Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi Reserve Anniversary Certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Reserve Anniversary Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: DL Silver & HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by StangGT909
My first Citi purchase was 6/17/13. (Assume I signed up for the card a week before)

Cert was emailed today, 6/14/14. Pretty right on the 1 year mark.
Same here. I received my cert via email yesterday.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
I also revived my ecert via email a week after my anniversary of my card. Was pleasantly surprised as was expecting two months like a few other on here. Hopefully they've sorted out whatever bug that may have been the problem.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:51 am

Well congrats to all of you that are receiving this as promised. I was sent an email in March stating that I'd met the requirements and would have a certificate sent in 6-8 weeks. That time came and went and I sent an SM to Citi, to which I received a response saying that there was an "issue" and that the certificate couldn't be sent at that time. I waited 2 more weeks and then called Citi South Dakota, where I spoke to a CSR who said he would investigate it and call back within 2 days. He never called back.

Yesterday, I received a letter stating that there was an "issue" with processing certificates, that it couldn't be resolved in any proper manner, and that they'd let me know if they figured it out. So basically that they may or may not honor their own terms, and if they do decide to, it will be at their leisure. The kind of "customer service" that only an airline, hotel, or CC company could provide!

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I finally filed a complaint (false advertising practices) with the banking regulation authority that oversees credit card products (do a web search for the exact authority). Within four days, a Sr. CSR from Citi called me, she worked it all out with HHonors and corrected the problem.
Looks like this is probably the route I'll have to go down. Maybe I'll file the complaint from my HILTON hotel room this evening...

Last edited by arlflyer; Jun 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: aa
citibank and hilton both got me going in circles each telling me to call the other.I been waiting since march and havent received anything.Sending secured messages dont do anything but sends a generic response it seems.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Got my Cert!

Anthony, the HHonor ambassador here on FT, got me my overdue cert within a week of sending him a private message.^
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:37 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

After receiving several PMs about this, I flagged to our customer care teams and we took a closer look. Thanks to your help, we are aware of these issues and are working to get them resolved. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me and I can provide one-on-one assistance.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Got Reserve Card from Citi 06/13.
Made in excess of 10k spend during anniversary year.
Received free night certificate via email 06/21/14, from HHonors.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
After months of calling Citi and Hilton to no avail, we got the certificate! It was a few days after PMing Anthony. Thanks! {sigh of relief}
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:20 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ehallison
After months of calling Citi and Hilton to no avail, we got the certificate! It was a few days after PMing Anthony. Thanks! {sigh of relief}
Sigh of relief for me too Glad it was all worked out!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

After receiving several PMs about this, I flagged to our customer care teams and we took a closer look. Thanks to your help, we are aware of these issues and are working to get them resolved. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me and I can provide one-on-one assistance.

Thanks everyone!
I was in contact with Anthony by way of PM earlier this week, and I commend him for being active in his communication. However, I just got a call from someone in the "executive office" claiming he was "working on it". Well, how refreshing. Like Hilton corporate does not have the authority to just issue this stupid thing in good faith to a loyal customer and make this problem go away. Same old runaround. I informed him that he remained in breach of contract and to call me when he has a resolution. 4th or 5th person who has told me they are "working on it" in the last month. Incredible.

Three more paid Hilton nights coming up this weekend; looking for alternative options right now.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I was in contact with Anthony by way of PM earlier this week, and I commend him for being active in his communication. However, I just got a call from someone in the "executive office" claiming he was "working on it". Well, how refreshing. Like Hilton corporate does not have the authority to just issue this stupid thing in good faith to a loyal customer and make this problem go away. Same old runaround. I informed him that he remained in breach of contract and to call me when he has a resolution. 4th or 5th person who has told me they are "working on it" in the last month. Incredible.

Three more paid Hilton nights coming up this weekend; looking for alternative options right now.
If it helps, see post #12.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:11 pm

This was finally resolved about a week after making PM contact with Anthony here on FT. Much credit to him and his team, but unfortunate on the part of Hilton that these things have to require this sort of personal intervention. One individual is a rather small band-aid on what is clearly a systemic issue.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Count me as another one who is thankful for the intervention of Anthony and his team. My cert was issued less than a week after contacting Anthony via PM and dated that same day, so I have twelve full months to use it. ^
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by christianBA
I also revived my ecert via email a week after my anniversary of my card. Was pleasantly surprised as was expecting two months like a few other on here. Hopefully they've sorted out whatever bug that may have been the problem.
I'm not so fortunate. It's already 2 weeks past my anniversary date. I contacted Anthony and he gave me the "up to 8 weeks" line.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I'm not so fortunate. It's already 2 weeks past my anniversary date. I contacted Anthony and he gave me the "up to 8 weeks" line.
Now let's be reasonable here. The 8 weeks have been part of the T&C - that you agreed to when you signed up for the card - since the very beginning. Those of us who were complaining were doing so once this period had long passed - in my case it was about 3 months after the anniversary date. The rep here on FT isn't going to pour resources into doing better than advertised when he is busy putting out real fires elsewhere. Yes, sometimes with these things we get lucky and get the awards before the advertised date (due to accounting cycles, computer schedules, whatever), but I wouldn't expect the FT rep to bend over backwards to do you a favor.

C'mon, man!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.