Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reward Night and Paid Nights in one Reservation- Earning Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver

If I book a stay using points form one night- the highest cost night- and pay for the other nights will I earn points on the paid nights?

I was reading the small print on the hhonors page and there was a paragraph about not earning any points for your stay if any part of the stay is on points.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have always gotten points for the paid nights when combined with award/points night(s).
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
The terms now say that any stay that if it is not a fully paid stay with money won't earn points. This is a relatively new change I think.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
This one caught me out over Christmas. One night paid, 1 night points (was an expensive night with cash!), then 3 nights paid. 0 points
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Sadly, it's within the terms. I'd therefore avoid it like the plague and either go all points, if feasible, or stay on points and then move to a nearby hotel for cash.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
So along those same lines...if I had 2 rooms, one on points and one paid in the same hotel for a weekend. Do I get the points for the paid part of the stay. I made 2 separate reservations.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
If they're back to back reservations, eg a Friday on points and Saturday on cash, then that all counts as a single stay in the HHonors T&C. Single stay with some nights cash, some nights points annoying means no points.

If you're there 3 nights, one option is night #1 on points, night #2 cash but with no hhonors details attached, night #3 with cash and your hhonors details. That'd also get you a second stay credit, but probably no upgrade or breakfast as an elite for night #2. Or credit night #2 to your other half's hhonors, so they get the points for that.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This change is going to hurt me since I frequently combine points and cash stays. Now to remember I can't mix them....
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
The terms now say that any stay that if it is not a fully paid stay with money won't earn points. This is a relatively new change I think.
If there is a new change in the terms, does that also imply that any incidentals charged to the room on a reward stay such as meals, phone calls, etc. will also now not earn any points as they had before on a reward stay? Hopefully we'll still get a stay credit for a reward stay (and a reward night with a paid night), and charging incidentals to the room usually got points and any elite bonus points with those charges, plus airline miles if you've chosen them.

Has all that been changed now?

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.