Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Hilton Honors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I just noticed that no more free breakfast for HH Gold members. Is it tue?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
I just noticed that no more free breakfast for HH Gold members. Is it tue?
Where does this come from? Breakfast (in lieu of bonus points) is still listed as a gold benefit at Conrads, Hiltons, DTs, and HGIs. It's free for everyone at the other brands, except W=A where it's not included for anyone.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I would like to know why so many properties are permitted to opt out of quarterly HHonors promotions, making them so full of coverage holes their value as an incentive is severely compromised.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Thanks, HHonors Rep. I thoroughly enjoy staying at Hilton properties.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome [back] to Flyertalk ^

We will appreciate a maintained company presence on the boards! ^

Originally Posted by beeju
Yes, I share the same sentiments about Lifetime Hilton HHonors status. I am going on 15 years of loyalty to Hilton and given how SPG (and Marriott) rewards members with Lifetime Status, it almost tempting to start anew.
Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk beeju
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
I agree as well. Question? When has the Tropicana Las Vegas been reviewed, with under-cover customers? This place does not deserve the Hilton brand. Take a look for yourself. The standards are sub-par as well as the service.

I can book a room across the street for half the cost and better service. Come on Hilton. I'm not bashing Hilton, but at least keep your standards up. Just like you killed the LVH -Las Vegas "HILTON". Good for you. Keep up on the standards. The Trop is a joke. Re-brand it Motel 6 on the strip. Perhaps Wayne Newton could swing by the showroom. Come on Hilton.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:38 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by kettle1
I agree as well. Question? When has the Tropicana Las Vegas been reviewed, with under-cover customers? This place does not deserve the Hilton brand. Take a look for yourself. The standards are sub-par as well as the service.

I can book a room across the street for half the cost and better service. Come on Hilton. I'm not bashing Hilton, but at least keep your standards up. Just like you killed the LVH -Las Vegas "HILTON". Good for you. Keep up on the standards. The Trop is a joke. Re-brand it Motel 6 on the strip. Perhaps Wayne Newton could swing by the showroom. Come on Hilton.
Hilton? Standards? The company hires a General Manager from a property so bad that it got kicked out of Days Inn to manage one of its properties (Homewood Suites Alpharetta). Then stands by the property when it bans you from staying there because you didn't appreciate the dirty room it gave you. There are no standards with Hilton...

Alas, I shouldn't complain "too loudly" as Ron might ban me from FT as well...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Reading from the beginning of the thread, all I can say is, Wow, that was a quick honeymoon period! Oh, and welcome?
I agree. He/She has their work cut out for them -- tough crowd.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Good to have a Hilton presence here and welcome.

I had two complaints with Hilton that I wish someone with Hilton corporate would addressed.

The first is resort fees not being waived for diamonds. I had a stay at a property in March that charges a resort fee that use to waive it for diamonds and was told that Hilton corporate no longer allows resort fees to be waived. Seeing the number of nights someone has to stay with Hilton to be diamond, why won't corporate allow a property to waive it? The Tropicana in Vegas use to waive it as well for diamonds and doesn't any more, yet all the other Vegas properties waive it for their elites (it's ridiculous that Harrah's will waive it for me having the lowest elite status through their credit card but Hilton won't as a diamond).

The other is late checkouts. There are a couple threads complaining about this. Hyatt gives their diamond's a 4 p.m. checkout guaranteed as does SPG with their platinum's. I have no status at SPG but as a Delta diamond I can get a GUARANTEED 4 p.m. checkout but as a Hilton diamond I am lucky to get 1 p.m. at some properties.

If Hilton waived the resort fee for diamonds at properties that charge it and offer a guaranteed 4 p.m. checkout at most properties that would start to make a difference between gold and diamond

+1 Big time.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had no idea that Diamonds pay resort fees now!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
We're gathering all of the great feedback you've shared thus far and we're keeping this in mind as we prepare to introduce the new FlyerTalk representative. We're also gathering the questions that you've shared and we will provide more clarity around these topics once the new representative is in place.
I hope I'm wrong that this implies a single person (as opposed to a shared "role" account). With 10 brands and nearly 4,200 properties in the program, it's hard to see how one person could manage all the issues -- both programmatic and hotel-specific -- that FT is likely to throw at him or her. (SPG, with a much smaller portfolio, has several reps active on FT.)

In the immortal words of Police Chief Martin C. Brody, "you're gonna need a bigger boat."
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Hilton HHonors Category Adjustment Process and FlyerTalk Presence

Forgive me if I am out of place, but I don't think it is constructive to welcome a new Flyertalk presence with a) complaints about individual hotels and b) complaining about the big devaluation. Especially on the deval, it happened, it was a pretty major management decision that was likely well thought out, knowing that it would cause backlash and lost customers. Welcoming a new Hilton representative with this only makes someone less willing to listen about recommendations that the company may be willing to entertain. Devaluations happen all the time with every program. When they do, customers sometimes leave, which is their right. Hilton factored that into their deval decision. Complaining about it now to a new representative isn't particularly helpful.

/RANT
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had no idea that Diamonds pay resort fees now!
Yep. The Trop only waived them for diamonds the first few months they were a DT.

The Bentley in Miami use to waive theirs for Diamonds but charged it when I was there last month. They claimed Hilton corporate won't allow any resort property that charges a resort fee to waive the fee for diamonds anymore. Makes no sense, if a property wants to waive the waive the fee for a diamond, why would corporate care. I don't have as big of a problem paying it at the Bentley since they still differentiate a diamond from other levels by giving us a full breakfast, the bottle of wine and fruit/cheese tray, etc. The trop though....I am treated no different as a diamond than a Hilton kettle with the exception of the lousy breakfast that is the same a gold gets and access to the "VIP" lounge which is never open when I arrive.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
re LVH

Originally Posted by kettle1

Beg to differ re Las Vegas Hilton-had about 100 nights there over five years-nice upgrades to poolside cabana suites, their AM buffet free for gold, etc.(out of pocket about $20-30), great staff in VIP room. Tony Bennet, Liza Minelli in small venue.
Granted there may have been other issues(posting of points)but it was a sad day when the Hilton marque came down, presumably now in the neon graveyard.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
You can check out any tme you like but..

Originally Posted by sethb
As SPG Gold and HH Diamond, I get 4 PM checkout a lot more often at SPG hotels.
Gotta love that line in this context. Best late check out was Radison, Delhi airport, no status, 8:00PM to take shuttle for flight, DEL-ORD.
Best early check in, late check out: Palmer House. Used to party all night, check in about 3 AM(current day check in), leave out 4 pm. 36 hours in that great property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.