FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   More Nights, More Points 4th quarter 2013 Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1506295-more-nights-more-points-4th-quarter-2013-promotion.html)

SimpleManToo Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

More Nights, More Points 4th quarter 2013 Promotion

Here is the official Hilton 4th Quarter Promotion.

Earn regular points (no bonuses) for one night stays, double points for stays of two nights, triple points for stays of three nights, and quadruple points for stays of four nights or longer.

Does this promotion sound familar??? The unfortunate thing for me is that my company has asked us to cut back travel for the 4th quarter plus with the point requirement of Aspirational Properties, I would need a lot of Three or Four night stays.

AnthonyF1227 Sep 25, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm going to be taking a 7 day trip, so this is good news. More points to the honeymoon fund.

troyintn Sep 25, 2013 7:18 pm

If this is actually the case the timing works out great for me. Since I will be doing a week at time for the rest of the year versus two cities per week.

holtju2 Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

This is already discussed on the Q4 Promo Speculation thread.

The valid dates are from October 10 to January 31, 2014. I have the info up here.

wads Sep 25, 2013 8:48 pm

where are the Q3FN's

ok, this program officially sucks, FT has trained me to only stay one night in a hotel....... ever. I don't know how to stay 2 nights.

ok, sounds like i will be maxing the marriott, and holiday inn promos while i am at it.

wads

skywalkerLAX Sep 26, 2013 1:06 am

Originally Posted by wads (Post 21506303)
ok, this program officially sucks, FT has trained me to only stay one night in a hotel....... ever. I don't know how to stay 2 nights.

ok, sounds like i will be maxing the marriott, and holiday inn promos while i am at it.

wads

Well if you are somebody who qualifies through single night stays that is certainly not a good thing... but for those who are running regular stays it's not a bad promo.

c.l.i.a Sep 26, 2013 1:21 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 21507091)
Well if you are somebody who qualifies through single night stays that is certainly not a good thing... but for those who are running regular stays it's not a bad promo.

I am working on my Diamond status for 2014 by hopping from hotel to hotel. So now, I have to decide whether I should pick get more point with Gold status in 2014 vs. get Diamond status in 2014 with less point earned. I will have at least 2 trips and will reconsider all the facts to see if I can balance the point and status. :confused:

BrlDsguise Sep 26, 2013 4:07 am

Quad points + Points & Points + Diamond Bonus + Surpass = 62 Points per dollar.

craigthemif Sep 26, 2013 4:45 am

Wow. It's hard to imagine a promotion so bad that it makes me cancel my existing Hilton bookings to move to other chains. But this one does it!

Great for people who stay in the same place Monday to Friday, horrible for pretty much everybody else. IHG, SPG, Marriott will be getting my autumn business...

gypsyinabigtown Sep 26, 2013 9:13 am

This is one of the best promos I've seen in any hotel chain for a long time. I typically have 7-9 nights stays, so it fits my stay pattern perfectly.

Particularly the 4x bonus is surreal, esp. when you think it yields 62 points when combined with Surpass: It means someone staying in a Category 3 hotel like DT Bangkok and spending $120/night will get 3 free nights for every 8 nights stay. A whopping %38 yield on money spent.
(120 X 8 X 62 = 59,520)

Still, I reserve my final judgment until I see the exclusions list, as I fear that such a kick-... promotion may get tons of properties opting out.

Miesque Sep 26, 2013 9:16 am

Sucks that it doesn't start until the 10th as I have a four night Conrad New York stay next weekend.

y2han Sep 26, 2013 9:27 am

More Nights, More Points 4th quarter 2013 Promotion

sux i have a two nights stay in LA Oct 8-10

vatali Sep 26, 2013 9:49 am

Woot! I got stays every other week M-F through the end of the year, at 159 a night. points galore!

Skimanant Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

Not a good promo for me at all, looks like CP for my one nighters, especially with the big win promo, for this quarter.

Bring back the Q4FN!

wjnelson04 Sep 26, 2013 9:55 am

Beginning of October Stay

So I have a stay in NYC for 4 nights starting on Oct 3. My total for the stay is over $1,500.00 and would love to get quad points on that......Any ideas? Any way if your a diamond member they would let you qualify for this early as it seems there is no promotion from Oct 1st-Oct 10th.

Thanks