Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The sweet spots in the new devaluation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The sweet spots in the new devaluation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Heres one for the UK heads - Hampton corby.....Its always 5k per night and is a nice hotel.
But it's in Corby....does it come with a trouser press?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Heres one for the UK heads - Hampton corby.....Its always 5k per night and is a nice hotel.
Corby has some great hotel facts listed

Hotel Facts
•Located 90 minutes by train from London
•Part of Rockingham Leisure Park development
•Near popular cultural and entertainment attractions
•88 guest rooms and accessible rooms
•Flexible event space and business center
•100% Hampton by Hilton™ Guarantee
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Originally Posted by kempis
Doubletree Beijing is Cat 1
No. It is cat.2, 10K pts/night, still great deal.
Stayed there 7 nights mid Sept., one night free.
6x10K, but they only charged me 59K pts.
(almost covered by 1 citi Hilton cc churn!!!)
Great panoramic view 19th floor & got free wifi signal!
(am only Silver Level)

As to accuracy of cat. level list, always double-check
via pay-with-pts. reservation.

Last edited by TravelPhotographer; Oct 26, 2013 at 4:42 am
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Doubletree Bratislava

I can recommend the Doubletree Bratislava.
Category 2.
It is a very smart and modern hotel with big rooms.
It by far exceeded my expectations of a category 2 hotel; almost seems a mistake.
When I booked a reward stay for this August you could get deluxe rooms for the same point price as standard rooms. And the deluxe rooms are really nice - very big rooms with sofa, armchair and table. Lots of storage space.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:29 pm

I'm glad my hawaiian miles still have some use. bookmarking this thread...
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
After reading through the chart for an hour, it seems that only the Doubletree Beijing, the Doubletree Kuala Lumpur and the Hilton Los Cabos are the only values for my travel needs.

Thought time would make it easier but looking back on the pre-devalued Conrad Maldives and Ko Samui trips that I booked on AXON awards, it's only harder...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by chubbuni13
After reading through the chart for an hour, it seems that only the Doubletree Beijing, the Doubletree Kuala Lumpur and the Hilton Los Cabos are the only values for my travel needs.

Thought time would make it easier but looking back on the pre-devalued Conrad Maldives and Ko Samui trips that I booked on AXON awards, it's only harder...
Given the tax and service charge the Hilton Los Cabos looks like a fantastic value, but I agree there aren't really many "home runs" on the new list. Plenty of decent values but nothing amazing.

Personally I'm having a hard time getting excited about beach stays after my 11 nights at the Conrad Maldives using the pre-devaluation rates. Everything else is just sub-par and I can't afford the Maldives a second time
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Originally Posted by vxmike
Given the tax and service charge the Hilton Los Cabos looks like a fantastic value, but I agree there aren't really many "home runs" on the new list. Plenty of decent values but nothing amazing.

Personally I'm having a hard time getting excited about beach stays after my 11 nights at the Conrad Maldives using the pre-devaluation rates. Everything else is just sub-par and I can't afford the Maldives a second time
Nicely done! Yeah, that's going to be a hard act to follow.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
There seems to be pretty good availability for Conrad Macao at 40K points. The rack fully refundable rate is around $340 USD. That's .85 cents per HH point, probably nearly as good as you get post-devaluation.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
To me the "bright" spots in the new world are:

Category 10: 38k plus $200 co-pay. Probably best option for Conrad Maldives etc

WA Park City: 50k per night (or 40k per night in multiples of 5 nights) from April on. Spring break skiing

Have not seen maldives come up for C+P, although conrad koh samui does seem to come up pretty often cor C+P making it nearly 2.7 cpp depending on the date
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Conrad Istanbul
Booked for 5 nights at 24,000 points/night (120,000) for a Bosphorus view room that would cost $400 per night with breakfast.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kmwjes
Conrad Istanbul
Booked for 5 nights at 24,000 points/night (120,000) for a Bosphorus view room that would cost $400 per night with breakfast.
Shouldn't you get the 5th night free, so only use 96k points?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
The tipoff here is that Hilton uses multiples of 5K & 10K for std award night costs. None of the 10 categories has an award level at 24K (or even 25K) for a single night.

Presumably the booking is 30k/night -- consistent with the property's cat 5 designation (ergo std awards at 30K off-peak/40K peak) -- and the poster has arrived at the 24K figure by averaging the cost, including the free fifth night.

Last edited by beltway; Mar 17, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by beltway
The tipoff here is that Hilton uses multiples of 5K & 10K for std award night costs. None of the 10 categories has an award level at 24K (or even 25K) for a single night.

Presumably the booking is 30k/night -- consistent with the property's cat 5 designation (ergo std awards at 30K off-peak/40K peak) -- and the poster has arrived at the 24K figure by averaging the cost, including the free fifth night.
Don't quite understand your post. I booked hampton inn mexico city zocalo, and it is 10k/night, 5 nights, last night free, brings down to 8/k per night, so 40k total.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Richard1148
It is 30K/night, so when logged in as HHD, a 5 night stay is automatically system-reduced to 24K/night or 120,000 points

Last edited by kmwjes; Mar 18, 2014 at 8:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.