Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The sweet spots in the new devaluation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The sweet spots in the new devaluation?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
The bright spot of new Hilton reward program

Let's face the reality. There are many bright spots in the new reward chart.
Please contribute your finding.

My favorite: doubletree Kuala Lumpur 10000. It is a steal.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
The points plus cash rewards still look pretty good too. The points didn't go up as much as I thought they would for those.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Hilton in Sibiu (Romania) went down from 25000 to only 10000 points. Very good deal for a hotel with an executive lounge!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
i am seeing the doubletree in beijing in september @ 5000 points or 2000 points and 186 yuan.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Hilton Sibiu is a great hotel in a nice city, not easily accessible and not centrally located though. Their smallest rooms would be called "Extra large super deluxe rooms" in other hotels, and they have a lot of suites where they upgrade gold and diamond members. Staff is excellent and they have a great spa area. Even at BAR, it is quite good value, so for 10k points with gold/diamond status, it is fantastic!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Currently searching the East Coast of the US to see what changes have occured as we still have nights to book for holiday (although they obviously don't have to be Hilton).

There are a few 10k Hamptons but the winner has to be the Doubletree Richmond Airport for 5,000 or 2,000 + $30. Cheapest rate for same room is otherwise $109 + tax.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 13, 2013 at 10:07 pm Reason: Removed deleted quoted content.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
C+P of 4,000 points + RM106 ($34) at Doubletree KL is even better than the points-only reward IMO.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:00 pm

I can't try out a dummy booking because I spent all the points last night (award disappear when I log in to my account, presumably because I don't have enough even for a single night now).

However, I'd be curious to see the awards at all-inclusives - Puerto Vallarta, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc. The used to be and still are 60K per night, and AXON and GLON discounts were previously not applicable to them, so it was always 60K no matter how you slice it. Will the 5th night free work for them now? Effectively means they got cheaper, instead of spending 300K points for 5 nights I can now stay there 6 nights for the same amount, or 5 nights for 240K.

I can see standard award availability, but cannot get to the booking point due to the explanation above. Can anybody with some remaning points try and confirm please?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nyurka
I can't try out a dummy booking because I spent all the points last night (award disappear when I log in to my account, presumably because I don't have enough even for a single night now).

However, I'd be curious to see the awards at all-inclusives - Puerto Vallarta, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc. The used to be and still are 60K per night, and AXON and GLON discounts were previously not applicable to them, so it was always 60K no matter how you slice it. Will the 5th night free work for them now? Effectively means they got cheaper, instead of spending 300K points for 5 nights I can now stay there 6 nights for the same amount, or 5 nights for 240K.
I can see standard award availability, but cannot get to the booking point due to the explanation above. Can anybody with some remaning points try and confirm please?
Highly unlikely it would be less now to stay at the inclusives. Of all places to go down in value, it would probably not be these places. I think this is wishful thinking.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
Highly unlikely it would be less now to stay at the inclusives. Of all places to go down in value, it would probably not be these places. I think this is wishful thinking.
This is a non-answer. Awards are now 60K across all all-inclusives, same as they were before, no changes there. There is also a new 5th night free rule. I merely asked this new rule also works for all-inclusives. Anyone with at least 240K in their account can confirm this in no time as these rewards are bookable online.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I may have missed this but searched all the threads and unable to find a list of before / after.

Does such document exist?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:31 pm

Awards are now 60K across all all-inclusives, same as they were before, no changes there. There is also a new 5th night free rule. I merely asked this new rule also works for all-inclusives. Anyone with at least 240K in their account can confirm this in no time as these rewards are bookable online.

I just did a dummy search and there was NO 5th night free.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ladyjaneMN
Awards are now 60K across all all-inclusives, same as they were before, no changes there. There is also a new 5th night free rule. I merely asked this new rule also works for all-inclusives. Anyone with at least 240K in their account can confirm this in no time as these rewards are bookable online.

I just did a dummy search and there was NO 5th night free.
Thank you! so simply same as before.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by jinglejungle
I may have missed this but searched all the threads and unable to find a list of before / after.

Does such document exist?
I found one here: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/02/19/m...rd-categories/
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:05 pm

Sweet spot: Got 10K back after I cancelled and rebooked a 1-night stay at the Embassy Suites in Monterey, CA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.