Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

More Nights, More Points 4th quarter 2013 Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
2013/2014 ‘More Nights, More Points’ Promotion Info

What is the promotion?
Members who register and complete an eligible stay at participating Hilton HHonors hotels and resorts will earn their standard HHonors Base Points plus:

“Double Points” on stays of 2 consecutive nights,
“Triple Points” on stays of 3 consecutive nights, or
“Quadruple Points” on stays of 4 or more consecutive nights

Members staying 1 night will receive their standard Base Points and additional Bonus Points will not be earned through the More Nights, More Points promotion.

Promotion Period: October 10, 2013 – January 31, 2014

Link to the promotion: http://www.hhonors.com/more

What is an eligible stay?
An eligible stay is defined in the HHonors Terms & Conditions under Accrual of Points number 3. Click the link below to read more http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points

What type of points will HHonors members be issued for this promotion?
Members will have the opportunity to earn Bonus Points. Standard HHonors Terms and Conditions apply. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that can be earned during the Promotion Period.

What does Double, Triple and Quadruple Points mean?
* "Double Points" mean you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned on eligible stays of 2 consecutive nights.

* "Triple Points" means you will receive a bonus equal to twice the number of Base Points earned on eligible stays of 3 consecutive nights.

* “Quadruple Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to three-times the number of Base Points earned on eligible stays of 4 or more consecutive nights.

Notes:
* Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification
* Standard cap of 100,000 base points per stay applies except for Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf Astoria) hotels for which there is no cap (see above link for Terms & Conditions - Accrual of Points number 10)

Useful Links
Link to FAQ: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...q-english.html

Link to non-participating hotels: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html

Please update this wiki with the latest relevant info or to correct any mistakes. Thanks. ^
Print Wikipost

More Nights, More Points 4th quarter 2013 Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
DT Bangkok

I'm thinking about a 4 night stay at the Doubletree Bangkok. Rate is $133 per night and I will be paying with an AMEX Surpass card. I am also a Diamond member. How many points will I earn? Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by bajong
I'm thinking about a 4 night stay at the Doubletree Bangkok. Rate is $133 per night and I will be paying with an AMEX Surpass card. I am also a Diamond member. How many points will I earn? Thanks for your help.
You will pay foreign exchange fee.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
Let me see if I understand this ...

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
110+ for me.

Welcome to FT Clemfan.
During a promotion period that lasts 114 days you will spend at least 110 of those days in a Hilton hotel? I have a hard time believing this to be true.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Garina
I received next email on my question about Q4 today
Which is in direct contrast to what they told me.....
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by sundevils
During a promotion period that lasts 114 days you will spend at least 110 of those days in a Hilton hotel? I have a hard time believing this to be true.
Not at all. He didn't say he was paying for his stay. Phil sneaks in the back door (via the kitchen where he stops for a snack on both the way in and the way out, you sneaky bugger you) and sleeps beside the backup generator in the basement

Just kidding!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Does this mean no chance of a repeat of last year's 40% off sale?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:56 pm

You'll be lucky
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:00 pm
In Memoriam

Kinda new around here and you want to start by questioning people's statements?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by bajong
I believe a Gold paying with Surpass earns 59.5 points/$ and a Diamond paying with Surpass will earn 62 points/$.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

Spoke to GM and asked why the opt-out for the new promotion. He said the occupancy rate is 94% and doesn't think it will drop appreciably if he opts-out. Said that purchasing the points from Hilton is ~$20K/month. Said he is surprised that more places aren't opting out.
Wonder if he can pay that with a Surpass card?

A quarter-million points a month is not to be ignored.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tcollins33
While the opt-out list is still rather large, it doesn't seem as lengthy as it has been in the past.
Beware, the list may not be complete yet as the promotion hasn't yet been officially announced. I am hoping it stands!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:37 am

Oh. Have you ever known it to expand just before a promo? It would be rather backhanded to post a link to a list then edit it after the fact.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know when this Promo is finally official? I just signed in and its not being reflected as a potential offer.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I had the same issue, the promo not showing up. I called diamond desk and they enrolled me, but couldn't tell me where I would see the enrollment online.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by NickW
They stack, but the bonus multipliers are additive. So if you have a 4x (+3x bonus points) promo and a 2x (+1x bonus points) rate, the total is 5x (+4x bonus points) rather than 8x.

So leaving aside status, credit cards, etc. $15 in rate difference to gain an extra 1x bonus only return 750 points.
My 1280 HH point total was based off of the $128 rate x 10 HH points earned per dollar spent. Where did you come up with 750? Sorry if I missed something.

So I'm paying just a tad over a penny a point. As MichaelColey points out, the real question is if that's high or normal/acceptable. Not sure if Hilton uses the same % calculations when determining these rates (for a reg. room vs. 2x points res.) Again, the buy-in here is minimal but the point return, due to the low price paid is minimal as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.