM, can't be certain. But, am very happy to be back "Home with Hilton."

Hearing from HH rep via PM it appears his intervention led to resolution of HNL issue-thanks, Blake!

Last edited by jake108; Apr 16, 2014 at 11:17 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: 9W Gold, EY Plat
Anyone know if reservations can be modified for *adjusted* properties after the adjustment date for pre adjustment prices ?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but wouldn't an announcement of the Q2 promo been a good (and easy!!!) way to start "establishing presence" on FT instead of an email from HH?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hginPHL
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but wouldn't an announcement of the Q2 promo been a good (and easy!!!) way to start "establishing presence" on FT instead of an email from HH?
Or maybe 'in addition to' rather than instead.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Or maybe 'in addition to' rather than instead.
Yup. That's totally what I meant. What I was trying to say was that maybe it would have been nice if the HH Rep notified us before the email went out. But regardless, they didn't.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:15 pm

sent an email but taking an awful long time waiting for a reply lol
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:46 pm

Email sent April 9.....

Still waiting for a reply.

Maybe instead of who has received a reply (only one so far) from the new HH rep, we could start a lengthy list of who is still waiting for a reply.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I still think its a load of BS to sneakily announce, on FT, the devaluation of 25 odd hotels. It has personally hit me hard as I was planning a vacation at one of the properties recently devalued - but that's not the point... try looking at their website for this information and it is so very buried - that its not what anyone would call, being transparent.

And also, an "official" FlyerTalk presence should mean more than a post every few weeks, don't you think?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
And also, an "official" FlyerTalk presence should mean more than a post every few weeks, don't you think?
I think the "official" FlyerTalk Presence is not present yet.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
It's been almost three weeks since this thread was started, where is the Hhonors presence?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by oenophilist
It's been almost three weeks since this thread was started, where is the Hhonors presence?
They are busy working on Revaluing the Hilton DisHHonors program.
They realized they made big mistake devaluing the program again and again!
40K points for room costing $115? That's not a reward program!
Old May 1, 2014, 2:42 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

We wanted to follow-up and share two updates with you:

Hotel Category Adjustments
We noticed that many of you had asked us to organize the Standard Room Hotel Categories chart available via the Standard Room Rewards Update. We heard you loud and clear and the chart is now organized by country first, and by new hotel reward category second. Please let us know if this helps you navigate the site and we will follow this structure for future updates.

Official HHonors FlyerTalk Presence
We collected all of the feedback that you shared with us thus far and we really appreciate your comments. To confirm, the new FlyerTalk Ambassador will be joining the community later this month. At that time, we will open a new thread to introduce this resource, so be on the look-out!

In the meantime, we ask that you please Private Message HHonorsRepresentative or email us directly at [email protected] if you would like to connect. If you decide to email us, please note that you saw our FlyerTalk thread. This will help us direct inquiries to the right team member.

Thanks!
The Hilton HHonors Team
Old May 7, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up Hilton FT rep does follow up

Just to confirm from first hand experience that a PM I sent a few days ago to Hilton FT team got a speedy reply and very nice follow up !^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.