Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Fast Track to Gold (4 stays in 90 days) - does an Honors reward stay count?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Hi folks,

I am just about the embark on the "4 stays in 90 days" challenge to get back to HHonors Gold.

I have enough future bookings to do this without any problem, but one of them includes a booking made with HHonors points. Do you know if this still will count towards qualification under this promotion?

Also, has anybody had any luck getting this promotion code backdated to take into account previous stays?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

exBAres
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Reward stays do indeed count towards you stay count.

I can't see them doing the backdating part... probably very unlikely.

Last edited by lifetimeblue; Dec 16, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Fast Track to Gold (4 stays in 90 days) - does an HHonors reward stay count?

Hilton won't backdate during the challenge, but four stays within 90 days is a great way of getting gold.

Please be aware that you can only fast-track once normally
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:55 am
Original Poster

thank so much for the quick response folks, let's see what happens...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:27 pm

please remember to "charge" something to the room to be sure.

i just recently completed my challenge and started on the diamond challenge.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by francismc
Please be aware that you can only fast-track once normally
Not true, in my experience. I've been invited by HHonors to use the Fast Track to Gold several times....
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by eunduklee
please remember to "charge" something to the room to be sure.
This is not necessary. HHonors award stays have counted towards status for a number of years now (roughly the last ten years). No need to charge anything to the room, and anyhow, in some of their brands, there really isn't much of anything that can be charged to the room.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
This is not necessary. HHonors award stays have counted towards status for a number of years now (roughly the last ten years). No need to charge anything to the room, and anyhow, in some of their brands, there really isn't much of anything that can be charged to the room.
What counts toward normal status earning and what counts toward a special promotion (such as a particular fast track) are not necessarily the same.

And I say "particular" fast track, because there are different fast track promotions. I've seen the MVP one, I've seen ones linked to particular card offers, I've seen ones through partners, I've seen targeted ones offered by HH, etc. Are you sure all of these have the exact same T&Cs?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What counts toward normal status earning and what counts toward a special promotion (such as a particular fast track) are not necessarily the same.

And I say "particular" fast track, because there are different fast track promotions. I've seen the MVP one, I've seen ones linked to particular card offers, I've seen ones through partners, I've seen targeted ones offered by HH, etc. Are you sure all of these have the exact same T&Cs?
You are right. I beleive Diamond challenge is meant to be paid nights with points nights not counting, but despite that proviso it has been posted previously that the HH computer is as bad as ever and counts them too for the challenge. when it should not.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubaccr
You are right. I beleive Diamond challenge is meant to be paid nights with points nights not counting, but despite that proviso it has been posted previously that the HH computer is as bad as ever and counts them too for the challenge. when it should not.
Well, speaking of that, sometimes the HH computer might not even count nights correctly. When I did my MVP Fast Track to Gold (two years ago this month), my Gold status showed up after 3 (not 4) paid nights! (And there were no award nights since I had registered for it to count, so unless it went back in time before registration quite a bit, or unless it counted booked but cancellable and not yet consumed stays, I don't know it thought that 3 = 4.)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
I e-mailed (and received) the diamond challenge, and am very much on track to hit this.

In the meantime, i'm wondering if receiving the diamond challenge also gets me the fast track to gold or if that is separate.

TY
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by 100% Green
I e-mailed (and received) the diamond challenge, and am very much on track to hit this.

In the meantime, i'm wondering if receiving the diamond challenge also gets me the fast track to gold or if that is separate.

TY
Why would you want a FT to Gold if you are on target for Diamond via challenge? Diamond is higher than Gold. You WON'T get both challenges anyway!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 100% Green

TY
Existing member Diamond challenge, usually 21nights in 90 days (no lower stays option within challenge) is on your existing HH status

Whereas..

Diamond Status Match, say nn nights in 90days or nn stays in 90days, then your status is raised one below during the match period, eg Diamond Status Match you get temp Gold for 90 days Failing to complete loses you the temp gold status.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Diamond Status Match, say nn nights in 90days or nn stays in 90days, then your status is raised one below during the match period, eg Diamond Status Match you get temp Gold for 90 days Failing to complete loses you the temp gold status.
I don't believe this is true any longer. Another poster who is currently Silver asked about being Gold during his Diamond challenge. He was told he remains the status he earned and will receive a status change (Diamond) ONLY upon completion of the challenge. They no longer give any temporary status. The poster also confirmed that his status did NOT change during his challenge period.

If you read thru some of these threads, you can prb see why. Many ppl game the system by getting free Gold while "doing" the challenge w/o really trying to complete it. It looks like Hilton has closed this loophole.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Why would you want a FT to Gold if you are on target for Diamond via challenge? Diamond is higher than Gold. You WON'T get both challenges anyway!
I don't want a challenge for the gold, I just want the gold without earning it .

For the record, they gave me silver when I asked for the diamond challenge. I prepaid for 40 nights before asking for the diamond challenge, but I had no status with hilton originally. Unfortunately, for the nights to register I have to checkout, and part of the agreement for my rate is that I don't checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.