Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lincoln {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Back again......arrived 1pm, room not ready but upgraded from king deluxe to king suite with balcony over the quayside......it's amazing !........huge living room , huge bedroom and huge bathroom!.......got bottle of wine , usual cookies , two drink vouchers and box of chocs......beautiful eve, gonna have a glass of wine on balcony and watch the sunset......did use gym for a run.....it's fine .......will report back!
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 am

Ok.......slept well, very quiet part of hotel ..........Im in room 101 and I would recommend requesting this room for future stays, as said before plenty of restaurants along quayside here , I went to "ASK" ( Italian food) it was ok but nothing special ......do really like the balcony over the quayside , nice touch!.....gonna go for a run , then breakfast ......will report back!
Old May 25, 2015, 12:34 pm

Well....I loved my stay here!.....breakfast was very good indeed?....Lincolnshire sausages and field mushrooms !.......very tasty.....managed to get a window seat with views over Lincoln ( breakfast room is on top floor)......the coffee is very good too!......... Swift check out .....parking £10 ......will come back sometime!.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:18 am

Pre upgraded to Marina Balcony Suite from deluxe room booked .

Arrived early and maintenance in room so decided to make the most of the late summer sunshine .

Lincoln is busy as students have arrived - did some exploring of the tea shops on The Strait by the Catherdral - recommend Belle's !

Arrived back and maintenance just finishing in the room .

Given 4 (!) cocktail vouchers for the bar and offered a handful of cookies (!)

Suite facing the Holiday Inn so maybe quieter though I think the students have fresher week !

Small box of chocs and half size bottle of red in suite as well .

Maintenance has left a used wet towel in the bathroom and housekeeping isn't really 100% - this has been a common experience on my stays here - nothing major but hairs are a real pet hate of mine !!!

Will be testing the wonderful bar later ...
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Pre upgraded to Marina Balcony Suite from deluxe room booked .

Arrived early and maintenance in room so decided to make the most of the late summer sunshine .

Lincoln is busy as students have arrived - did some exploring of the tea shops on The Strait by the Catherdral - recommend Belle's !

Arrived back and maintenance just finishing in the room .

Given 4 (!) cocktail vouchers for the bar and offered a handful of cookies (!)

Suite facing the Holiday Inn so maybe quieter though I think the students have fresher week !

Small box of chocs and half size bottle of red in suite as well .

Maintenance has left a used wet towel in the bathroom and housekeeping isn't really 100% - this has been a common experience on my stays here - nothing major but hairs are a real pet hate of mine !!!

Will be testing the wonderful bar later ...
Nice one mate, I like that hotel, I was in room 101 when I stayed and loved it.....bar is nice too especially when 4 vouchers in hand.....have fun!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:33 am

Arrived to hotel at 12.30pm - preupgraded to 301 Balcony Marina Suite .

Wonderful friendly professional welcome - suite not ready (I'm early)
Bag stored , cookie and cocktail voucher promised later on check in.
Welcomed back and thanks for being a Diamond .

Lincoln busy with students - went for two hour walk (!) sampled local eatery rhubarb crumble to assist said exercise lol

Evening cocktails at Electric Bar on the 5th - it's very busy at 7pm but our cocktails bought to our party - bartender remembers my preferred cocktail from my last visit (!) great service and cocktails .

Bottle of red and mini chocs in room and strawberries .

Lots of toiletries including mouthwash - why don't all Doubletrees stock this ?
Shower pressure is amazing though they've added an attachment which makes the wand restricted .

Breakfast quiet at 7am - service is excellent .

Good choice of cold and hot food (though the fried eggs look like dog rubber squeaky toys !)

Fruit though is tinned (mandarins and peaches)
Still stock Wilkins preserves .

Overall great staff , location and city .
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I'm glad its obvious things are much more sorted here now, with some great upgrades. I stayed just after it opened and received nothing- no upgrade, no welcome gift, room with multi-storey view, not even breakfast complimentary; despite protestations. So I have never returned. Perhaps I should give it another chance, Lincoln is a nice place to explore.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I'm glad its obvious things are much more sorted here now, with some great upgrades. I stayed just after it opened and received nothing- no upgrade, no welcome gift, room with multi-storey view, not even breakfast complimentary; despite protestations. So I have never returned. Perhaps I should give it another chance, Lincoln is a nice place to explore.
I love Lincoln......you can get a boat trip from the quayside in front of doubletree.......this looks great and I'm gonna try this in the summer, apparently it goes to a little pub about half hour up the river......im curious , sounds fun.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
We ventured back and a mixed stay. Travelled by train, an easy walk from the station.

