Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn state specific key cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott GE, Hertz Gold, National Exec,

Hey fellow FTers,

I understand that the Hampton Inn state specific key cards are now being printed to a generic 'welcome to hampton' logo. I have missed out on several cards during my travels, and would like to see if anyone has some of the states I need.

Does anyone collect them, and would be willing to trade if you have extras? I have some dupes that I can swap: Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio, New Mexio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, South Carolina, Utah

I am looking for: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, New Hampsire, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, W. Virginia, Wisconson, Wyoming.

Thanks,

OBG

Last edited by onebadgolfer; Jan 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I would probably have some extras from Wisconsin, Indiana and Florida. I might have some specifics like Carmel (IN) and Wausau (WI)
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Dang, that's disappointing. I enjoyed collecting them.

I'll check when I'm home next week for any duplicates.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:04 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

save the world.... return your keycards on checkout
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:26 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by cln
save the world.... return your keycards on checkout
Or help my former employer make profit & toss them (and ask for an extra key or two)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
As we know through modern science, genetic diversity strengthens a population against disease and provides other benefits. For this reason, I have spent the last ten years cross-pollinating my Hampton cards. Ever get a surprise Alabama card while staying in Wisconsin? You're welcome
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
As we know through modern science, genetic diversity strengthens a population against disease and provides other benefits. For this reason, I have spent the last ten years cross-pollinating my Hampton cards. Ever get a surprise Alabama card while staying in Wisconsin? You're welcome
So I'm not the only one who does that?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by onebadgolfer
...Does anyone collect them, and would be willing to trade if you have extras? ...
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
... I have spent the last ten years cross-pollinating my Hampton cards...
And I always thought I was the strange one
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I can send you Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, and West Virginia. PM me your details.

Would you be willing to send me Virginia, Vermont and South Carolina?

If anyone has Michigan, Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Iowa could you let me know?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I probably have more in the bottom of my backpack, but I will be happy to send them all to any one that wants them. I don't really collect them, they just end up collected. No charge, but I could use a stray WN drink coupon every now and then:

Alabama-2
California-3
Iowa-3
Kansas-2
Minnesota-2
New Jersey-1
Ohio-2
Pennsyvania-3
South Carolina-1
Texas-2
Tennessee-1
And a lone "Welcome to Hampton"

PM and they are yours.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Jan 26, 2014 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:49 pm

Looking for Hampton Inn cards

Hello,

Does anyone has some Hampton inn cards to trade / sell?
I'm interest in several states, and I have some to trade as well.

Thanks
Snir
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just wishing the other day they still did that....although I'm not organized as others so would not be able to save them- do folks make a collage with them or what?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:16 am

Well, I do collect several specific things. When I'm starting a collection I prefer it to be one that has limits. The Hampton inn had printed states on the cards which I'm trying to collect all of them. I have about 30 states already and since that they stopped printing the states few years ago it became harder to get (only through such forums and groups). So, if anyone has something, please reply...
Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by snide118
Well, I do collect several specific things. When I'm starting a collection I prefer it to be one that has limits. The Hampton inn had printed states on the cards which I'm trying to collect all of them. I have about 30 states already and since that they stopped printing the states few years ago it became harder to get (only through such forums and groups). So, if anyone has something, please reply...
Thanks!
I even wrote Hilton a letter about this... seems like a very stupid change. Those key cards probably cost them a couple cents a piece when bought in bulk, and the number of people like us that collect them is probably minimal. But I have on multiple occasions spent $100 or so to stay at a Hampton, even when a slightly nicer option was available just to get a state. I was only up to about 15 (didn't think to start keeping them until a couple years back, probably would have about 40 by now)....

We need to start a petition or something..... bring back the state keycards!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DarF2001
I even wrote Hilton a letter about this... seems like a very stupid change. Those key cards probably cost them a couple cents a piece when bought in bulk, and the number of people like us that collect them is probably minimal. But I have on multiple occasions spent $100 or so to stay at a Hampton, even when a slightly nicer option was available just to get a state. I was only up to about 15 (didn't think to start keeping them until a couple years back, probably would have about 40 by now)....

We need to start a petition or something..... bring back the state keycards!
They cost more than you think. The last time I checked, they were about $.40 in midsize quantities. Some conventions I attended had one of the sponsors on the key cards rather than the hotel. I checked on these and they could be bought for about $1 custom imprinted.

As for collecting them, I do it by accident. When I check out, I often never know if I will need to return to the hotel before heading out, so I keep the cards as they are usually good until noon. They pile up pretty quickly. When I check in and they ask if I want one or two. I always get two. One to use and one to lose. Actually, I work around some pretty strong rare earth magnets and it is not at all unusual for me to kill one by accident. I keep one in a safe place that is never exposed to magnets as I hate going back down to the desk to get the key rescanned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.