Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Play the Hilton Honors Fantasy Racing game and win great prizes

Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Just received the email:

"Play and win with the Hilton HHonors Fantasy Racing Game"

"The countdown to the 2013 Grand Prix race season has begun and to celebrate we've launched the Hilton HHonors Fantasy Racing Game.

Create your own virtual racing team and compete to win great prizes like HHonors Bonus Points, stays at hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio, or even a 5-day, 4-night trip to New York City!*"

Link: https://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors....acing7BR841639
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:54 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
"Participation is limited to eligible HHonors members, 18 years of age or older, in the US, UK, Republic of Ireland, Canada (excluding Province of Quebec) & Germany, specifically excluding any Hilton-affiliated personnel. See Contest Official Rules for complete prize opportunity details."

The rest of us are SOL.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Thanks to FT, I now know about this promotion. I never receive emails from Hilton, despite numerous attempts to have them fix the problem.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
I'm having a hard time understanding the game as I don't know the first thing about racing. But I set up a team, picking some names and brands I know. So if anyone wants to set up a mini-league, I'll be glad to join in. Though that doesn't seem to raise winning chances, as far as I understood the game.

Maybe someone else here is more familiar with what this is about and could spare a few minutes to do some explaining? I read the rules, but they seem to be written for people who know their Formula 1 or either their Bet&Win quite well.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DannyDarko
I'm having a hard time understanding the game as I don't know the first thing about racing. But I set up a team, picking some names and brands I know. So if anyone wants to set up a mini-league, I'll be glad to join in. Though that doesn't seem to raise winning chances, as far as I understood the game.

Maybe someone else here is more familiar with what this is about and could spare a few minutes to do some explaining? I read the rules, but they seem to be written for people who know their Formula 1 or either their Bet&Win quite well.
Gotta tell ya - I completely agree. Not sure what the heck is going on with this, lol. I also am a complete racing nube.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
LOL make that 3. I made a team called Somchai and Password is Lauren. Feel free to join
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:47 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
LOL make that 3. I made a team called Somchai and Password is Lauren. Feel free to join
I am in
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Don't ask me what to do next though LOL
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL FO, WN AL
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

I joined. Looks like everyone is learning together.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
I also joined. As far as I can grasp the whole thing, there is no additional advantage if one joins a mini-league, right? It's just a matter of HHonors members teaming and collaborating. So, maybe world peace is the aim of all of this.
London, El Paso, New Jersey and Berlin - I like the international flair the whole thing is taking on. It's very unusual that the UK and Germany are permitted to take part in Hilton's sweepstakes.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 pm

http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.c...spx?page=rules
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
PM me for a mini league and password if you want to join another.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
This is GREAT!! Thanks, OP.

If you are a formula one fan, this would be like icing on the cake. It's like all other fantasy games, it'll be so much more fun if you do know the driver/player. But even if you don't, you can pretty much tell who is better by the price tag on him.

anyway, the race won't start in another couple of months. Can't wait..
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Originally Posted by DannyDarko

Basically you have 100 million dollars as your team budget (believe it or not, the real teams have more ), and you can spend on driver (4 max), constructor (ie, team, 2 max), engine. But of course the money is not enough if you want the best of the best in all categories. That's where the strategy comes in.

just 2 cents.. hopefully it can help u get started..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Spam?

Okay, so I signed up and made up a team, and a short while later I get an email in my junk mail from "silent manager", or "silentmanager.tv" purporting to be from the Hilton Fantasy Racing Game.

Didn't open the email, but I can read it without opening an email, and that really looks like spam or a scammed email (all sorts of letters, numbers and symbols in what would usually be the body of a regular email and no message), so is someone using our registrations to send out junkmail or...?

Anyone else get a similar email after you entered, and if so and you opened it, did it appear okay?

bj-21.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.