Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Arrow Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa {US-NV}

Former Ravelle Resort, http://www.ravellavegas.com, set to become the Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort and Hotel in June.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nev...KHF/index.html
Old Mar 24, 2013, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not bad - IIRC that's a former RC
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for that colpuck!^

Looks like a very nice hotel ( a bit far off the strip but it look like it has a shuttle service)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Very interesting, thanks.

Have another trade show in September, could be the perfect answer. Will have to see what rates are like and if they charge a resort fee!?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tkflyer
Very interesting, thanks.

Have another trade show in September, could be the perfect answer. Will have to see what rates are like and if they charge a resort fee!?
Since the Ravelle charges a Resort Fee ($24+) per day, as does The Westin next door Id be very surprised if they didnt as a Hilton
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Not close though.
I quite liked the drive to the "new" Westin Lakes though

Renting cars in Vegas is a good option so if you've got a car won't be too bad

No car? Mmmm - would immagine this to be too much of a trek
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I stayed there once for a conference when it was a Ritz. Nice facility but isolated. Certainly as nice as other Hiltons.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Maybe this property will designated as a category 2, 0, 1 or 3, to acknowledge loyal elites who gambled on HHonors many years ago, not realizing they will be fleeced in 2013.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Opened as Category 6.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
$22.00 a day resort fee.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I was invited to stay in the Ritz-Carlton Suite (one of the two "penthouse" suites) not long after the RC first opened. I thought it was a really nice property, with beautiful lake views from balconies, and top-notch staff, but I can't imagine why anyone would stay that far away unless there was something specific to attend to at Lake Las Vegas.

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Not close though.
I quite liked the drive to the "new" Westin Lakes though

Renting cars in Vegas is a good option so if you've got a car won't be too bad

No car? Mmmm - would immagine this to be too much of a trek
Even with a car, this is quite a trek for Vegas.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Anyone on here tried this place out yet since it opened as a Hilton? Is it as beautiful as the ex-Ritz Carlton name and photos would have one believe and how do they treat elites? I have a trip to Vegas coming up next year and it seems an interesting alternative to the more centrally located properties.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 98h524
Anyone on here tried this place out yet since it opened as a Hilton? Is it as beautiful as the ex-Ritz Carlton name and photos would have one believe and how do they treat elites? I have a trip to Vegas coming up next year and it seems an interesting alternative to the more centrally located properties.
See gengar's June 17th post right above yours.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:28 am

We just came back from a reward stay here. The normal points for a standard room is 50k per night, but we got the premium reward lake view room for 37.5k per night. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a corner suite as diamond.

Resort fee is $22/day which includes just about everything that Diamond normally gets for free except for room upgrade and free breakfast. Breakfast vouchers are good for the full buffet (hot and cold) which is about average compare to other US Hilton hotels. The suite is very nice with great views. I think the living room could use more furniture; it seems a bit empty. It has 1.5 bath which is nice. The bed is a little too firm for us, but not bad. We were up on the 7th floor (8th floor total) and the balcony off the bedroom has a nice view of both the pool and the lake. On our way to the pool, we walked past some rooms on the ground floor, and you really don't want to get those rooms. Not only do people could see into your room when they walk to the pool, your view out is blocked by the huge event tent between your room and the lake.

The hotel and the area around are very nice. The hotel is like a ghost resort with about 10% occupancy at the most. It is really strange when you are walking in this huge resort and you feel like you are alone most of the time. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome for us as we were trying to get away from the crowd, but it is by far the emptiest hotel we have ever been to. With the amount of guests, I have no idea how they could pay for the electric bill. On every floor, there are like 8 lights every 10 feet that are on 24 hours/7. There are lights everywhere fully lit even during the day. There is a huge water fall pumping water from the lake and into the lagoon 24 hours/7. The huge pool is heated with no one swimming in it. The only time I saw someone swimming in it was the lifeguard when they change shift.

The layout of the hotel is a bit confusing. Once you enter the hotel from the self parking, there is really no sign pointing you to the lobby or elevator to the room. You kind of have to find your way to the rooms. The signs to the room is also very confusing as there are missing room numbers. Normally a hotel this size would have signs to Lobby or Pool everywhere, but this one you really need the map they gave your during check in or just explore the passage ways yourself.

The resort fee includes free shuttle service to the strip (MGM) every 2 hours. It will also pick you up, but the last shuttle back was before midnight. It is about 18 miles to the strip and it takes me about 25 to 35 minutes to drive there depending on traffic.

I wouldn't recommend someone to stay here if they are going to Vegas for Vegas. You just won't get the Vegas vibe here. But for people who had been to Vegas dozen of times, it is a nice change. It is great for a romantic getaway enjoy a quiet afternoon at the pool and could still visit the strip for dinner and show at night.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:09 am

I just checked my hotel receipt online and my credit card account. Neither of them show the $22/day resort fee! I got charges for other things like breakfast tips, but no resort fee for the 3 nights. I am not sure if it is a hotel mistake or unannounced Diamond benefit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.