Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest Hilton Garden Inn?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Nicest Hilton Garden Inn?

Hi, I have a certificate for a free night at HGI and I’d like to use it wisely. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hoser912
Hi, I have a certificate for a free night at HGI and I’d like to use it wisely. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
omg this is such a broad question!
Which part of the world/country are you looking for?

While there are some variations amongst different properties, HGI's tend to be probably the most cookie cutter Hilton brand.
So very generally speaking, the best HGI's are the ones that are newly-opened/renovated.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evergrn
omg this is such a broad question!
Which part of the world/country are you looking for?

While there are some variations amongst different properties, HGI's tend to be probably the most cookie cutter Hilton brand.
So very generally speaking, the best HGI's are the ones that are newly-opened/renovated.
I travel a lot and will be in Asia, Europe and the US thsi year so I’m pretty flexible
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:11 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Honestly this is a non sense question, sorry for being so blunt. If you have a free night certificate, willing to use it anywhere in the world, just pick a destination you want to visit that also happens to have an HGI. HGI is a boring but predictable brand, perfectly functional and not something to get out of your way to experience.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
I agree with the others about what you'll get from any HGI. I'd say pick the most exciting location you can find and stay in the nearest HGI.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I disagree. I think you should spend thousands to fly half way around the world to experience your one free night at a HGI.

The fact is... you should go wherever you feel like and compare against other options for booking that same HGI. (i.e. Bali at 5K points per night would be a waste of a free night voucher)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:24 am

Don't waste your free night at a Hilton Garden Inn.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:30 am

What else would you use an HGI certificate for?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Norri
What else would you use an HGI certificate for?
Well, OP said they wanted to use it wisely, so I guess the converse would be to just squander it.

If OP wanted to start a thread on the worst HGIs at which to wastefully burn a free certificate, I'm sure there would be some hilarious responses.

But seriously, though, pretty ridiculous thread. If OP is traveling all over a bunch of continents, they should just look at their destinations, see which location has the highest hotel room rates and the presence of an HGI, and use it there, thus maximizing value in the form of averted expenditure.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I thought the HGI in Portland, ME was pretty good.
Easy parking, right next to everything you want, huge rooms - some with views over the harbour and a decent bar with some excellent craft beers.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Some...
The french soccer team who became World Champions spent a few weeks at the Hilton Garden Inn Moscow New Riga..
It seems they enjoyed it a lot

Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
The HGI in Dublin, IE is pretty good if you don't need to park. Excellent location and breakfast.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:18 am
Suspended

I usually choose where I will go based on my interests, nothing else. To ask 'where is the best HGI' and use that as the basis of deciding where you will go is ludicrous. To use the word 'wisely' in the same qustion, is doubly ludicrous.
loomis likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The one in FRA airport is pretty decent
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:14 am

There's actually a pretty good objective answer to this. The Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown is a beautiful restored historic building right next to the Milwaukee market and the river. It's nothing like any other HGI I've ever stayed at. Number 1 traveler ranked hotel in the entire city on TripAdvisor right now.

I will admit that Dublin location looks nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.