Upgraded to deluxe room. Was at the back of the hotel on second floor. Good size room, with sofa, but a little beat noise from the nightclub along the street. One towel was dirty, one set of toiletries ( 2 is useful), and the large mirror was chipped/ did not light up in the bathroom. Did get robes/ slippers, the robes were very nice and overall the room was quite narrow but long and good.
Welcome amenity I am told is now 2 drinks vouchers (which we got, and includes a mixer/ spirit and any bottled drink). I did specifically ask about chocolates/ wine/ welcome amenity and was told they have stopped. Not the end of the world, and we were not in the hotel for that long. The bed was comfortable, but overall the long room was a little dark and needed the lights on.
Breakfast was very disappointing. First we had to wait to be seated. There was no queue, it was quiet (about 8.30), and staff were chatting. As we moved to seat ourselves one of the chatting staff rushed over to check our room. Coffee is now from a machine. There was no choice of eggs to order, and no items other than the buffet- so no waffles, omelettes etc. Bit limited overall.
Asked for a later checkout (thinking we could leave bags in the room), and was told check out was 11.00. We checked out and used our drinks vouchers in the bar upstairs.
Overall, nothing wrong, but a bit mediocre. Did get room upgrade, breakfast, water in room, a drink voucher each which is all good; but nothing wowed me overall.
Lincoln is a nice city to visit, not too much to do, but worth a visit. Still prefer Cambridge though!
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:40 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm here now. Booked King regular, got a non-upgrade to King superior. Rate was a bit higher than I'd like but I have 4 Amex offers to use and I kept deciding to postpone the stay because of the crappy weather in the first half of July.

The hotel is a long thin building, and reading the previous posts, I didn't know sure which room to choose. Was only offered rooms at the back half of the building and this didn't change by 2pm of check-in day. Satellite view shows that west-facing rooms at the back may face directly into the building next door, so I decided to go for east-facing, which was overlooking the Holiday Inn carpark (as mentioned by wizla some years back) but at least it's not another window right in your face.

The hotel car park is now £12, it is barriered and under the building beyond the hotel lobby. A notice on the barriers says that if all spaces are taken, you can stay free for 15 minutes to unload your luggage. I parked on Newland Street West which is free from 6pm to 8am, there are about 5 spaces which are free from 4pm to 10am and l managed to snag one of these. It was actually closer to the hotel than the Lucy Tower multi-story parking.

Cookies are back and got 2 drinks vouchers too which were good for pretty much anything. 2 bottles of water in room.

Lots of plugs and USB sockets but no fridge.

Bed is comfortable, pillows are huge, bathrobes and slippers in room. The window is one of those narrow ceiling to floor ones, not openable. Air con works well but there is a very bright green light when it's on which is very annoying at night, only avoidable by turning to face away as I forgot to bring my duct tape.

Voluntary mask usage is very variable, sometimes almost everyone is wearing and other times nobody is. I've decided that I will wear one if other people nearby are, but it's hard to tell what is going to be the case.

Bathroom has a handheld and rain shower, sink has poor water flow and the fittings are covered with limescale.

Bar and restaurant are on the top floor. Self-serve buffet is back for breakfast, good quality of food and service.
NoY, oxfordjames, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by :D!
I'm here now. Booked King regular, got a non-upgrade to King superior. Rate was a bit higher than I'd like but I have 4 Amex offers to use and I kept deciding to postpone the stay because of the crappy weather in the first half of July.

The hotel is a long thin building, and reading the previous posts, I didn't know sure which room to choose. Was only offered rooms at the back half of the building and this didn't change by 2pm of check-in day. Satellite view shows that west-facing rooms at the back may face directly into the building next door, so I decided to go for east-facing, which was overlooking the Holiday Inn carpark (as mentioned by wizla some years back) but at least it's not another window right in your face.

The hotel car park is now £12, it is barriered and under the building beyond the hotel lobby. A notice on the barriers says that if all spaces are taken, you can stay free for 15 minutes to unload your luggage. I parked on Newland Street West which is free from 6pm to 8am, there are about 5 spaces which are free from 4pm to 10am and l managed to snag one of these. It was actually closer to the hotel than the Lucy Tower multi-story parking.

Cookies are back and got 2 drinks vouchers too which were good for pretty much anything. 2 bottles of water in room.

Lots of plugs and USB sockets but no fridge.

Bed is comfortable, pillows are huge, bathrobes and slippers in room. The window is one of those narrow ceiling to floor ones, not openable. Air con works well but there is a very bright green light when it's on which is very annoying at night, only avoidable by turning to face away as I forgot to bring my duct tape.

Voluntary mask usage is very variable, sometimes almost everyone is wearing and other times nobody is. I've decided that I will wear one if other people nearby are, but it's hard to tell what is going to be the case.

Bathroom has a handheld and rain shower, sink has poor water flow and the fittings are covered with limescale.

Bar and restaurant are on the top floor. Self-serve buffet is back for breakfast, good quality of food and service.
This was another one I looked at for last Thursdays stay too ( as you know I chose Hampton Corby in the end ), I have some great memories of this place , looking back at my reviews made me smile, thanks for the update I enjoyed reading this.
:D! and oxfordjames like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.