Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Team Members - Questions & Experiences" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on - or + box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

In the "Corporate Account" box type (see cblaisd below)

For MVP: Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262. For HGI and Hilton 1135262

For Team USA: 0002635191; 2635167 for some
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hilton Team Members - Questions & Experiences" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Just out of interest —.what does MVP stand for, exactly?

Sorry if I'm digging up graves here!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:19 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...?highlight=MVP
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:21 pm

Hilton Team Travel Program Question

Hey everyone! I work at Embassy Suites and I am moving soon to Pennsylvania. I want to use the travel rewards program for hotels because I am driving across the states and will need a few hotels. However, will I still be entitled to using them if I am technically using my last two weeks as vacation and then quitting? I have already applied to a JHilton in PA for three positions and am waiting for response. Let me know if anyone has any idea on how this would work. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You should ask your hotel or personnel manager. It won't matter what we say. Also see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...assport-2.html
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:30 pm

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Hilton Team Member's 30 nights

As the lucky friend of a Hilton Team Member, I am aware that the Team Member can access:
  • 30 nights per calendar year at the Team Member Rate, and
  • a further 30 nights at Friends & Family Rate which can be used by the Team Member or nominated Friends & Family.

Please can anyone answer the following?:
  • Where can the Team Member see the total number of remaining nights available?
  • Can the nominated Friends & Family see how many nights they have used?
  • If 29 Team Member nights and 30 Friends & Family nights have been used up and the Team Member wants to book himself a night which is only available at Friends & Family rate, is this possible?

Thank you
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IwantaPorsche
As the lucky friend of a Hilton Team Member, I am aware that the Team Member can access:
  • 30 nights per calendar year at the Team Member Rate, and
  • a further 30 nights at Friends & Family Rate which can be used by the Team Member or nominated Friends & Family.

Please can anyone answer the following?:
  • Where can the Team Member see the total number of remaining nights available?
  • Can the nominated Friends & Family see how many nights they have used?
  • If 29 Team Member nights and 30 Friends & Family nights have been used up and the Team Member wants to book himself a night which is only available at Friends & Family rate, is this possible?

Thank you
You should ask your Team Member friend, they will have the answers. If for some reason they don't, the team member can ask their supervisor or a member of personnel or management at the hotel they work at.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You should ask your Team Member friend, they will have the answers. If for some reason they don't, the team member can ask their supervisor or a member of personnel or management at the hotel they work at.
Thanks - it's a small hotel and the Team Member doesn't know the answers and believes that no-one else at the hotel will either.

I recently used the F&F rate at a different hotel, booked correctly in my own name, and there was some confusion at check-in about how I had been able to book the special rate and whether it was above board. I think this is because the scheme recently changed from one where the Team Member's hotel had to sign something.

Last edited by IwantaPorsche; Oct 19, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:31 am

Requested info shouldn't be posted here.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is this Hilton Team Member thing of which you talk about. Been staying at Hiltons since 1997 and never heard of it. If it is some internal thing for employees only it should not be talked about here. If it is something anyone can be a part of, talk away.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: HH D
The Hilton Team Member thing is available to all employees at Hilton Worldwide corporate offices and its owned and managed properties. It is also available to hotel owners in the Owners Recognition Club and employees of franchisees who work on property at independently owned and operated franchised properties in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would say this is relevant to the FT forum. I am in the RE business, and wasn't aware of this, but I know some close business contacts/friends who own Hilton's, so I may ask them about any excess days they have that I could use. Thanks OP.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also see:
https://secure3.hilton.com/en/tm/tra...ogramguide.htm
As noted before the team member should contact his/her supervisor if they have further questions.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:05 pm

Thank you. The Team Member is reluctant to put other staff to extra work in answering what are relatively unimportant questions. Usually experts on forums such as this one are better-placed to discuss intricacies of programs/promotions than individuals at hotels.

Assuming this thread doesn't breach any forum or Hilton rules, hopefully someone here will post with further insights.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IwantaPorsche
Thank you. The Team Member is reluctant to put other staff to extra work in answering what are relatively unimportant questions. Usually experts on forums such as this one are better-placed to discuss intricacies of programs/promotions than individuals at hotels.

Assuming this thread doesn't breach any forum or Hilton rules, hopefully someone here will post with further insights.
Well, then the team member should follow the directions in the link I provided, "Who do I contact with questions?" or the team member should sign into their account here:
https://onqinsider.hilton.com/Inside...bby.hilton.com
Don't have a Lobby User ID yet? Contact your manager or Identity Management (IDM) Property Administrator for help.
The team member needs to be able to access their account and will need to go through their property to obtain access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.