Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by skunker
I stayed one night back in March. Nice hotel, great location. As a Gold I was upgraded to a corner deluxe king. I had an early flight in the morning so I didn't get to try the breakfast, but they did pack me a lunch to go.

40K per night seems high. What is the daily rate? When I stayed it was only 125 euro.
Dont recall from when I booked it but remember it was a tad above .5 value which I'm fine with. I booked a queen but looking at the twin now its about 157 euros for advance for single day (I booked it single day then 3 consecutive days since i the HH points was jacked up had I booked consecutive dates)

Did you get upgraded at check in?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Justtony
Dont recall from when I booked it but remember it was a tad above .5 value which I'm fine with. I booked a queen but looking at the twin now its about 157 euros for advance for single day (I booked it single day then 3 consecutive days since i the HH points was jacked up had I booked consecutive dates)

Did you get upgraded at check in?
Yes, as I stated I was upgraded to a corner king. I believe it was room 420.
I had booked a "single guest room." And, I stand corrected my rate was 148euro.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:53 pm

Is this hotel playing with inventory? There are NO standard award rooms available between now and November 1st, 2014. Then, from November 1st through March 31st, 2015 there are standard awards available every single day except the first few days of March (when there is no award availability at all). From April 1st, 2015 and on until the end of 2015, there are only premium room awards available. I find it VERY hard to believe that there isn't a SINGLE standard room available during such large swaths of time, which conveniently coincide with peak travel season. The only logical explanation is that the hotel is manipulating inventory to raise award redemption prices. Isn't this a violation of Hilton policy?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Does anyone have any recommendations for restusrants in the vicinity of the hotel
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Stayed for two nights in early July on points. Staff was great - friendly and accommodating, room was very average. (supposed upgrade to deluxe twin room on 4th floor) . Don't get me wrong, the room wasn't bad, just really nothing to write home about.

Best part was the fantastic comp diamond breakfast buffet in the mornings^
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:23 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
The location for this property is very convenient, much more so for most people than either of the other properties in town. I've stayed at all three now, and find much more of the parts of the city I want to visit are walkable from the Alexandra.

The downside was that they did not really have much in the way of Diamond benefits. We weren't upgraded, and there wasn't any sort of Diamond welcome gift. Diamond breakfast was continental only (and at that, a restricted continental--there were lots of items on the "regular" breakfast slate which I would consider traditional continental fare, for example).

Originally Posted by Goose80
Does anyone have any recommendations for restusrants in the vicinity of the hotel
There's a tapas place very close by (1 block or so), La Cerveseria Catalana. It's in the hotel's guide IIRC.

To be in such a touristy area, it's very affordable. My wife and I spent 40 Euros on a good bottle of wine plus 6 tapas to share and a dessert to share.

Originally Posted by tt120
Best part was the fantastic comp diamond breakfast buffet in the mornings^
They only comped the "continental" breakfast for us, in the back area of the restaurant, and it was mediocre. This omitted all the hot items, muffins, etc., and was literally a few pastries, toast, cheese slices, and ham slices.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by tt120
Stayed for two nights in early July on points.
How much did you pay in points? I'm looking for next summer and they only have premium room redemptions for 100k+ points for much of the summer, and not a single room at the standard rate. Personally I am convinced they're playing with standard room inventory, but I'd really like to burn some HH points there on my trip next year, so hopefully I'm mistaken!

Also, what room category were you originally booked into?

Last edited by kdoughboy; Sep 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
How much did you pay in points? I'm looking for next summer and they only have premium room redemptions for 100k+ points for much of the summer, and not a single room at the standard rate. Personally I am convinced they're playing with standard room inventory, but I'd really like to burn some HH points there on my trip next year, so hopefully I'm mistaken!
PM Erin the HHonors rep on FT. She and her team have been able to free up standard room awards when a glitch is in the works. ^

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Sep 22, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Goose80
Michelin 2-star rated Lasarte is a couple doors down if you want to drop some euros.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:36 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by kdoughboy

Also, what room category were you originally booked into?
Hi kdoughboy,

Just wanted to let you know I have flagged this issue to my team that handles Standard Room Reward rates, and we are currently investigating. I will post any updates I receive here. Thanks for pointing this out to us!

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
PM Erin the HHonors rep on FT. She and her team have been able to free up standard room awards when a glitch is in the works. ^
Thanks for the recommendation and kind words, fozziedoggie! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi kdoughboy,

Just wanted to let you know I have flagged this issue to my team that handles Standard Room Reward rates, and we are currently investigating. I will post any updates I receive here. Thanks for pointing this out to us!

Thanks for the recommendation and kind words, fozziedoggie! ^

Cheers,
Erin
You're welcome! Please add Hilton Sydney to the list of "suspect" standard room awards; been trying to snag one since last May for February 2015.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:56 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
You're welcome! Please add Hilton Sydney to the list of "suspect" standard room awards; been trying to snag one since last May for February 2015.
I'm on it! Thanks for flagging.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by exerda
They only comped the "continental" breakfast for us, in the back area of the restaurant, and it was mediocre. This omitted all the hot items, muffins, etc., and was literally a few pastries, toast, cheese slices, and ham slices.
Out of curiosity, when was your stay? I was at this property in June, and as a Gold was given access to the full breakfast buffet.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:07 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
Out of curiosity, when was your stay? I was at this property in June, and as a Gold was given access to the full breakfast buffet.
Mid-September.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by exerda
Mid-September.
I stayed mid-July and only got the continental breakfast too. As exerda found, it was quite poor, not just much more than a table with plates of pastries.

It was an attractive hotel, but I thought Diamond treatment was poor: no upgrade, no late check-out available and a very basic breakfast. Great location, but hotels are competitive in Barcelona and I would probably look elsewhere next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.