Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi Reserve Anniversary Certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone waited for a long time for this to come? I got an email on September 27 saying 6-8 weeks. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks and I haven't gotten a thing. Has anyone had to wait longer? Should I call them?

When I got the two nights for signup I actually got them pretty quickly, so I'm surprised it's taking so long now.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AnthonyF1227
Has anyone waited for a long time for this to come? I got an email on September 27 saying 6-8 weeks. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks and I haven't gotten a thing. Has anyone had to wait longer? Should I call them?

When I got the two nights for signup I actually got them pretty quickly, so I'm surprised it's taking so long now.
See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...e-card-33.html
There are reports that it takes up to 10 weeks.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:59 pm

i got the 6-8 weeks email but the certicate came in about 2 weeks.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Mine took 10 weeks; 6-8 weeks after close of statement.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:20 pm

deleted. post to the wrong place

Last edited by dingalpha; Dec 22, 2013 at 9:24 pm Reason: post wrong
Old May 2, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm still waiting, it's been 9-10 weeks since the anniversary date.
Old May 2, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
It's almost 9 weeks for me. If I remember correctly, last year was much sooner.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by wilp888
It's almost 9 weeks for me. If I remember correctly, last year was much sooner.
I've waited 12 weeks, (I called at 8 weeks marks, they said may take little longer). After 15 min wait, they asked me to wait another 2-3 weeks, I was not happy and asked them to expedite it, however, an email was received 2 days after with a validation code, so I don't expect to receive any mail.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The guy I talked to said he would like into it and call me back. He said it should only take 6-8 weeks.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:18 am

UPDATE: The Citi guy called me back and said there has been a "delay" and that I would get a certificate mailed to me from Hilton (he said it would be snail mail not email, I don't know if that's right)

Last edited by jphripjah; May 7, 2014 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
No Certificate

I paid the annual renewal fee on the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card in March, and still no certificate by June 2. I e-mailed a complaint to Citi after getting unhelpful phone help -- non-functional phone prompts and a representation who told me to "Call Hilton".
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I paid the annual renewal fee on the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card in March, and still no certificate by June 2. I e-mailed a complaint to Citi after getting unhelpful phone help -- non-functional phone prompts and a representation who told me to "Call Hilton".
This has been the dysfunctionality of the Citi/Hilton free night certificate award program from the beginning. You will find many FT member posts that indicate both Citi and Hilton blame each other when reached by telephone. I finally filed a complaint (false advertising practices) with the banking regulation authority that oversees credit card products (do a web search for the exact authority). Within four days, a Sr. CSR from Citi called me, she worked it all out with HHonors and corrected the problem.

The last time I had to deal with this issue, Citi stated that the electronic fulfillment notifications are sent to Hilton to post in our HHonrs accounts. Citi strongly believes the cause of our collective aggravation lies with Hilton and their IT department's inability to work out a seamless transfer.

Now that we have an official HHonors representative back on this forum, I suggest you reach out to them via PM. If you do, either you or the HHonors rep should report back to all of us...I'm due my next anniversary certificate next month...may have to go the regulator route again.

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Jun 3, 2014 at 7:40 pm
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:46 pm

I assume you met the 10K annual spending requirement as well as paid the annual fee?

Another thing to watch out with this card is the correct amount of bonus points posting after Hilton stays. As we all know its supposed to be 10 points per dollar. I've found on at least 3 occasions I only got the standard 3. Surprisingly, all it took me was a simple e-mail and things were straightened out.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by ben1233
I assume you met the 10K annual spending requirement as well as paid the annual fee?.
Yes, I spent way over $10k. My personal opinion is that because the free weekend night is promised by Citi, whom I pay the annual fee to, it's their job to fix it.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:51 pm

I was wrong

Yes, I spent way over $10k. My personal opinion is that because the free weekend night is promised by Citi, whom I pay the annual fee to, it's their job to fix it.
Apparently, Citi thinks Hilton has to fix it. Here is what Citi wrote back to me:

"We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

If you have not received your free night stay certificate after 6-8 weeks from your March Anniversary month, please contact Hilton HHonors for further assistance at 1-800-548-8690.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.