Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites > stay a night get Callaway Wedge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Does it say "limited to one per HH account?" I do not see that. Thanks for the post.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Does it say "limited to one per HH account?" I do not see that. Thanks for the post.
I see no limiting language on any of the term pages....

I will probably adjust one stay (MVP rate or the Kellogg's $20 grocery rate). The minor concerns I have are the "limited supplies" and the fact the promo started over a month ago (Sept 12).

If the offer is limited to one per account/household, I might receive a wedge....if it is unlimited, maybe not??? (I will have to wait and find out)....

Either way, thanks to blitzen for the post.^
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
They ran a similar promo a few years ago and it was limited to one per account.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by poker9ite
Man I wish I had seen this last week. Just spent 5 days ant an ES. According to the T&C it does not say I must register before I check in. Most Hilton Promo's say that. I know it's a reach but maybe I will still get it.
I just had a stay last night too...I'll give it a shot. I didn't see anything about registering before the promotion either...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Has anyone received the wedge selection email yet? How about the wedge itself?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:50 pm

got the email. wedge on the way
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
I got the email about 7 days after the stay and the wedge is on it's way to arrive on Tuesday.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:57 pm

Today is the 13th day since my Embassy Suites stay.

No email.

Any tips on who to contact?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:23 pm

I clicked the link, and it says that the offer has expired. I just stayed at an Embassy this weekend for two nights.

Is there a number I can call and request to see if there are any more wedges?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:05 pm

Just got the confirmation email yesterday...three weeks to the day after checking out of an Embassy Suites.

Email said "You can expect your gift to ship within 4-6 weeks."

Got shipping confirmation and a tracking number today. Pleasant surprise!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
I got my email yesterday from a stay on 11/5 with the message "Unfortunately, due to overwhelming demand, the Embassy Suites “Suite Wedge” promotion is no longer available."
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: AA:Platinum, HH:Diamond, SPG:Gold, Hertz:FS
I stayed at the Embassy Suites DFW South, basically just for this. Hopefully I get the confirmation email soon. That hotel was a dump.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Shot myself in the foot. Just got an email that the promo is no more > just before my stay beginning of December
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
Shot myself in the foot. Just got an email that the promo is no more > just before my stay beginning of December
Likewise. Got the same e-mail with a stay scheduled next Tuesday night. Not sure that there was language in the promo offer that said they reserved the right to cancel the promotion at any time. It clearly said available until ______. Called the diamond desk this morning. CSR very apologetic and said that ES had no intention of cancelling the promotion but it was getting out of hand with the number of people who had signed up and completed it. After voicing frustration about this, was offered some points. Still not the same as having the wedge and as a result, I will not stay in an ES in the near future if I can avoid it. I see this as a promotion that may shoot themselves in the foot by shutting it down! Maybe they should've thought a bit more about this decision first!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:56 am

I was one of the lucky ones. My wedge arrived Monday evening.

I love to see the business plan for this promotion.

The wedges retail for $119. Wholesale cost is, at most, probably half of that.

So for a $120-$140 night stay in a hotel, ES is giving you a $60 reward.

My best estimate is that, start to close, this promotion was just under 8 weeks in length. I wonder what ES's intention or planned duration was. I wonder how many wedges they had on-hand to give away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.