Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln {GBR}

Thinking of spending a night or two there this week with family in a two room booking. Can't seem to find anything reported since it opened a year or two ago. Any news or reviews?

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Oct 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
how was your stay in the end?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Plans changed, so we never found out.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:40 am

fair play......ive stayed at the holliday inn next door and like the area.....I don't think this one has been here long.....may have to check it out sometime.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I'm interested in any recent experiences, stayed just after they opened, no way was I going to get any upgrade! I put it down to new staff/ new to HHonors.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I'm interested in any recent experiences, stayed just after they opened, no way was I going to get any upgrade! I put it down to new staff/ new to HHonors.
Can you remember what the parking arrangements were like?......secure, many spaces, etc?......many thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
The hotel car park is small, and was full. we used the multi-storey behind- it was something like Ł2.50 overnight (between 6pm and 8 am?), and then we stuck a few pound extra on in the morning which gave until check out. I think the hotel car park was about a tenner?
The glass lift is quite cool, and the area where it is with restaurants etc is quite nice, I think about 15 mins walk to the centre? Ask for a balcony room overlooking Brayford Pool (I think these are deluxe rooms), we didn't get an upgrade, there was no view at all from the room, although I do like Lincoln and the décor etc of the hotel was very nice. It is worth a trip.
Think I might have to go back and try it again- see how you get on!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
The hotel car park is small, and was full. we used the multi-storey behind- it was something like Ł2.50 overnight (between 6pm and 8 am?), and then we stuck a few pound extra on in the morning which gave until check out. I think the hotel car park was about a tenner?
The glass lift is quite cool, and the area where it is with restaurants etc is quite nice, I think about 15 mins walk to the centre? Ask for a balcony room overlooking Brayford Pool (I think these are deluxe rooms), we didn't get an upgrade, there was no view at all from the room, although I do like Lincoln and the décor etc of the hotel was very nice. It is worth a trip.
Think I might have to go back and try it again- see how you get on!
Thanks skimanant I appreciate your feedback - I thought it may have a small car park as I am fairly familiar with the area as I've played a few gigs in Lincoln .......the multi story behind, would you say in your opinion it was fairly secure?......without sounding pretentious, I drive a car that requires secure parking....sorry so many questions.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple of months and would definitely recommend it to anyone. I was upgraded to a very large corner suite on both occasions as a DM with chocolates, a bottle of wine, free upgraded Wifi and complimentary full breakfast. The location is quite nice on the Wharf and is a quick few minutes to High Street and a few dining options nearby. The decor is very modern and everything is quite fresh and clean. An oddity, for me at least, was having to fill out a "health form" to have access to the fitness center (screamed of CYA). I would instead recommend a run up to and around the lovely Lincoln Cathedral if you can manage the hill, it is simply superb and a great way to start the day. The food at breakfast was very good and their was an extensive selection to satisfy most anyone's tastes. Finally, I can't comment on the car park as I was using the train, which was a less then ten minute walk from station to the hotel.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:09 am

Arrived 1-45 pm here after a fairly good drive up from hilton wembley.......left luggage in car whilst I went for a poke around Lincoln ......lovely place very olde English , recommend a walk up to the cathedral ( very steep hill!)....... Got back and checked in around 3-45.....booked king deluxe with balcony and that is what I got ( no upgrade).......I am slightly disappointed with room as it overlooks the car park at the back, it's also only on the 2nd floor .....nothing wrong with the room itself it's very big and spotless , I can't really complain , I've had a good run of upgrades lately.....off to try the gym and may have dinner next door at chimichanga restaurant ....will see......of course I will report back later.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:19 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by wizla
I drive a car that requires secure parking....
I am slightly disappointed with room as it overlooks the car park at the back,
Sounds like a win win scenario to me

may have dinner next door at chimichanga restaurant ....will see......of course I will report back later.
If you are not familiar with Lincoln then its probably worth a drive down to Damon's http://www.damons.co.uk/ It's on the A46, the road that skirts around the city between the A15 and A1. It's American but their onion ring loaf is well worth binging on.

Happy travels wizla
Old May 3, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Sounds like a win win scenario to me :D

If you are not familiar with Lincoln then its probably worth a drive down to Damon's http://www.damons.co.uk/ It's on the A46, the road that skirts around the city between the A15 and A1. It's American but their onion ring loaf is well worth binging on.

Happy travels wizla
Happily agree about Damon's . Lincoln is a great city - was my late partners home place of birth . Many memories . The cathedral is amazing as are the folks !

I stayed in a Marina suite - received a bottle of fizz and the bathroom was amazing . Housekeeping standards were poor as was the breakfast service and options .

Was promised same suite when I return !

Give my regards to my adopted home town
Old May 3, 2015, 11:59 am

Thanks guys.......yeah I'm a fan of chimichanga and I think that's where I will head......I don't really want to move my car as the car park is now full, may not get back in......also I want to have a few proseccos......yes it's a great place!.....I loved the cathedral and little shops around it......just after I checked in I was on the balcony having a tea and this huge storm rolled in, watching the Lightning over the castle and cathedral was quite a treat as the balcony is covered.........much fun!.
I went to the gym on floor 3 , it's quite basic but all the equipment is new....worked well.
Now getting ready to have a wander along wharf and have dinner.....will report back.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:29 pm

Went to chimichanga , half full........nice Mexican food.....I also got two free drinks vouchers at check in so I went to the sky bar to have a couple of beers......it was ok, nothing special and although busy there was not much atmosphere......brought the beers back and had them on my own balcony...now gonna retire.....report back after breakfast.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:20 am

Well all in all a good solid hotel.........breakfast was very good, hot and tasty , the breakfast room on the top floor is good too with views towards the city.........be aware it's an 11am checkout here though.......check out was smooth.
I recommend this hotel and Lincoln as a great little weekend retreat.....I'm thinking of coming back next bank hol.

Edit - Parking is Ł10 and is limited to 40 spaces.....get there early!

Last edited by wizla; May 4, 2015 at 8:22 am Reason: Addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.